How to cure depression by yourself (book)

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
JinnyChawla

How to cure depression by yourself (book)

Post by JinnyChawla »

Hi,

I believe most of the users here on this forum have healthy mental health. But maybe some new users who may be suffering from depression and searching for solution on this forum. I have written a short book and I'm trying to spread it in a few places I could find users who are going through depression. I hope this book helps you with your pain.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09879CXYJ/re ... 964&sr=8-1

You can download the pdf for free here - https://www.mediafire.com/file/7q06ne5s ... f.pdf/file

:anjali:
SteRo

Re: How to cure depression by yourself (book)

Post by SteRo »

In case of chronic depression a doctor should be attended.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

Quite sensible advice. Glad it worked for you. May not work for others, because they may lack the strength or the motivation to practice. They may need steps in between, a scaffolding to build up the wholesome roots.
_/|\_
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Dan74 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:05 am They may need steps in between, a scaffolding to build up the wholesome roots.
They need to give up the unwholesome cultural marxist hollywood roots.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
JinnyChawla

Post by JinnyChawla »

Created a video aswell -

Aloka

Post by Aloka »

I don't have time to read a PDF, nor am I depressed! Please could you explain what connection your book (and video) have with "the Dhamma of Theravāda Buddhism" ? (see forum banner above).

Last edited by Aloka on Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JinnyChawla

Post by JinnyChawla »

I'm sorry if I have posted something which I shouldn't have. Mod, feel free to remove this thread.

Thanks.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Now moved to "Wellness, Diet, and Fitness".
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Aloka wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:38 am I don't have time to read a PDF, nor am I depressed! Please could you explain what connection your book (and video) have with "the Dhamma of Theravāda Buddhism" ? (see forum banner above).

Why you are not depressed? Can u tell me the meditation u do frequently?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

OP, you are not correct in that everyone here is mentally healthy. there are many people on this forum with serious mental illnesses including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and delusional disorders. Suggesting people can "cure" themselves of these things is questionable advice at best, and sounds like you are selling something (which you are, your book costs money).

To practice dhamma, one needs a healthy sense of self first. Some, including those who are mentally ill, don't have one. They need to establish a healthy sense of self to practice. This could include seeing a psychiatrist, therapist, among other modalities. Its good you cured yourself but others will not have it so easy.
JinnyChawla

Post by JinnyChawla »

dharmacorps wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:58 pm OP, you are not correct in that everyone here is mentally healthy. there are many people on this forum with serious mental illnesses including bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and delusional disorders. Suggesting people can "cure" themselves of these things is questionable advice at best, and sounds like you are selling something (which you are, your book costs money).

To practice dhamma, one needs a healthy sense of self first. Some, including those who are mentally ill, don't have one. They need to establish a healthy sense of self to practice. This could include seeing a psychiatrist, therapist, among other modalities. Its good you cured yourself but others will not have it so easy.
I am not selling the book for money. Where ever I share I give a free download link aswell. 99 cents is the minimum you must set price in order to sell book on Amazon. I couldn"t set it to 0.

I'm sorry if I wrote anything wrong (in this thread and in the book.)
Last edited by JinnyChawla on Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:17 pm
Aloka wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:38 am I don't have time to read a PDF, nor am I depressed! Please could you explain what connection your book (and video) have with "the Dhamma of Theravāda Buddhism" ? (see forum banner above).

Why you are not depressed? Can u tell me the meditation u do frequently?
People do not meditate because they are depressed.
Even Buddha meditate as a pleasant abiding here and now.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Topic closed at OP request.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."