Dhammarata Saṅgha Discord

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
Wizard in the Forest

Dhammarata Saṅgha Discord

Post by Wizard in the Forest »

We hereby open our invitation to Dhammawheel to join we welcome all people who need a supportive Buddhist community

Hope you are all well
"One is not born a woman, but becomes one."- Simone de Beauvoir
confusedlayman

Re: Dhammarata Saṅgha Discord

Post by confusedlayman »

Wizard in the Forest wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:15 pm We hereby open our invitation to Dhammawheel to join we welcome all people who need a supportive Buddhist community

Hope you are all well
thanks i will look in to it.
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Re: Dhammarata Saṅgha Discord

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta »

Wizard in the Forest wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:15 pm We hereby open our invitation to Dhammawheel to join we welcome all people who need a supportive Buddhist community

Hope you are all well
Thanks!
Joined.
Discord is very new for me. I think it is like a chat-room.

I'm glad my first ever post on Discord also happens to be the first post in #theravada-buddhism channel:
Theravāda (/ˌtɛrəˈvɑːdə/; Pāli, lit. "School of the Elders") is the most commonly accepted name of Buddhism's oldest extant school. The school's adherents, termed Theravādins, have preserved their version of Gautama Buddha's teaching in the Pāli Canon. The Pāli Canon is the only complete Buddhist canon surviving in a classical Indian language, Pāli, which serves as the school's sacred language and lingua franca. For over a millennium, theravādins have endeavored to preserve the dhamma as recorded in their school's texts. In contrast to Mahāyāna and Vajrayāna, Theravāda tends to be conservative in matters of doctrine and monastic discipline. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theravada (I like that intro from wikipedia)
:heart:
𝓑𝓾𝓭𝓭𝓱𝓪 𝓗𝓪𝓭 𝓤𝓷𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓿𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽
  • Iᴅᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ Sᴏᴜʟ ɪs Oᴜᴛᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ Uᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ Fᴏᴏʟɪsʜ Vɪᴇᴡ
    V. Nanananda

𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓽ā 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘𝓼
  • Nᴏ sᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀs ᴀ Sᴇʟғ, Sᴏᴜʟ, Eɢᴏ, Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ, ᴏʀ Āᴛᴍᴀɴ
    V. Buddhādasa