Masks: Yes or No

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Will you wear a mask when the pandemic seems to you no longer a danger?

No
39%
Yes
61%

Total votes: 31

Nicholas Weeks

Masks: Yes or No

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Only vote No if you mean under no circumstances will you wear or continue to wear a mask.
Vote Yes if you will mask-up for some or no reasons.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Masks: Yes or No

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

The wording of this other poll sways the polled folks toward reliance on medical authorities, so this DW one emphasizes the individual's decision.

Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Masks are obviously bad for your health and were never ever previously a part of WHO guidelines. There was never any evidence they work.

WHO guidelines for pandemic involved: (i) washing of hands; and (ii) social distancing.

Masks create a false sense of security resulting in carelessness, as witnessed by mobs of police in masks mobbing people.

Even Mr Fauci originally said to not use masks. Masks are used by terrorists and by Asians on motorcycles who believe they help with pollution.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

I’ll no longer wear a mask once the law has changed.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

It may be that I might want to go into a store. And I might still have to wear a mask at work to keep my job. And the law says I have to in order to ride the bus. Other than that, my mask stays off.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Yes position is certainly popular with political leaders:

salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

i like hiding my lower face anyway. i dont have to check for boogers, and i dont have to worry as much about how my breath smells. ive noticed lots of people look better with them on/have weird mouths.
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
Ryan95227

Post by Ryan95227 »

Deleted
Last edited by Ryan95227 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan95227

Post by Ryan95227 »

Ryan95227 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 am
DooDoot wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:35 pm Masks are obviously bad for your health and were never ever previously a part of WHO guidelines. There was never any evidence they work.

WHO guidelines for pandemic involved: (i) washing of hands; and (ii) social distancing.

Masks create a false sense of security resulting in carelessness, as witnessed by mobs of police in masks mobbing people.

Even Mr Fauci originally said to not use masks. Masks are used by terrorists and by Asians on motorcycles who believe they help with pollution.
Where did you get this sort of information? Masks are not bad for your health and countries that were already wearing masks did much better than those that did not. In one particular story in South Korea, there was a customer infected with COVID-19 and everyone at that store was wearing mask. The infected was also wearing mask and was there for 30+ mins and NONE got infected. It's already been declared that if everyone WORE mask then pandemic would've been over. This is quiet ignorant. Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Either way this is very ignorant and is breaching even right speech.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Ryan,

It appears in this instance it is you being quite ignorant of the topic. Please familiarise yourself with the opening post, before going off half-cocked and making baseless accusations.

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

It messes up my beard. I don’t like it. I take at least ten minutes in the morning to straighten out my beard. Then I put a mask on and it’s ruined. I’m very superficial about my beard - to the point where I’ll endanger my own or someone else’s life.

But where I live the shop keep won’t serve you unless you walk into their place of business with a mask. And I’m not about to give up alcohol out of sheer vanity.

So, yes. Masks. Because everyone is doing it, man.
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
BrokenBones

Post by BrokenBones »

A definite no... I'd say more but the OP is quite specific.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

BrokenBones wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:09 am A definite no... I'd say more but the OP is quite specific.
The OP is only giving what a Yes or No vote means for the Poll.

There is no restriction in fact or intent for commenting on the subject of masks.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

I do think the question can be easily answered through a simple yes or no.

The word "seems" implies relying on appearances. Appearances can be deceptive.

The word "you" is vague for a social being, especially in the context of wearing masks that is meant to protect oneself or others.

The word "danger" depends on many factors. For example, the individual might accurately estimate the health dangers on himself, but underestimate the dangers on others as well as the associated feelings of guilt and remorse.

On the other hand, contemplating the uncertainty in moral and legal questions helps us to act without being overly calculated. Probably acknowledging the uncertainty in existence can loosen the grip of fear and over-reliance on the authority of "experts".
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Nicholas Weeks wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:31 pm There is no restriction in fact or intent for commenting on the subject of masks.
... so long as it remains within the bounds of the "Wellness, Diet & Fitness" section, and doesn't veer off into discussion on politics, the broader public response, or other such tangents better suited to DWE.

Please see also the previous announcement: A Note about Coronavirus discussions

:thanks:

As to the poll, I voted No. I haven't been wearing a mask to date, and don't intend to start once the pandemic is over.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."