do you wash your hands after you pee?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.

no, i am male
19%
no, i am female
No votes
no, i am transgender
No votes
yes, i am male
31%
yes, i am female
No votes
yes, i am transgender
No votes
i am a troll
50%

Total votes: 16

salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

anonymous poll
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
bodom

Re: do you wash your hands after you pee?

Post by bodom »

What is the point of this poll? And why does it matter how one identifies oneself in relation to using the bathroom?

:anjali:
Liberation is the inevitable fruit of the path and is bound to blossom forth when there is steady and persistent practice. The only requirements for reaching the final goal are two: to start and to continue. If these requirements are met there is no doubt the goal will be attained. This is the Dhamma, the undeviating law.

- BB
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

bodom wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:37 pm And why does it matter how one identifies oneself in relation to using the bathroom?
I don't know the point, but the other part is easier. It is expected that more men than women will say no. Women have to use toilet paper for everything and after wiping it would make sense to want to wash those hands. Men tend to wash because someone is around to see it. I assume that transgender was included to be politically correct.
salayatananirodha

it is a question of hygiene. some think coming into contact with genitalia or urine is filthy and warrants hand washing

others do not, or they have mixed views. and i have heard reports that it varies by gender, yes
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
salayatananirodha

should probably factor in how many germs are on the soap dispenser in a public restroom and how well various people wash their hands
i have seen people barely wash their hands at all and probably just spread more germs in their attempt
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

It is good practice to wash your hand and even to wash the private part after.
Unfortunately, the bide or even the Japanese toilets do not support this.
Nobody has invented the perfect toilet as yet.
Modern toilets and paper use is an environmental disaster.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Only when I piss on my hands.

Butters said it best, “it’s probably more hygienic to wash your hands before going to the washroom.”

South Park has a whole episode on this very issue. :tongue:
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
salayatananirodha

5 people/AI voted they are a troll, or they misread the poll option
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Trust me, I understood the question. I also realize that my occasional tendency to stir the pot makes me a troll sometimes.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Depends if I pee on my hand. Usually no, I’m not an excessive hand washer and I have great aim and enough to hang on tight.
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
salayatananirodha wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:42 am 5 people/AI voted they are a troll, or they misread the poll option
Maybe they rightly discerned that this is a ridiculous topic, and any connection to the section it was posted in is so tenuous, that it will now be locked.

This section exists at Dhamma Wheel only because as it says in the description, "a fit body makes for a fit mind".

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."