"Pure Dhamma" or "Pure Adhamma"?

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Another post StormBorn made the following comments.
=====
Not necessarily. Jenny does no harm to Buddhism. She just teaches asanas and some breathing exercises to calm the mind. But, Lal, while claiming to be a sotapanna (see It is not that I have faith in Waharaka Thero. He enabled me to get to a state of unshakable faith in the Buddha, Dhamma, and Sanhga.) bold enough to disparage the Dhamma.
“Bhikkhus, the bhikkhus who explain the non-Dhamma as Dhamma, do it for the loss, injury, and misery of devas and humans. They accrue great demerit and cause the disappearance of this True Dhamma.”

- Aṅguttara Nikāya 1.130, Adhamma Sutta
“Bhikkhus, these two accuse The Buddha. Which two? One who explains what was not said or spoken by The Buddha as said or spoken by The Buddha. And he who explains what was said or spoken by The Buddha as not said or spoken by The Buddha.”

- Aṅguttara Nikāya 2.24, Abhāsita Sutta

viewtopic.php?p=488348#p488348
=======
It is not fair to make above comments without a proper investigation.
I invite you to explore the content of Pure Dhamma website and make any comments here.
So @Lal can reply to these comments.
I understand that there is some disagreement in relation to the definition in Pure Dhamma website in relation to Anicca and Anatta.
I still feel those definitions are not in accordance with the Sutta.
However, my opinion is just another opinion.
Link to Pure Dhamma website.

https://puredhamma.net/
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
StormBorn

Re: "Pure Dhamma" or "Pure Adhamma"?

Post by StormBorn »

Lal wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:53 am Important conclusion: While kasina and breath meditation (which take on “neutral” worldly objects) do not lead to agitation of the mind and actually lead to calming of the mind, they will never lead to Nibbana.
The above statement contradicts with the below suttas.
When mindfulness of breathing is developed and cultivated you can expect one of two results: enlightenment in the present life, or if there’s something left over, non-return.

- Saṃyutta Nikāya 46.66, Ānāpāna Sutta (the full Vagga here)
“When mindfulness of breathing is developed and cultivated, it fulfills the four establishings of mindfulness. When the four establishings of mindfulness are developed and cultivated, they fulfill the seven enlightenment factors. When the seven enlightenment factors are developed and cultivated, they fulfill realization and release.”

- Majjhima Nikāya 118, Ānāpānassati Sutta
“Greater in battle than the man who would conquer a thousand-thousand men, is he who would conquer just one—himself.”
Eko Care

Post by Eko Care »

StormBorn wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:28 am
Lal wrote:
The above statement contradicts with the below suttas.
Dhammanando wrote: It's just that most members who do so quickly conclude that the game isn't worth the candle.
More information on the subject is continuing here: Puredhamma.net Warning !!!
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Eko Care wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:56 pm More information on the subject is continuing here: Puredhamma.net Warning !!!
More information on the above subjects is below:
50. Let none find fault with others; let none see the omissions and commissions of others. But let one see one's own acts, done and undone.

51. Like a beautiful flower full of color but without fragrance, even so, fruitless are the fair words of one who does not practice them.

158. One should first establish oneself in what is proper; then only should one instruct others. Thus the wise man will not be reproached.

Dhammapada
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati