i dont understand why i feel so awful

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
salayatananirodha

i dont understand why i feel so awful

Post by salayatananirodha »

i feel awful
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
Mr. Seek

Re: i dont understand why i feel so awful

Post by Mr. Seek »

Might not necessarily be your fault.
Sein

Post by Sein »

I think you could ask around if anything wrong.

If nothing, then you could try metta.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Perhaps lockdown symptoms.
A lot of bad news around us nowadays.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
may.all.bliss

Post by may.all.bliss »

old unkind karma?
bad diet/lifestyle?
poor practice?

for spiritual people stuck in the rut of city/work, sites like workaway, or helpx, may offer an alternative, people offer their homes and food or community for 3-5 hours of work.

but proper practice is the most important
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

So sorry to hear you are feeling bad. Remember to have some compassion for yourself.
sphairos

Post by sphairos »

Remember what I told you about antidepressants etc.
How good and wonderful are your days,
How true are your ways?
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

We all have days like that. Just remember, it doesn’t last.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
SDC

Post by SDC »

Whatever your frequent means of gratifying yourself is, give it a rest for a few days. The resolve will be invigorating.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
salayatananirodha wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:06 am i feel awful
Can you be any more descriptive? Is it physical? Is it shame, guilt and remorse? etc

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

Just let it be. "Feeling awful" isn't inherently bad and you don't have control anyway because you're not it. Don't get involved in too much of "I", "me" thinking.
A psychotherapy can be helpful. Maybe also medication in case there is an underlying chronic depression. Seek professional help.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
BrokenBones

Post by BrokenBones »

salayatananirodha wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:06 am i feel awful
Maybe you don't need to understand why (leave that for the psychotherapists)... try and reflect on some aspect of Dhamma that you find uplifting... generosity, forgiveness, human birth at a time of Dhamma in the world, virtue etc. etc.

Don't let it be... your mind will proliferate the problems.
salayatananirodha

dhamma is great i have just been feeling awful in body, ive had back surgery and i also have used too many drugs. giving them up again for the most part
discussing nanananda's magic of mind on facebook/zoom group chat
but yeah do old people just start randomly feeling bad or is there something i can do not to feel like that (feel ok now, we'll have to see what tomorrow brings)
going back to physical therapy for neck stiffness and hyper-mobility
get tired of arguing with my mom so often -- i got a raise at my job but im still not sure if i can afford a vehicle. she is financially dependent on me, and she having done so much for me i wont just let her suffer. so i wish to keep making merit until things get better
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/kn/iti/iti.1.001-027.than.html wrote:This was said by the Blessed One, said by the Arahant, so I have heard: "Monks, don't be afraid of acts of merit. This is another way of saying what is blissful, desirable, pleasing, endearing, charming — i.e., acts of merit. I am cognizant that, having long performed meritorious deeds, I long experienced desirable, pleasing, endearing, charming results. Having developed a mind of good will for seven years, then for seven aeons of contraction & expansion I didn't return to this world. Whenever the aeon was contracting, I went to the realm of Streaming Radiance. Whenever the aeon was expanding, I reappeared in an empty Brahma-abode. There I was the Great Brahman, the Unconquered Conqueror, All-seeing, & Wielder of Power. Then for thirty-six times I was Sakka, ruler of the gods. For many hundreds of times I was a king, a wheel-turning emperor, a righteous king of Dhamma, conqueror of the four corners of the earth, maintaining stable control over the countryside, endowed with the seven treasures[1] — to say nothing of the times I was a local king. The thought occurred to me: 'Of what action of mine is this the fruit, of what action the result, that I now have such great power & might?' Then the thought occurred to me: 'This is the fruit of my three [types of] action, the result of three types of action, that I now have such great power & might: i.e., giving, self-control, & restraint.'"

Train in acts of merit
that bring long-lasting bliss —
develop giving,
a life in tune,
a mind of good-will.
Developing these
three things
that bring about bliss,
the wise reappear
in a world of bliss
unalloyed.

Note

The seven treasures are a divine wheel, an ideal jewel, an ideal elephant, an ideal horse, an ideal wife, an ideal treasurer, an ideal counselor.
merit dory better.jpeg
https://www.facebook.com/noblebuddhadhamma
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
pegembara

Post by pegembara »

You can heal one type of pain with medicine and physical therapy, and the other with Dhamma. And a bit of good luck.
"Now, the well-instructed disciple of the noble ones, when touched with a feeling of pain, does not sorrow, grieve, or lament, does not beat his breast or become distraught. So he feels one pain: physical, but not mental. Just as if they were to shoot a man with an arrow and, right afterward, did not shoot him with another one, so that he would feel the pain of only one arrow. In the same way, when touched with a feeling of pain, the well-instructed disciple of the noble ones does not sorrow, grieve, or lament, does not beat his breast or become distraught. He feels one pain: physical, but not mental.

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.
salayatananirodha

yeah its mostly anxiety that i feel about the bodily feelings
i had some bad muscle spasms the other day
idk what medicines are good, seems like there arent good ones available or maybe i just need to not do drugs and be more balanced