Pandemic Vaccines (Personal intention to take or not take...)

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

Have you taken or will you take the pandemic vaccine?

Yes I have with no bad effects
33%
Yes I have with some bad effects
17%
Eventually I will take it
22%
Never will take any of present versions
28%

Total votes: 18

Nicholas Weeks

Pandemic Vaccines (Personal intention to take or not take...)

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Vote changing is possible.
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
Ceisiwr

Re: Pandemic Vaccines

Post by Ceisiwr »

Had both jabs some time ago (Pfizer). Felt fine, apart from a dead arm for 2 days the 1st time and a little headache. Parents have both had their 1st Astra-Zeneca one. They were fine bar a bit of a temperature and headache the next day.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Ceisiwr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:38 am Had both jabs some time ago (Pfizer). Felt fine, apart from a dead arm for 2 days the 1st time and a little headache. Parents have both had their 1st Astra-Zeneca one. They were fine bar a bit of a temperature and headache the next day.
You are more knowledgable Mr C, so tell us which versions of the available vaccines do not use any RNA or DNA. Any that are old-fashioned with a tiny bit of the hair of the dog only?
Good and evil have no fixed form. It's as easy to turn from doing bad to doing good as it is to flip over the hand from the back to the palm. It's simply up to us to do it. Master Hsuan Hua.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Nicholas Weeks wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:45 am
Ceisiwr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:38 am Had both jabs some time ago (Pfizer). Felt fine, apart from a dead arm for 2 days the 1st time and a little headache. Parents have both had their 1st Astra-Zeneca one. They were fine bar a bit of a temperature and headache the next day.
You are more knowledgable Mr C, so tell us which versions of the available vaccines do not use any RNA or DNA. Any that are old-fashioned with a tiny bit of the hair of the dog only?
Pfizer uses mRNA for the viral spike protein enclosed in a lipid capsule. This is taken up by the body’s cells and they start producing the spike protein on the cell surface, which provokes an immune response. Oxford/Astra-Zeneca works on the basis of a vector. The gene for the spike protein was added to a harmless virus from the adenoviruses. Once the virus infects the cell it inserts the gene for the spike protein into the cellular DNA, resulting in the production of the coronavirus spike protein on the cell surface. Once again this provokes the desired immune response.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Ceisiwr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 am
Pfizer uses mRNA for the viral spike protein enclosed in a lipid capsule. This is taken up by the body’s cells and they start producing the spike protein on the cell surface, which provokes an immune response. Oxford/Astra-Zeneca works on the basis of a vector. The gene for the spike protein was added to a harmless virus from the adenoviruses. Once the virus infects the cell it inserts the gene for the spike protein into the cellular DNA, resulting in the production of the coronavirus spike protein on the cell surface. Once again this provokes the desired immune response.
You did not mention any vaccine that does not use mRNA or gene insertion into DNA. So one can assume that there is none available at present or you do not know of one.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Nicholas Weeks wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:19 am
Ceisiwr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 am
You did not mention any vaccine that does not use mRNA or gene insertion into DNA. So one can assume that there is none available at present or you do not know of one.
I’ve not looked into the others that have been approved, in various countries.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The risks are 1 in a million, but those under 30 are to be offered a choice to the Oxford AstraZenic jab that I had.
Ten deaths out of 10 million people vaccinated is a one-in-a-million chance.

That's roughly the same risk as being murdered in the next month or - if you get in a car and drive for 250 miles - the risk of you dying in a road accident on that journey.
The EU medicines regulator agrees that unusual blood clots are a very rare side-effect. The benefits outweigh the risks.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

It is normal to have a fever, body ache, etc of the normal virus.
So please do not take them as bad effects. They are normal.
If you have bad effect please explain it.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Nicholas Weeks wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Why not, there are several links within the piece that are good.
Like reading Playboy for "the articles".
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings all,

Some off-topic posts have been removed. Please ensure we stick to the topic, so that we may keep it open.

:rules:

This is a poll in the Wellness section, about your personal intentions and experiences, regarding your personal health and well-being. If you want to explain your experiences or substantiate the reasoning behind why you've done or not done something, then that's great. Bhikkhu Pesala gave a good example of doing this well.

However, once we start sniping at one other from different sides of the "pro" and "anti" bunker, we've gone well beyond that. If you wish to have "The Great [Vaccine/Mask/Lockdown] Debate", Dharma Wheel Engaged is the place for it.

For more details on the reasons why we're quite strict on this, please see: A Note About Coronavirus Discussions

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

I would only take it if i have to. For example, if i have to travel and it becomes a condition to be vaccinated, then i might consider it. Otherwise, if i am left alone, i would continue with my normal life and be open to possibilities.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.