Pannobhasa on LGBT

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
thepea

Re: Pannobhasa on LGBT

Post by thepea »

Dhammanando wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:28 am
I doubt your late teacher would. Goenkaji knew the Vinaya rules well and required bhikkhus who took his meditation courses to observe them to the last dot and comma.
There was some concern when opening his meditation centre that it would flood with poor and desolute and desperate people that were hungry and would take advantage of the free accommodation and food.
This has never produced a problem as everyone who attends MUST do the work. Those who cannot work leave and quit.
Perhaps this was a concern in Buddha’s time and they opted to just segregate against those viewed as undesirable and who give the wrong image.
As it turns out the practice of mandatory naturally weeds out those incapable of doing the work.
Vinaya rules like these are not required, and I still find it does not sit well to think a buddha would be concerned of this.
Seems more a financial backer who would have wrote in these rules.
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta »

Ceisiwr wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:04 pm Pannobhasa shares his views on homosexuality and trans. Thoughts?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/KxepI_8bq_w/

Thanks.

After seeing the video from the link, the Bhante and the "Nazi Guy" becomes quite enjoyable and informative.

I'm quite amazed to learn the existence of things such as the fifth "parajika", the tricycle's "gay tantra."

:heart:
𝓑𝓾𝓭𝓭𝓱𝓪 𝓗𝓪𝓭 𝓤𝓷𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓿𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽
  • Iᴅᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ Sᴏᴜʟ ɪs Oᴜᴛᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ Uᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ Fᴏᴏʟɪsʜ Vɪᴇᴡ
    V. Nanananda

𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓽ā 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘𝓼
  • Nᴏ sᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀs ᴀ Sᴇʟғ, Sᴏᴜʟ, Eɢᴏ, Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ, ᴏʀ Āᴛᴍᴀɴ
    V. Buddhādasa
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:16 am I'm quite amazed to learn the existence of things such as the fifth "parajika","
There are quite a number of things which are not called 'pārājika' in the Vinaya Piṭaka but which are classed as such in the Vinaya commentaries because they entail the same consequences: a liftime ban on receiving ordination. Buddhaghosa gives the figure of twenty-four.

Ven. Thanissaro:
Finally, the Commentary concludes its discussion of the pārājikas by noticing that there are altogether 24 — eight actual, twelve equivalent, and four derived — pārājikas for bhikkhus and bhikkhunīs.

The eight actual pārājikas are:

1-4. the four for bhikkhus (also observed by the bhikkhunīs), and
5-8. the four additional pārājikas for bhikkhunīs alone.

The twelve equivalent pārājikas include the eleven disqualified types who should not be ordained as bhikkhus in the first place. If they happen to be ordained, their ordination is invalid; once they are found out they must be expelled for life. They are —

1. a paṇḍaka (essentially, a eunuch or a person born neuter),
2. a "non-human" being, (this includes nāgas, petas, devas, and yakkhas),
3. a hermaphrodite,
4. a person who poses as a bhikkhu without having been ordained,
5. a bhikkhu who has ordained in another religion without first giving up his status as a bhikkhu,
6. a person who has murdered his father,
7. a person who has murdered his mother,
8. a person who has murdered an arahant,
9. a person who has sexually molested a bhikkhunī,
10. a person who has maliciously injured a Buddha to the point of causing him to bleed, and
11. a person who has dishonestly caused a schism in the Saṅgha, knowing or suspecting that his position was contrary to the Dhamma-Vinaya.

These eleven equivalent pārājikas apply to bhikkhunīs as well.

The twelfth equivalent pārājika, which applies only to bhikkhunīs, is the case where a bhikkhunī leaves the Bhikkhunī Saṅgha and takes up the role of a lay woman. Unlike the bhikkhus, the bhikkhunīs have no formal procedure for disrobing. If they leave the Saṅgha, they are not allowed to reordain for the rest of this lifetime.
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Dhammanando wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:33 am
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:16 am I'm quite amazed to learn the existence of things such as the fifth "parajika","
There are quite a number of things which are not called 'pārājika' in the Vinaya Piṭaka but which are classed as such in the Vinaya commentaries because they entail the same consequences: a liftime ban on receiving ordination. Buddhaghosa gives the figure of twenty-four.

Ven. Thanissaro:
Finally, the Commentary concludes its discussion of the pārājikas by noticing that there are altogether 24 — eight actual, twelve equivalent, and four derived — pārājikas for bhikkhus and bhikkhunīs.

The twelve equivalent pārājikas include the eleven disqualified types who should not be ordained as bhikkhus in the first place. If they happen to be ordained, their ordination is invalid; once they are found out they must be expelled for life. They are —

3. a hermaphrodite,
5. a bhikkhu who has ordained in another religion without first giving up his status as a bhikkhu,
10. a person who has maliciously injured a Buddha to the point of causing him to bleed, and
11. a person who has dishonestly caused a schism in the Saṅgha, knowing or suspecting that his position was contrary to the Dhamma-Vinaya.

The twelfth equivalent pārājika, which applies only to bhikkhunīs, is the case where a bhikkhunī leaves the Bhikkhunī Saṅgha and takes up the role of a lay woman. Unlike the bhikkhus, the bhikkhunīs have no formal procedure for disrobing. If they leave the Saṅgha, they are not allowed to reordain for the rest of this lifetime.

Thanks, Venerable.

I'm so glad Buddha's Dhamma have been protected by the Sangha.

:bow:
    V. Nanananda

V. Buddhādasa
thepea

Post by thepea »

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 am
Thanks, Venerable.

I'm so glad Buddha's Dhamma have been protected by the Sangha.

:bow:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:44 pm Greetings,
DooDoot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 pm How is identitarianism related to Buddhism?
Only to the extent that it should be relinquished...

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

:buddha1:

Metta,
Paul. :)
U cannot live laylife if u uproot ur identity
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
thepea

Post by thepea »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:29 pm
DooDoot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 pm How is identitarianism related to Buddhism?

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

Metta,
Why not?
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:30 pm

Metta,
Why not?
Who eats?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:16 am he tricycle's "gay tantra."
Oh, please tell me more. I'm not going to watch the Nazi monk's video, so I am at your mercy.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
thepea

Post by thepea »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:22 pm
thepea wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:30 pm
Why not?
Who eats?
So the buddha didn’t eat?
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Coëmgenu wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:07 am
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:16 am he tricycle's "gay tantra."
Oh, please tell me more. I'm not going to watch the Nazi monk's video, so I am at your mercy.

Hello,

Actually, until seeing this OP, I too can't stand watching a Buddhist monk relating to a guy with Hitler moustache. However, on seeing the video, I enjoyed it, and they both made me laugh, and think. By the way, the video has some how made me understand the venerable's way of writings to some extent.

That said, here is some info on tricycle's gay tantra:
  • For example, when the Buddhist review Tricycle published an interview with Jeffrey Hopkins on gay tantric sex, it turned out to be one of the most controversial pieces it had ever run, and the editors received more than fifty antigay letters from its presumably Buddhist readers.

https://books.google.com.mm/books?id=aX ... 22&f=false
    The New Buddhism: The Western Transformation of an Ancient Tradition by James William Coleman

The tricycle article:
  • ...physical act of sex as being an opportunity to work in a meditative way with the mind of clear light... :cry:
  • "because it shows that profound realization can be attained right in the midst of sex" :jawdrop:
  • by the author of ... Sex, Orgasm, and the Mind of Clear Light: The Sixty-four Arts :thinking: of Gay Male Love

V. Nanananda

V. Buddhādasa
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Coëmgenu wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:07 am Oh, please tell me more. I'm not going to watch the Nazi monk's video, so I am at your mercy.
Buddhism teaches boundless metta.
When he sees that these five hindrances have been abandoned within himself, gladness arises. When he is gladdened, rapture arises. When his mind is filled with rapture, his body becomes tranquil; tranquil in body, he experiences happiness; being happy, his mind becomes concentrated.

‘And he lets his mind pervade one quarter of the world with thoughts of Love , and so the second, and so the third, and so the fourth. And thus the whole wide world, above, below, around, and everywhere, does he continue to pervade with heart of Love, far-reaching, grown great, and beyond measure.

‘Just, Vāseṭṭha, as a mighty trumpeter makes himself heard—and that without difficulty—in all the four directions; even so of all things that have shape or life, there is not one that he passes by or leaves aside, but regards them all with mind set free, and deep-felt love.

DN 13
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

Coëmgenu wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:07 am Oh, please tell me more. I'm not going to watch the Nazi monk's video, so I am at your mercy.
The video is quite plain in discussing LGBT from a Buddhist context. Nothing controversial in most of it. Later on, the monk's statements are quite obviously within the sphere of Buddhism when he dismisses Cultural Marxism as related to Buddhism.

However, at the end, they both appear to remained deluded Nazis or White Supremacists in equating culture with race. Pannobhasa at the end refers to "Western culture" as something (he imagines) that once existed, which is a race based non-sense. There was never such thing as "Western Culture" or "white western culture". What was Western culture was either "fascist Roman culture" or "Christian culture" or "Greek fantasies of democratic culture" or "British colonial culture", etc. Pannobhasa appears big on colonialism. Unlike Brian, Pannobhasa is more of a Neo-Con Elitist; where as Brian as more a simple moralist stuck on the Nazi "white traditional family values" vs Cultural Marxism.

"Culture" is similar to the word "dhamma". "Dhamma" or "culture" is a system of values that becomes a social system of values. Therefore, white & black people can share the same culture where as white people can have a different culture.

The different religions represent different cultures. This is why Buddhism, for example, is very different to Judaism.

Kind regards :smile:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Gwi II

Post by Gwi II »

Dhammanando wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:33 am

Ven. Thanissaro:

3. a hermaphrodite,

Paṇḍaka = (translation) sexual abnormality (not paraphilia).
Translation by: Gwi (100% correct).

Those who have a VASECTOMY (ALSO) CANNOT
BE ORDAINED (the third type of paṇḍaka). Vinayo is
very important, so don't violate the Vinayo rules

DEFINITION OF EMASCULATED:
ALREADY INFERTILE (not due to
disease/impotence)

So, LGBTQ = cannot be ordained (can only be a layman).
Last edited by Gwi II on Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwi: "There are only-two Sakaṽādins:
Theraṽādå&Ṽibhajjaṽādå, the rest are
nonsakaṽādins!"