Does China attempt to spread Mahayana Buddhism in Sri Lanka?

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

I have seen a few Youtube videos, that China is attempting to use Buddhism as the back door for their political gain. Considering the fact they persecute Tibetan Buddhism, this seems highly suspicious of their motives.
Many Sri Lankans do not know the difference between Theravada and Mahayana teaching.

“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
confusedlayman

Re: Does China attempt to spread Mahayana Buddhism in Sri Lanka?

Post by confusedlayman »

SarathW wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:58 am Does China attempt to spread Mahayana Buddhism in Sri Lanka?

I have seen a few Youtube videos, that China is attempting to use Buddhism as the back door for their political gain. Considering the fact they persecute Tibetan Buddhism, this seems highly suspicious of their motives.
Many Sri Lankans do not know the difference between Theravada and Mahayana teaching.

china is headed for self destruction in terms of economy and political stability...

by the way nothing will happen to srilanka due to election based politics.. there will always be opposition party and journalist who raise international attention to Chinese bully
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...