Risk of taking vaccine jab

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
mikenz66

Re: Risk of taking vaccine jab

Post by mikenz66 »

SarathW wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:32 pm In my opinion, the Chinese vaccine is the safest and produces higher results.
It was made using the old technology without altering the DNA of the virus.
It is natural. It is not man-made in a laboratory.
Why the West always want to maddle with the genes?
As far as I understand it, having sat through a rather technical lecture by a synthetic organic chemist colleague, the RNA vaccines don't alter the DNA (or RNA) of the virus, it induces human cells to produce antibodies.
The vaccines in question use modified messenger RNA to provide instructions for cells to make spike proteins that then trigger an immune response against the spike protein of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19. The cells quickly break down the mRNA.
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/scich ... nYQAvD_BwE
2. How does an mRNA vaccine work?
mRNA, delivered to your body's cells by lipid nanoparticles, instructs the cells to generate the spike protein found on the surface of the novel coronavirus that initiates infection.1,2 Instructing cells to generate the spike protein spurs an immune response, including generation of antibodies specific to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.

mRNA vaccines do not contain any virus particles, meaning that they don't contain weakened or dead parts of a virus or bacterium.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/ ... 19_vaccine
This is in contrast to flu vaccines, which are cultivated in eggs, then sterilised.

This is relatively new technology, the difficult thing being to prevent the mRNA being destroyed before it can do its job. The people who developed the techniques (starting in the 1990s) may well be in line for the Nobel Prize in Medicine or Chemistry.

Katalin Karikó: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katalin_K ... %B3#Career
Drew Weissman: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Weissman

Under normal circumstances, of course, clinical trials would be much longer.

:heart:
Mike
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Coronavirus actually doesn't have a DNA, it has an RNA
Sorry.
I meant RNA.
I am sure they modify the virus RNA.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
asahi

Post by asahi »

So the concerns should be whether the vaccines are : safety , the efficacy and side effects .

To date , Az are found to be lower of its efficacy compare to pfizer . And it causes clotting .Vaccines antibodies are going down over in 6 months period which means booster are needed . However pfizer or moderna with its mRNA new technology are now being warns that it could cause myocarditis in young peoples . As you may already aware that many peoples has died after 1st and 2 nd jab for Az , pfizer and moderna . Though you may say the percentage of death are insignificant .
Other than that it seems there are rigorous competitions widely known among the peers and the pictute appears to be how the manufacturer gets the most interest out of this pandemic now and in the future .
Last edited by asahi on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
No bashing No gossiping
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

asahi wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:14 am So the concerns should be whether the vaccines are : safe , the efficacy and side effects .

To date , Az are found to be lower of its efficacy compare to pfizer . And it causes clotting .Vaccines antibodies are going down over in 6 months period which means booster are needed . However pfizer or moderna with its mRNA new technology are now being warns that it could cause myocarditis in young peoples . As you may already aware that many peoples has died after 1st and 2 nd jab for Az , pfizer and moderna . Though you may say the percentage of death are insignificant .
Other than that it seems there are rigorous competitions widely known among the peers and the pictute appears to be how the manufacturer gets the most interest out of this pandemic now and in the future .
It is a never-ending gold mine for drug companies if people have to get the injection every six months or year like the flu vaccine.
I think each flu vaccine has cost about USD 25.00 or more without the subsidies.
asahi

Post by asahi »

Among all probably Az is the cheapest .
No bashing No gossiping
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

asahi wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:24 am Among all probably Az is the cheapest .
It's supplied at cost, that was part of the deal the UK government did with AZ.
I don't know how much profit the other vaccine manufacturers are making. Poor countries are having major problems buying vaccines.
Buddha save me from new-agers!
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

SarathW wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:04 am
Sorry.
I meant RNA.
It's referred to as "synthetic mRNA", designed to induce cells to produce particular spike proteins that are present on the surface of the covid-19 virus, which then induces the development of antibodies that are effective against covid-19 However, presumably is is synthesised from mRNA from the viruses, but heavily modified. Since the final product is synthesised, it can be modified to be effective against variants.

Mike
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

mikenz66 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:29 am
Sorry.
I meant RNA.
It's referred to as "synthetic mRNA", designed to induce cells to produce particular spike proteins that are present on the surface of the covid-19 virus, which then induces the development of antibodies that are effective against covid-19 However, presumably is is synthesised from mRNA from the viruses, but heavily modified. Since the final product is synthesised, it can be modified to be effective against variants.

Mike
This will create a lot of problems down the track similar to antibiotics.
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

SarathW wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:33 am
Sorry.
I meant RNA.

Mike
Are you suggesting that you'd rather not have antibiotics available? :thinking:

Mike
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

mikenz66 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:40 am
SarathW wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:33 am

Mike
Are you suggesting that you'd rather not have antibiotics available? :thinking:

Mike
We have to look into how people manage it before they introduce antibiotics.
In fact, the problem is not antibiotics.
The problem was doctors were abusing the antibiotics without knowing the drawbacks.
I can recall there was a time doctors prescribing antibiotics indiscriminately.
asahi

Post by asahi »

Vaccine researcher admits ‘big mistake,’ says spike protein is dangerous ‘toxin’
‘Terrifying’ new research finds vaccine spike protein unexpectedly in bloodstream. The protein is linked to blood clots, heart and brain damage, and potential risks to nursing babies and fertility.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/vacci ... rous-toxin
No bashing No gossiping
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

asahi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 am Vaccine researcher admits ‘big mistake,’ says spike protein is dangerous ‘toxin’
‘Terrifying’ new research finds vaccine spike protein unexpectedly in bloodstream. The protein is linked to blood clots, heart and brain damage, and potential risks to nursing babies and fertility.

On a cursory look, sounds pretty bogus:

http://byrambridle.com/

I have seen studies that showed the spike protein very occasionally crossing the blood-brain barrier and then getting broken down in the brain. And there are still some concerns as to how long it persists in the body. It is certainly not the worst part of the coronavirus, so the actual virus is much more harmful than the vaccine, but whether it can cause any harm at all on occasion, is not yet clear to me.
_/|\_
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Dan74 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:13 am
asahi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:14 am Vaccine researcher admits ‘big mistake,’ says spike protein is dangerous ‘toxin’

On a cursory look, sounds pretty bogus:

http://byrambridle.com/

I have seen studies that showed the spike protein very occasionally crossing the blood-brain barrier and then getting broken down in the brain. And there are still some concerns as to how long it persists in the body. It is certainly not the worst part of the coronavirus, so the actual virus is much more harmful than the vaccine, but whether it can cause any harm at all on occasion, is not yet clear to me.
:goodpost:

Also I'm not at all clear what constructive alternative the vaccine skeptics are proposing.
Are they saying we should stop vaccinating, then let corona and its variants circulate the world indefinitely, killing off all the elderly and vulnerable? :shrug:
asahi

Post by asahi »

Spiny Norman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:30 am Are they saying we should stop vaccinating, then let corona and its variants circulate the world indefinitely, killing off all the elderly and vulnerable? :shrug:
Are you saying body like FDA and European health advisory board should stop filtering jobs and let everyone of next generation and humanity as a whole faces indefinite dangers lying ahead ? :juggling:
No bashing No gossiping
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

asahi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:46 am
Spiny Norman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:30 am Are they saying we should stop vaccinating, then let corona and its variants circulate the world indefinitely, killing off all the elderly and vulnerable? :shrug:
Are you saying body like FDA and European health advisory board should stop filtering jobs and let everyone of next generation and humanity as a whole faces indefinite dangers lying ahead ? :juggling:
:strawman:
Of course not, that's what they're there for, and that's what they're doing.

What we don't need is narcissistic, attention-seeking conspiracy theorists continually undermining important public health measures like vaccination. These people love dodgy science, like that fiasco with the MMR vaccine.