covid vaccine: yea or nay?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

will you get the covid vaccine?

yes, with conditions
25%
no, with conditions
8%
yes, unconditionally
35%
no, unconditionally
31%

Total votes: 48

Ceisiwr

Re: COVID Vaccine

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:18 am
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:13 am
thepea wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:05 am No vaccine for this kid, nor will I ever get it.
No mask either, never have never will.
Not my responsibility if others get sick.
Did you ever think to ask yourself if they haven’t isolated the virus, just how did they make a vaccine?
Microsoft malware, same business model.Fact(full stop)
:alien:
I don’t comprehend the alien emoji?
I found your post weird.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:24 am
thepea wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:18 am
Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:13 am

:alien:
I don’t comprehend the alien emoji?
I found your post weird.
Oh, ok.
Wasn’t sure what the alien craft meant.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

salayatananirodha wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:44 pm the shot itself hurt, and i cried out
At about three in the afternoon, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"). Matthew 27:46 :rofl:

Thanks for being a guinea pig for the rest of us, dude :thumbsup: :bow: . Two professors (one a Nobel Prize recipient) I follow said they have taken it and another professor I follow likes the technology; saying it could be the "safest ever". Possibly these rich old guys want a passport so they can travel again. Hopefully, it seems you should be OK.

Just don't listen to 'crazy' ladies, like this: ;)
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
thepea

Re: covid vaccine: yea or nay?

Post by thepea »

Spiny Norman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:30 am I'll be taking up the vaccine, partly to protect myself, and partly to protect others.
In the spirit of the Sedaka Sutta:
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html

Meanwhile, I hope that the narcissistic anti-vax types won't succeed in undermining this important public health measure.
I’m anti-vaccine, and I am doing everything in my power to bring an end to this corporate corruption. I am prepared to die on this line.Fact(full stop)
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:49 am
Spiny Norman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:30 am I'll be taking up the vaccine, partly to protect myself, and partly to protect others.
In the spirit of the Sedaka Sutta:
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html

Meanwhile, I hope that the narcissistic anti-vax types won't succeed in undermining this important public health measure.
I’m anti-vaccine, and I am doing everything in my power to bring an end to this corporate corruption. I am prepared to die on this line.Fact(full stop)
Is it the evil corporations or the monstrous state who is behind this? It's been a while since I checked in with the latest anti-vaxx theory.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:53 am Is it the evil corporations or the monstrous state who is behind this?
obviously both. simple common sense understands
Covid: The devastating toll of the pandemic on children

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55863841
since you personally are a diabetic, it appears appropriate you take the vaccine

but others who don't need the vaccine should not be forced to take it to protect the minority who have poor health
MN 135 wrote:Here, student, some man or woman [who supports the Iraq War and other Middle-East Wars against Islam :P ] is given to injuring beings with the hand, with a clod, with a stick, or with a knife. Because of performing and undertaking such action, on the dissolution of the body, after death, he reappears in a state of deprivation…But if instead he comes back to the human state, then wherever he is reborn he is sickly. This is the way, student, that leads to sickliness, namely, one is given to injuring beings with the hand, with a clod, with a stick, or with a knife.

But here, student, some man or woman is not given to injuring beings with the hand, with a clod, with a stick, or with a knife. Because of performing and undertaking such action, on the dissolution of the body, after death, he reappears in a happy destination…But if instead he comes back to the human state, then wherever he is reborn he is healthy. This is the way, student, that leads to health, namely, one is not given to injuring beings with the hand, with a clod, with a stick, or with a knife.
Last edited by DooDoot on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

thepea

Post by thepea »

oatsandmilk wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:34 am What I really can't understand is how they came up with a vaccine so fast. In less than a year. It takes more time to design a skyscraper and another three to build it.

Granted there have been huge advances in science but the Chief Scientists of Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca and other firms should come to townhalls where they are grilled at length by sceptical experts. Not a Congress or Parliamentary hearing (the 5-10 minute limit is deeply annoying because no one can complete a cross examination in few minutes).

What is even more disturbing is the successful vaccines coming out of developing countries. There is no possible way that it could be done in 10 months by at least 4 companies worldwide (Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca, Bharat Biotech - listed only those which are approved in at least one country and has submitted data for public scrutiny .. that is not included Chinese and Russian vaccines).

:anjali:
oatsandmilk
They didn’t come up with it quickly.
There is a patent on corona virus.Fact.
This means it was lab created.Fact.
Why would they do this, and why take their vaccine?
When this comes to light I will look deeper.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

thepea wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:57 am This means it was lab created. Fact.
It sounds like a massive "conspiracy theory" the virus breaks out in Wuhan which contained the world's primary lab (funded by Gates & Fauci) researching & experimenting with corona viruses, including merging them with HIV. :tongue:

it is not possible a lab in Wuhan could release a virus in Wuhan :tongue:

all the gossip is here for those with science degrees, courtesy of Zhengli-Li Shi :P
Zhengli Shi - State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Wuhan, 430071 Hubei China
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7086629/
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature12711
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4797993/
https://www.independentsciencenews.org/ ... ab-origin/
Zhengli-Li Shi wrote: "Research in this manuscript was supported by grants from the National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Disease and the National Institute of Aging of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) under awards U19AI109761 (R.S.B.), U19AI107810 (R.S.B.), AI085524 (W.A.M.), F32AI102561 (V.D.M.) and K99AG049092 (V.D.M.), and by the National Natural Science Foundation of China awards 81290341 (Z.-L.S.) and 31470260 (X.-Y.G.), and by USAID-EPT-PREDICT funding from EcoHealth Alliance (Z.-L.S.). Human airway epithelial cultures were supported by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease of the NIH under award NIH DK065988 (S.H.R.). We also thank M.T. Ferris (Dept. of Genetics, University of North Carolina) for the reviewing of statistical approaches and C.T. Tseng (Dept. of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch) for providing Calu-3 cells. Experiments with the full-length and chimeric SHC014 recombinant viruses were initiated and performed before the GOF research funding pause and have since been reviewed and approved for continued study by the NIH. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH."
Last edited by DooDoot on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

:focus:

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

The pandemic has demonstrated how many of the people around me that I need for my life to get by as well as it does. They need me to wear masks and get vaccinated, so that is what I do. Many of my habitual tendencies of thought and feeling go against what the Buddha taught and it really comes out when I'm feeling inconvenienced. Even if I were completely right, however, it is better for me to go with what Buddha taught. 36 years of doing it my way and I still can't meditate.
ToVincent

Post by ToVincent »

I'm not a fan of russian roulette.
The worst thing is that the first "vaccines" being proposed to us are not vaccines, but gene therapy products. We are going to inject nucleic acids that will cause our own cells to make elements of the virus. The consequences of this injection are completely unknown, because it is a first in humans. What if the cells of some "vaccinated" people produce too many viral elements, leading to uncontrollable reactions in our body?

The first gene therapies will be with RNA, but there are projects with DNA. Normally, in our cells, the message goes from DNA to RNA, but the reverse is possible in certain circumstances, especially since our human cells have contained since the dawn of time so-called "endogenous" retroviruses integrated into the DNA of our chromosomes. These "domesticated" (ed. and undetectable spuma) retroviruses, that inhabit us are usually harmless (unlike HIV, the AIDS retrovirus for example), but they can produce an enzyme, reverse transcriptase, capable of transcribing backwards from RNA to DNA.

Thus, RNA that is foreign to our body and administered by injection could code for DNA, (just as foreign,) which can then be integrated into our chromosomes, (genome).

There is therefore a real risk of transforming our genes definitively. There is also the possibility, by modifying the nucleic acids of our eggs or sperm, of transmitting these genetic modifications to our children. The people who promote these gene therapies, falsely called "vaccines", are sorcerer's apprentices and take the French, and more generally the citizens of the world, for guinea pigs.

A medical manager of one of the pharmaceutical laboratories that manufacture them said that he hoped for an individual protection effect, but that one should not expect too much impact on the transmission of the virus, and therefore on the dynamics of the epidemic. This is a disguised admission that this is not a vaccine.

I am all the more horrified because I have always been a pro-vaccine advocate and for years I have presided over vaccine policy-making bodies.

Professor Christian Perronne
I'd rather wear that kind of $35 watch (hopefully provided by our governments - to which we pay taxes for that matter) — a watch that checks my pulse, temperature, oxygen saturation, performs an electrocardiogram - all indications that can be addressed to my doctor, and allows to monitor me remotely, and have me lockdowned.
Then, if I get Covid 19 (again*,) I'd like him to prescribes Ivermectine to me.

Then, if worse come to worse, I'd rather my doctor prescribes me a "real" classical vaccine (like the Sinovac Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus) — once more feedback will be available on these types of vaccines.

*Oh - and I already got covid "once", eight months ago. Three days gasping for air.
I suppose "breathing high" made it easier on me.
In this world, there are many people acting and yearning for the Mara's world; some for the Brahma's world; and very few for the Unborn.
nmjojola

Post by nmjojola »

Considering the fact that the vaccine is only for reducing the chances of becoming symptomatic upon infection (it is not for preventing infection nor transmission), there's not much point for me in getting it since my age and health don't put me in a compromised position nor am I concerned about symptoms.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

nmjojola wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:41 pm Considering the fact that the vaccine is only for reducing the chances of becoming symptomatic upon infection (it is not for preventing infection nor transmission), there's not much point for me in getting it since my age and health don't put me in a compromised position nor am I concerned about symptoms.
Some new yesterday that the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine does stop transmission.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

ToVincent wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:38 am I'm not a fan of russian roulette.

I'd rather wear that kind of $35 watch (hopefully provided by our governments - to which we pay taxes for that matter) — a watch that checks my pulse, temperature, oxygen saturation, performs an electrocardiogram - all indications that can be addressed to my doctor, and allows to monitor me remotely, and have me lockdowned.
Then, if I get Covid 19 (again*,) I'd like him to prescribes Ivermectine to me.

Then, if worse come to worse, I'd rather my doctor prescribes me a "real" classical vaccine (like the Sinovac Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus) — once more feedback will be available on these types of vaccines.

*Oh - and I already got covid "once", eight months ago. Three days gasping for air.
I suppose "breathing high" made it easier on me.
Good informative & wise post. Two good posts in two days. :bow: :bow: :anjali:
nmjojola wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:41 pm Considering the fact that the vaccine is only for reducing the chances of becoming symptomatic upon infection (it is not for preventing infection nor transmission), there's not much point for me in getting it since my age and health don't put me in a compromised position nor am I concerned about symptoms.
Another informed post. Yonisomanasikara. :anjali:
Ceisiwr wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:29 pm Some new yesterday that the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine does stop transmission.
What about the former reported problems? The bottom line is whether these "vaccines" will help the most vulnerable, such as the aged & unhealthy. It seems pointless to vaccinate the healthy if it won't protect the unhealthy & vulnerable.

retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
DooDoot wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:51 pm What about the former reported problems? The bottom line is whether these "vaccines" will help the most vulnerable, such as the aged & unhealthy. It seems pointless to vaccinate the healthy if it won't protect the unhealthy & vulnerable.
Potentially it's quite the conundrum... the healthy don't need it, and there are concerns that it could be too dangerous for the elderly?
https://www.ft.com/content/a6a6d64c-a337-4af4-9525-d194571c7887 wrote: Switzerland’s medical regulator has said it cannot authorise use of the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine based on the available trial data in a further setback for the rollout of the Anglo-Swedish jab.

The vaccine, which is already being administered in the UK, was given authorisation for use across the EU on Friday last week, but health officials in France, Germany, Italy, Sweden and Poland have all advised against its use for older people. Switzerland, which is not a member of the EU, is the first European country to rule against approving the jab.

“For the vaccine from AstraZeneca, the data available and evaluated to date are not yet sufficient for approval,” SwissMedic said on Wednesday. “In order to obtain additional data on safety, efficacy and quality, data from new studies are required.”

The body’s independent advisory panel of experts arrived at the same conclusion in a special meeting on Tuesday, the regulator added. “The data currently available do not point to a positive decision regarding benefits and risks,” it said.
Perhaps the focus should turn to the much maligned and often ignored (dare I say, censored) matter of therapeutics and prophylaxis?

Or, the radical concept of personal accountability...
AN 5.57 wrote:"'I am the owner of my actions, heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir.'
:popcorn:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."