donating to KNSSB

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
salayatananirodha

donating to KNSSB

Post by salayatananirodha »

has anyone tried donating to ven ñāṇananda's monastery?
i want to but i'm not sure of a good way to do it
Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 1.01.05 AM.png
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
SamD

Re: donating to KNSSB

Post by SamD »

I can DM you the current abbots mobile number if you like. His name is Ven Subhuthi and he is the one who took care of Ven. Nanananda.
salayatananirodha

i am in united states. email?
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
ssasny

Post by ssasny »

salayatananirodha

Wire transfer has a fee of fifty dollars
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

Isn't it that most householder, even if ways to go on, wouldn't try to give anything else to feel no need to leave and follow the gift ... *smile* A month longer retreating and keep Silas is also a great gift. How much is a flight there?

As just replied on other side, here a copy for thoughts:
1. Monks in this Sasana don't accept money. 2. Good Monks in this Sasana don't accept gifts as a way of reward.

It's much more of use if 'simply' put the good received into action, as this is real gratitude toward the Tripple Gems and the best possible for all.

What ever good he could take on, will stay his debt and bond toward final release, as it was of course not freely given, but with an purpose.
You may make use of this account as wished for good, it's a cast off one. Password: 12345678. As the good stuff gets usually censured here, good if being quick to find ways out.
MidGe

Post by MidGe »

For those with an issue regarding transfer fee:

I have used wise.com for making donations to K.N.S.S.B many times over the years and the money has hit their account usually within 24 hours.

Never had any issues at all and the fee is nothing like $50!

By the way, in the last couple of months the LKR rupee has fallen in value a lot and therefore the donation is worth a lot more than it was when converted from your currency to the Sri Lankan one.