Masks: Yes or No

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Will you wear a mask when the pandemic seems to you no longer a danger?

No
39%
Yes
61%

Total votes: 31

Nicholas Weeks

Re: Masks: Yes or No

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

As time passes and one wishes to change their vote, it is permitted - more than once if you like.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Pondera wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:33 am So, yes. Masks. Because everyone is doing it, man.
But what about "when the pandemic seems to you no longer a danger?" Would you still wear it then?
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

DNS wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:03 pm
Pondera wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:33 am So, yes. Masks. Because everyone is doing it, man.
But what about "when the pandemic seems to you no longer a danger?" Would you still wear it then?
In my province the mask mandates are left up to the chief health authority. When she decides that the threat of COVID no longer dictates the use of masks, and declares that preventative measure “no longer needed” - I will adhere to the laws of the land.

I generally adhere to the laws of the land. Where I live, there is a fine associated with large gatherings and places of business will out right refuse to serve you if you come into their store without a mask.

For me it’s practical. Now that the variants are effecting 20 to 39 year olds - I have become weary of those youths who would rather party and speak moistly - than protect the population as a whole. So, I find the mask reassuring around young folk.

Other than that, my job does not dictate constant wearing of masks. I find them hot and bothering. I would rather NOT wear them - but I trust my provincial health authority on the matter.
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
Bokido

Post by Bokido »

I wear a mask when I am around people so they will feel more confident.
TRobinson465

Post by TRobinson465 »

Yeah. Cuz its easy to do and because ahimsa.
"Do not have blind faith, but also no blind criticism" - the 14th Dalai Lama

"The Blessed One has set in motion the unexcelled Wheel of Dhamma that cannot be stopped by brahmins, devas, Maras, Brahmas or anyone in the cosmos." -Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta