The Magic of Mushrooms - A Psilocybin Renaissance

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
DooDoot

Re: The Magic of Mushrooms - A Psilocybin Renaissance

Post by DooDoot »

Kim OHara wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:45 am And that is also part of the point I was trying to make before, which is that the real world is much messier and ...looser... than you seem to believe.
irrelevant. of the real world, the suttas say:
174. Blind is the world; here only a few possess insight. Only a few, like birds escaping from the net, go to realms of bliss.
the bottom line is a Thai claiming to be a Buddhist won't prevent the fruition of any evil deeds. the suttas say:
Bhikkhus, possessing ten qualities, a female lay follower is deposited in hell as if brought there. What ten? (1) She destroys life … and (10) holds wrong view. Possessing these ten qualities, a female lay follower is deposited in hell as if brought there.

https://suttacentral.net/an10.214/en/bodhi
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Spiny Norman wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:27 pm
Kim OHara wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:31 pm :rofl:

All I was trying to do was to remind you - yes, just you, DD, not "Buddhist forums" - that most lay Buddhists do in fact drink alcohol pretty regularly, in spite of the Precepts. (Most lay Christians steal, too, and covet, and break others of the Commandments, and many Muslims also drink alcohol, and Jews eat pork.)
Deal with it.

:coffee:
Kim
I despair at the pretentious moral posturings of some "Protestant" Theravadans. ...
Just "Protestant" ?
A stronger word is needed, I think.

:toilet:
Kim
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Refer to: viewtopic.php?p=603720#p603720

I went to lengths to make this post in order to underly the extreme similarities between psilocybin and serotonin.

Psilocybin is A MEDICINE!

It has a hydroxy group on the 4th axis of the hexagonal ring where as serotonin has the hydroxy group on the fifth hexagonal ring!

Use what little biochemistry you’ve accumulated throughout life to make the connection.

Psilocybin is a serotonin receptor agonist. It accomplished the same effects.

It is non addictive. Non habit forming. And has no withdrawals when use is stoped.

It treats PTSD, depression, anxiety, OCD, and other disorders.

DooDoot specifically - you need to recognize this molecule for what it really is. You need to use a little modern day scientific thinking in order to classify this object!

Once again. Imagine the world without penicillin!!!

They are both fungi!!! They are both medicinals!!!
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded