Adolf Hitler

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
Kusala

Re: Adolf Hitler

Post by Kusala »

Pondera wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:05 am My understanding of this subject is very rudimentary. So I may be referring to “my understanding” repeatedly. I trust that there are members here with sophisticated knowledge of the subject.

Adolf Hitler took acquisition of many Buddhist concepts. In fact, Mr. Nietzsche had a few opinions on Buddhism as well. He once stated, to my recollection, that the shadow cast on the cave by the Buddha must be surpassed.

Hitler acquired the “Aryan” race concept. The reality of the invasion of Northern people into the India sub-continent is documented history. But Hitler turned it into a full blown “white, blue eyed” conquest. How much of this is true? And how much is propaganda?

Hitler acquired the swastika- a symbol of change - and turned it into a symbol of continental conquest. He also subsumed the word “Ariyan” - which he wanted to mean the noble races of the north of Europe.

In fact, this term, “Ariyan” means simply “noble” in Arabic languages. So, I ask (those who are further advanced on the topic) ... what did Hitler acquire which was untrue? How did he use Buddhist culture to bolster the propaganda of his war machine?

Looking forward to your responses.

Pondera
This article may be of interest... "Nomadic herders left a strong genetic mark on Europeans and Asians"

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/06 ... and-asians

"...Nomadic herders from the steppes of today's Russia and Ukraine brought their culture and, possibly, languages with them—and made a relatively recent and lasting imprint on the genetic makeup of Europeans and Asians..."

"...In the studies, published online today in Nature, two rival teams of geneticists analyzed the DNA from 170 individuals who lived at key archaeological sites in Europe and Asia 5000 to 3000 years ago. Both teams found strong evidence that a wave of nomadic herders known as the Yamnaya from the Pontic-Caspian, a vast steppeland stretching from the northern shores of the Black Sea and as far east as the Caspian Sea, swept into Europe sometime between 5000 and 4800 years ago; along the way, they may have brought with them Proto-Indo-European, the mysterious ancestral tongue from which all of today’s 400 Indo-European languages spring..."

"...But in a new twist, one of the studies also found that the Yamnaya headed east from their homeland in the Eurasian steppelands, moving all the way to the Altai Mountains of Siberia, where they replaced local hunter-gatherers. This means that this distinctive culture of pastoralists, who had ox-driven wagons with wheels and whose warriors rode horses, dominated much of Eurasia, from north-central Europe to central Siberia and northern Mongolia..."

"...This eastern branch of the Yamnaya (or Afanasievo) persisted in central Asia and, perhaps, Mongolia and China until they themselves were replaced by fierce warriors in chariots called the Sintashta (also known as the Andronovo culture). These people from the Urals and Caucuses, who were genetically related to central Europeans, persisted in central Asia until 2000 years ago, which means that people in central Asia were actually more like Europeans than living Asians. It wasn’t until relatively recently—just 2000 years ago—that these “Caucasians” were replaced by immigrants from eastern Asia, such as the Karasuk, Mezhovskaya, and other Iron Age cultures that today make up the ancestry of people in central Asia...."

And here's another interesting piece.... "Kingdom of Mitanni aristocracy shows Indo-Aryan roots"

https://cof.quantumfuturegroup.org/events/5396
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte »

Kusala wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:48 pm
Pondera wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:05 am My understanding of this subject is very rudimentary. So I may be referring to “my understanding” repeatedly. I trust that there are members here with sophisticated knowledge of the subject.

Adolf Hitler took acquisition of many Buddhist concepts. In fact, Mr. Nietzsche had a few opinions on Buddhism as well. He once stated, to my recollection, that the shadow cast on the cave by the Buddha must be surpassed.

Hitler acquired the “Aryan” race concept. The reality of the invasion of Northern people into the India sub-continent is documented history. But Hitler turned it into a full blown “white, blue eyed” conquest. How much of this is true? And how much is propaganda?

Hitler acquired the swastika- a symbol of change - and turned it into a symbol of continental conquest. He also subsumed the word “Ariyan” - which he wanted to mean the noble races of the north of Europe.

In fact, this term, “Ariyan” means simply “noble” in Arabic languages. So, I ask (those who are further advanced on the topic) ... what did Hitler acquire which was untrue? How did he use Buddhist culture to bolster the propaganda of his war machine?

Pondera
This article may be of interest... "Nomadic herders left a strong genetic mark on Europeans and Asians".......
There are not Buddhist concepts. They were not "acquired' from Buddhism by Nazis nor was Hitler influenced by Buddhism.
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

HITLER - BUDDHA - KRISHNA
An unholy alliance from the Third Reich until the present day

http://www.trimondi.de/H-B-K/inhalt.hi.en.htm

"Even before the outbreak of war attempts were made by a number of the above-mentioned Nazi ideologues to identify Hitler as the latest link in an Indo-Aryan chain of divine kings and philosophers. Indian religion founders such as the “Buddha” and Indian hero divinities like “Krishna” were proclaimed pioneers and heralds of the dictator. This apotheosis reached its climax in the work of the Chilean diplomat Miguel Serrano, who revered Hitler as the 10th avatar of the god Krishna/Vishnu. For Serrano the German dictator is immortal and will reappear as “avenger” to bestow global supremacy on the Aryan race in an apocalyptic war to end all wars."
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

DooDoot wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:53 am us Phoenicians
Are you Lebanese? I'd always assumed you would be from Oregon. Funny what assumptions do to us.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Coëmgenu wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:08 am Are you Lebanese? I'd always assumed you would be from Oregon. Funny what assumptions do to us.
Since there are 3 x more people of Lebanese origin living outside of Lebanon than in Lebanon, I could certainly be from Oregon.
Total population
4 million
(Lebanon)
8–14 million
(Lebanese diaspora)

Brazil 6,000,000 - 7,000,000
Lebanon 4,130,000
Argentina 1,500,000
Colombia 700,000
United States 504,000
Mexico 400,000
Venezuela 340,000
Canada 250,000
France 225,000
Australia 203,139
Dominican Republic 80,000
United Arab Emirates 80,000
Uruguay 70,000
Germany 50,000
Senegal 30,000
Sierra Leone 33,000-40,000
El Salvador 27,000
South Africa 20,000
Cyprus 20,000
Spain 11,820
United Kingdom 10,459
Israel 7,000
Liberia 4,000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_people
Lebanon /ˈlɛbənən/ is a city in Linn County, Oregon, United States. Lebanon is located in northwest Oregon, southeast of Salem. The population was 15,518 at the 2010 census.
Best Lebanese Food near Oregon City, OR 97045

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=L ... C+OR+97045
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

:focus:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
TRobinson465

Post by TRobinson465 »

Other than the swastika (which is more of just an Indian symbol) Im not aware of anything Buddhist-y that Hitler adopted. In a biography I saw of him he was more into occult stuff. I suppose its possible he did but even if he did, who cares? the guy was a lunatic. people can take anything and twist it to even the craziest world views. Buddhist, christian or even secular. Jonestown was inspired by a secular idea like Marxism. and even then when they were drinking the kool aid Jones was talking about reincarnation or some stuff like that.
"Do not have blind faith, but also no blind criticism" - the 14th Dalai Lama

"The Blessed One has set in motion the unexcelled Wheel of Dhamma that cannot be stopped by brahmins, devas, Maras, Brahmas or anyone in the cosmos." -Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta
Garrib

Post by Garrib »

SDC wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:31 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm But my overall stance is "Why go there?".
Because when people sink into the depths of boredom and meaninglessness they always find solace in antagonism. It is one of those rare acts that can truly reflect back to you that you actually exist (anyone see Joker yet). In the case of Ruhe (and most people who relish in antagonism), it is clear that his commitment is nothing but an endless framework of consistent reciprocation, i.e. constant action, constant stimulation. In other words, being antagonistic - even to oneself - yields the most feedback and combats boredom far more effectively than being virtuous and compassionate, which would silence the landscape; leaving an opportunity to see the depths of suffering.

The direction explored by Ruhe and others who would couple their deviant inclinations to the Dhamma is nothing but a sign of a failure to have the Dhamma pay any dividends. When you tap out, but still love the idea of what the Dhamma is, you couple it to whatever delights you. We've seen it from all sorts of unsavory characters and this is no different.
:thumbsup:
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

Pondera
science vs ideology...nearly half hour, but I'll just highlight the part that I find interesting...feel free to listen to the whole video...very interesting stuff.. :anjali:

10:46-17:05...

48vows

Post by 48vows »

In fact, this term, “Ariyan” means simply “noble” in Arabic languages.
No one is going to correct this ?

It is an Iranian word - that is why they are cognates.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Ariyan means indian race but it refers to other meaning too
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
coconut

Post by coconut »

Hitler didn't come up with anything, he stole all his concepts and ideas from a catholic priest, and then banned that priests organization so he could steal credit.

This is the guy that came up with everything https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%B6 ... Liebenfels

Liebfels was the first person to pair the swastika with a "master race" theory and was anti-semetic. You can read this article about him https://medium.com/history-of-yesterday ... 3e965e40fe

Hitler basically plagiarized his ideas, and then banned him. Hitler was just a coke addict goon who was hungry for power.
Last edited by coconut on Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

confusedlayman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:13 am Ariyan means indian race but it refers to other meaning too
According to geneticist, David Reich, Indians are basically made up of 2 groups: Ancestral North Indians and Ancestral South Indians, or ANI and ASI. ' "These two groups were, as Reich explains in his new book, “as different from each other as Europeans and East Asians are today.” '

https://qz.com/india/1243436/aryan-migr ... t-indians/

Ancestral North Indians are related people from Central Asia, the Middle East, the Caucasus, and Europe; Ancestral South Indians are related to the indigenous population...

48vows

Post by 48vows »

DooDoot wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:09 am most Westerners believe Buddhism is the same as Judaism, i.e., communism or equality.
Sadly this is true. But it's beacsue they were raised like that and then they just add a little bit of "buddhism" to the mix.

The Western political doctrine closest to political Buddhism appears to be "fascism", i.e., recognition of "interconnectedness" (of the six-directions of society, per DN 31).
This part I think I disagree with.

Fascism generally has alot of emphasis on nationalism and the military. I'm not sure that buddha would be on board with all that so much.

I think that the aristocracy (with the best being defined as the wise) would fit better. How many time do we see the buddha discuss 'listening to the wise' 'praising those worth of praise', etc
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

48vows wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:27 pm Fascism generally has alot of emphasis on nationalism and the military. I'm not sure that buddha would be on board with all that so much.
Every worldly system has military therefore this consideration is irrelevant. As for nationalism, DN 16 has the teaching about the welfare of the nation. Fascism appears the closest political system to dhammic politics. Hard for may caught up in colloquial usage of language to accept when they confuse the imperialism of Nazi Germany with fascism. This video has a good explanation.
The Italian term fascismo is derived from fascio meaning "a bundle of sticks", ultimately from the Latin word fasces.This was the name given to political organizations in Italy known as fasci, groups similar to guilds or syndicates....
The symbolism of the fasces suggested strength through unity: a single rod is easily broken, while the bundle is difficult to break. Similar symbols were developed by different fascist movements: for example, the Falange symbol is five arrows joined together by a yoke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism#Etymology
Last edited by DooDoot on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati