I want to stop taking clozapine and the injection for (Schizophrenia)

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
dharmacorps

Re: I want to stop taking clozapine and the injection for (Schizophrenia)

Post by dharmacorps »

DooDoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:28 am
"Your doctor" is not the same as "expert professional". There are different doctors & different expert professionals.
The OP talked about his doctor. That is who prescribes schizophrenia medications, typically. I'm a physician's assistant so I understand the nuance of paramedical professions. What kind of medical professional are you?
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

dharmacorps wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:33 am The OP talked about his doctor. That is who prescribes schizophrenia medications, typically. I'm a physician's assistant so I understand the nuance of paramedical professions. What kind of medical professional are you?
Irrelevant. All medical professionals do not share the same views. The OP has doubts about his current doctor. Therefore, the OP should consult an alternate doctor to deal with his doubts.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
pegembara

Post by pegembara »

Follow the professional advice from your psychiatrist as well as others who had the same problems eg support groups. Never take advice from people who have not experienced what you have especially so-called "experts".

https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/gui ... -resources
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

DooDoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:28 am
dharmacorps wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:02 pm
48vows wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:56 pm Please talk to an expert professional.

This site is not a good place for this advice.
Exactly.

Listen to your doctor. If you have schizophrenia you can't trust your mind too much.
"Your doctor" is not the same as "expert professional". There are different doctors & different expert professionals. A person with doubts about their treatment options should search for & consult a different doctor.
Pondera wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:21 pm ...
Excellent posts. :thumbsup:
Well DooDoot ... I must say ... I have never in my experience here experienced such a positive response from you. And I should say it is appreciated.

Most of the time we bicker over the true nature of Nibbana. I am glad for once that you have validated my experience.

And I will reply in return that (over time) you have shown your self to be a modest if not excellent scholar on all things Pali and all things sutta related.

The complement is appreciated! :anjali:

In fact - it is only because I have always respected you as a worthy adversary that your complement is so appreciated.

Stay well.
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Pondera wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:24 am Well DooDoot ... I must say ... I have never in my experience here experienced such a positive response from you. And I should say it is appreciated.
You are welcome Pondera. The self-awareness & lucidity towards your condition and your approach to it is very impressive. I have had and still have conditions from a major physical ailment and, like all such things, it involves a constant search & learning to find the optimal treatment options & optimal treatment providers. Thus, it was also impressive to read you keep up to date with new forms of medicine & treatment; similar to a good doctor that maintains continuous learning.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
JC938

Post by JC938 »

Thanks everyone, I will continue my medications for now. And surely talk to the doctor about this when I meet him.
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

i'm not a psychiatrist at all and not trained in what is called the field of psychology
but i personally don't believe in psychotropic medications. and i have the luxury of not depending on them at this time. however, i was at one point told i probably had bipolar disorder and prescribed citalopram (mood stabilizer was recommended but dr went by my preference)...
i also have long thought i am autistic as i exhibit some of the typical behaviors. and also borderline personality disorder.
from like 2009 to 2015 it was like i took a wrecking ball to my whole life. did lot of adderall (not prescribed) and marijuana in 2010 and a few benzos and went insane for a decent amount of time. lost a bunch of weight and damaged my body. drank a lot of alcohol from 2012 to 2013. didn't work and couldn't afford anything but got really fat. indulgence, heedlessness, instability. i got pretty calm from meditation but did not see the drawbacks of intoxication
intoxication (in the sense of alcohol and recreational drugs) causes insanity. lots of people with psychological disorders depend on alcohol and recreational drugs. nothing ethically wrong with going to a psychiatrist and taking prescribed medications. but i don't believe they are very effective, and i prefer to be medication-free. if one develops insight into the mind, its turbulence should lessen and also not invade the mind. the brain and the mind are not the same. so really, if you want to ignore my opinion on psychotropic medicine, fine, but just do your very best to live an ethical, wholesome life. the conditions that support these unpleasant mental feelings are impermanent, meaning they arise, cease and change while persisting; so too do the mental feelings
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
tamdrin

Post by tamdrin »

I also have schizophrenia which I have posted about elsewhere. Unfortunately we are usually doing well because the medication is working and that will change when medications are discontinued. I have tried several times and ended up not feeling well, although I didn't let it go so far as to go into psychosis.

If anyone wants to talk to me to share experience or ask advice please don't hesitate to contact me.
user99

Post by user99 »

Dont worry about what you believe are sideeffects because there isnt any. Your hapiness Will increase with time deep inside.