Can I get 3 months break?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
JC938

Can I get 3 months break?

Post by JC938 »

Hi,

I weight very much and I need to lose some weight. However, I don't think I can do it if I were to start a business at the same time, right now I'm free.

So, instead of worrying about money right now, can I focus this 3 months only on losing weight? I ask this question before and got answer that I should focus on health and wealth at the same time, but from my experience I don't think I can do it, focusing on both goals is very difficult for me.

Can I use the next 3 months only focus to losing weight?

Thanks.
Samana_Johann

Re: Can I get 3 months break?

Post by Samana_Johann »

Why not focus on losing desire, not at least to make the topic worthy not to be required to send down to wellness, good householder, and why just for a break? If up to repeat offence, why burden around with a break of that what is desired?
Neither invited nor member of the community here, but the here given as received: Dhamma-dana
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

You should take a break from this forum.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
JC938

Post by JC938 »

SteRo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:09 pm You should take a break from this forum.
That's abit harsh. No, I don't want to take a break from this forum.
JC938

Post by JC938 »

Samana_Johann wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:07 pm Why not focus on losing desire, not at least to make the topic worthy not to be required to send down to wellness, good householder, and why just for a break? If up to repeat offence, why burden around with a break of that what is desired?
Yes, removing desire is what I will surely work on. But right now, I need to work on health and wealth before I put more effort there.
Samana_Johann

Post by Samana_Johann »

What ever good householder desires, but maybe certain better in wellness-section to get not confused of which desires are worth to give into and which are merely repeat-offences.
Neither invited nor member of the community here, but the here given as received: Dhamma-dana
JC938

Post by JC938 »

Samana_Johann wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:27 pm What ever good householder desires, but maybe certain better in wellness-section to get not confused of which desires are worth to give into and which are merely repeat-offences.
Yes, maybe more fit in the wellness section. Nevermind.
sakyan

Post by sakyan »

JC938 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:02 pm Hi,

I weight very much and I need to lose some weight. However, I don't think I can do it if I were to start a business at the same time, right now I'm free.

So, instead of worrying about money right now, can I focus this 3 months only on losing weight? I ask this question before and got answer that I should focus on health and wealth at the same time, but from my experience I don't think I can do it, focusing on both goals is very difficult for me.

Thanks.
If you have a job in hand, then it is not proper for you to go straight and focus 3 months on losing weight.

If you have sufficient money or have someone to support you then go ahead and focus on weight loss. Weight loss and a healthy body will make you look better and help you with how you perceive yourself.

Along with the weight loss, it is good if you meditate daily for 1hr. Read meditation instructions from ven Mahasi Sayadaw books and implement them in practice.

Your goals should be in this way if possible :
1. Healthy body (exercise) + healthy mind ( meditation for enlightenment)
2. Sufficient wealth to sustain your needs.

I have wrote this post just for you, I understand it totally that life at times is very difficult and very frustrating. Don't procastinate or nothing good can happen.

Let go of laziness and thinking wether to do or not. Just start working on this plan.

It's better to try 100% then to regret later.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Stero, hunni, maybe you should too ?

:twothumbsup:
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Aloka wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:57 pm

I am in a state of continuous break so I don't need that kind of protection.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

SteRo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Lol, burgers and coke ? :tongue:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

r u saying u break take in this forum or u in diet forever or u r in samadhi most of time that u dont discern difference between break n non break?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

JC938 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:02 pm I need to lose some weight.
Only eat after 12
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:01 pm

r u saying u break take in this forum or u in diet forever or u r in samadhi most of time that u dont discern difference between break n non break?
अधीः-awareness <-> mindfulness <-> concentration on mere emptiness ... or any other permutation
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
circuit

Post by circuit »

JC938 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:02 pm Hi,

Thanks.
no you can not be sure it is 3 months. how can you so sure you can decide it is really 3 months?

you can be caught by virus and dead before 3 months. so don't say i want to do this 3 months, i want to do that in such time etc etc.

life is frail, not certain. body is food for diseases,

accept Buddha in heart right now, before it's too late. Be like Buddha, be a better one, start meditation right away, follow Buddha teaching immediately, stop dreaming, stop thinking.

just do good heart.