diabetic neuropathy

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
salayatananirodha

diabetic neuropathy

Post by salayatananirodha »

looking for recommendations for diabetic neuropathy. my mom has it really bad in her feet. i've recommended lot of things but she doesn't like or listen. maybe there's something helpful i missed so please share.
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
pegembara

Re: diabetic neuropathy

Post by pegembara »

Nutritional supplement

Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) - For patients who are refractory to or intolerant of first-line pharmacotherapies and interested in a nutritional supplement approach, we suggest a trial of oral ALA (600 mg daily). ALA is an antioxidant with the potential to diminish oxidative stress, improve the underlying pathophysiology of neuropathy, and reduce pain.
And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech.
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:54 am looking for recommendations for diabetic neuropathy. my mom has it really bad in her feet. i've recommended lot of things but she doesn't like or listen. maybe there's something helpful i missed so please share.
Does she listen to doctors?
Buddha save me from new-agers!
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

This isn't the place to ask for advice. This is a serious disease-- speak to a neurologist.
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

Spiny Norman wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:54 am
salayatananirodha wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:54 am looking for recommendations for diabetic neuropathy. my mom has it really bad in her feet. i've recommended lot of things but she doesn't like or listen. maybe there's something helpful i missed so please share.
Does she listen to doctors?
sort of, on some things
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
asahi

Post by asahi »

If her pancreas is damaged (D1) n cannot produce insulin then it is almost impossible to treat . If (D2) diabetes , pancreas still functioning but not producing enough insulin or insulin are not effectively regulating glucose . D2 is possible to control n treat . Probably she seldom exercise n having obesity problem of ?
Constant massaging point of reflexology does help for one . But if too serious case then this is not an option .
No bashing No gossiping
JohnSo

Post by JohnSo »

Just talk to your physician for it and take the medicine prescribe by them.