risk of surface transmission of covid is low

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
salayatananirodha

risk of surface transmission of covid is low

Post by salayatananirodha »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html wrote:Quantitative microbial risk assessment (QMRA) studies have been conducted to understand and characterize the relative risk of SARS-CoV-2 fomite transmission and evaluate the need for and effectiveness of prevention measures to reduce risk. Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection.
Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 1.32.53 AM.png
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
mario92

Re: risk of surface transmission of covid is low

Post by mario92 »

Thanks, nice information, i often open the door in my store so more fresh air can enter. And some months passed and never get the disease. I think it is also because i don't kill insects. I think people that don't get too much ill or not ill at all is because practising first precept.
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

In the quarantine hotel I stayed at, someone caught Covid from an elevator button, which had been used by an infected person a few minutes ago, so it does happen.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

If you consider how often we as people touch things every day, hour, minute, etc, 1 in 10,000 times you touch something is now that low at all. In fact, its a good argument that covid can and does spread this way frequently.
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

mario92 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:29 am Thanks, nice information, i often open the door in my store so more fresh air can enter. And some months passed and never get the disease. I think it is also because i don't kill insects. I think people that don't get too much ill or not ill at all is because practising first precept.
i appreciate this response very much. non-cruelty does cause good health and long life!!
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
pegembara

Post by pegembara »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:19 am In the quarantine hotel I stayed at, someone caught Covid from an elevator button, which had been used by an infected person a few minutes ago, so it does happen.
More likely from breathing contaminated air in the lift. Watch out in enclosed spaces like toilets, offices, pubs and restaurants, concert halls etc. Air conditioners and fans merely spread the air further out.

It is the respiratory activities that produce infectious aerosols like coughing, shouting, laughing, singing, heavy breathing.
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.