covid experiences

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Which of the following have you experienced?

I have covid now or had in the past and recovered.
3%
I know family and friends who have had covid and recovered.
33%
I know some family and friends who have died from covid.
10%
I have never had covid, afaik.
38%
None of my family and friends have had covid, afaik.
15%

Total votes: 39

DNS
Site Admin

covid experiences

Post by DNS »

Just curious what members here have experienced with the covid pandemic. You can select up to 3 choices.
Bundokji

Re: covid experiences

Post by Bundokji »

I selected the first three options. The one whom doctors attributed death to covid was the father in law of my colleague. He is neither a family member nor a friend, but i still choose the third option.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I don't think I have had it (afaik). There was a few day period about a year ago where I had a very bad headache, generally did not feel good, but no cough, no trouble breathing. I've been around some people who had it, but apparently never got it. I know a few people who have died from it, but none of my family or friends.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

I don't think I've had it, unless it was symptomless or nearly so. My wife tested positive last November and had no symptoms, so that could have been a false test result.

I know a couple of friends who claim to have had it, but they did not have tests and their account is indistinguishable from a bad cold.

My wife has conducted funerals for people who supposedly died of it. They were all very elderly. She was told by various professionals, this time last year, to expect an avalanche of covid funerals, but that has not happened.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Several of my friends and acquaintances have died of Covid. One, a Russian, was about 60, and seemed pretty healthy when he visited New Zealand the year before.

:heart:
Mike
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

mikenz66 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:43 pm Several of my friends and acquaintances have died of Covid. One, a Russian, was about 60, and seemed pretty healthy when he visited New Zealand the year before.

Mike
Sorry to hear that Mike.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

Thanks. This past year has given us a lot of food for thought. I started seeing my lockdown Facebook posts pop up as memories a week or so ago... Seems longer than a year...

Mike
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

mikenz66 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:03 pm Thanks. This past year has given us a lot of food for thought. I started seeing my lockdown Facebook posts pop up as memories a week or so ago... Seems longer than a year...

Mike
It certainly does.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

mikenz66 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:43 pm Several of my friends and acquaintances have died of Covid. One, a Russian, was about 60, and seemed pretty healthy when he visited New Zealand the year before.
Any comorbidities?
DNS wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:09 pm There was a few day period about a year ago where I had a very bad headache, generally did not feel good, but no cough, no trouble breathing. I've been around some people who had it, but apparently never got it. I know a few people who have died from it, but none of my family or friends.
I nearly died from having to wear a mask for 50 minutes last week on public transport. It was like a hell realm.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

A friend "recovered" but not fully -- she is still needing oxygen support at home -- it has been at least a couple of months -- nasty lung x-ray. Her mother died from it. Other friends have had minor symptoms (tested positive) and seem to be fully recovered.
Those who grasp at perceptions & views wander the internet creating friction. [based on Sn4:9,v.847]