Why doesn't a human be united as a global citizen?

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.

Why doesn't a human be united as a global citizen?

1) Sex discrimination
No votes
2) Color discrimination
No votes
3) Religious discrimination
No votes
4) Wealth discrimination
25%
5) Cast discrimination
No votes
6) Ethnic discrimination
13%
7) Border discrimination
No votes
8) Education or knowledge discrimination, ignorance
38%
9) Political ideology
25%
10) Resource disparity/technology other
No votes

Total votes: 8

beanyan

Re: Why doesn't a human be united as a global citizen?

Post by beanyan »

DooDoot wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:09 am
beanyan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:45 am fruitopian nonsense
Its sometimes called 'monotheism'.
Isaiah 14:26
This is the plan determined for the whole world; this is the hand stretched out over all nations.
For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?
Isaiah 66:20
And they will bring all your people, from all the nations, to my holy mountain in Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord—on horses, in chariots and wagons, and on mules and camels,” says the Lord.
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Islam contains teachings that clearly argue against the most important elements of nationalism.

https://renovatio.zaytuna.edu/article/w ... sm-collide
It could just as well be atheism. Any group trying to create a one world government is a problem. One size fits all doesn't fit all.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

beanyan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 am
beanyan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:45 am fruitopian nonsense
Isaiah 14:26
This is the plan determined for the whole world; this is the hand stretched out over all nations.
For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?
Isaiah 66:20
And they will bring all your people, from all the nations, to my holy mountain in Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord—on horses, in chariots and wagons, and on mules and camels,” says the Lord.
Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Islam contains teachings that clearly argue against the most important elements of nationalism.

https://renovatio.zaytuna.edu/article/w ... sm-collide
It could just as well be atheism. Any group trying to create a one world government is a problem. One size fits all doesn't fit all.
I think if you look at Canada 🇨🇦 As an example you will see that a “global citizen” is not so much about the range of its government, but rather the fact that humans need not be divided by race or religion (unless your religion dictates that everyone must believe in your religion with a punishment, otherwise, of death).

But a world wide government will never happen. Cultures and ethnicities around the world all have limited resources depending on the land they occupy. These countries are not likely to share such resources for free. Thus - war.
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
beanyan

Post by beanyan »

Pondera wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:33 am

I think if you look at Canada 🇨🇦 As an example you will see that a “global citizen” is not so much about the range of its government, but rather the fact that humans need not be divided by race or religion (unless your religion dictates that everyone must believe in your religion with a punishment, otherwise, of death).

But a world wide government will never happen. Cultures and ethnicities around the world all have limited resources depending on the land they occupy. These countries are not likely to share such resources for free. Thus - war.
Global citizen is stealing tax money from nations with suckers for leaders, funnelling it through wasteful United Nations projects like the WHO who is responsible for hiding and covering for China in the coronavirus thing, and probably had a hand in funding the lab that developed corona virus as globalist NGOs like the Gates Foundation also did, and globalist oriented national health institutions like the NIH. All these wonderful "citizens of the world" were so kind that they funded "gain of function" research in China into how to make coronaviruses stronger and more communicable. "Citizen of the world" is nepharious action hidden behind the lie of caring for everyone, when really its funding evil stuff like the creation of new viruses, but hiding it from the countries whose tax money is being stolen to fund it by using labs on the other side of the globe. Coronavirus has exposed the evil that "citizens of the world" are up to.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

beanyan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:38 am

Global citizen is stealing tax money from nations with suckers for leaders, funnelling it through wasteful United Nations projects like the WHO who is responsible for hiding and covering for China in the coronavirus thing, and probably had a hand in funding the lab that developed corona virus as globalist NGOs like the Gates Foundation also did, and globalist oriented national health institutions like the NIH. All these wonderful "citizens of the world" were so kind that they funded "gain of function" research in China into how to make coronaviruses stronger and more communicable. "Citizen of the world" is nepharious action hidden behind the lie of caring for everyone, when really its funding evil stuff like the creation of new viruses, but hiding it from the countries whose tax money is being stolen to fund it by using labs on the other side of the globe. Coronavirus has exposed the evil that "citizens of the world" are up to.
These “citizens” you refer to appear already corrupt, and motivated by greed and evil.

I think that if you take Canada 🇨🇦 as an example, you’ll find that multiculturalism on a large scale for the average person with average motivations is a good thing for everyone. You seem adverse to cooperation among different ethnicities. When this virus is showing exactly how the world is combining its collective efforts to deal with it (aside from conspiracy theories that it was created in a Chinese laboratory).
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
beanyan

Post by beanyan »

Pondera wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 am

These “citizens” you refer to appear already corrupt, and motivated by greed and evil.

I think that if you take Canada 🇨🇦 as an example, you’ll find that multiculturalism on a large scale for the average person with average motivations is a good thing for everyone. You seem adverse to cooperation among different ethnicities. When this virus is showing exactly how the world is combining its collective efforts to deal with it (aside from conspiracy theories that it was created in a Chinese laboratory).
I am not even talking about ethnicities. You must be racist since you want to make everything about race. I am talking locations. As I said all politics in better handled locally. And one problem with global citizens is they engage in conspiracies against humanity and then claim that's only a theory even after its well known to everyone but those with their head in the sand. Anyone still claiming the virus is natural is oblivious.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

beanyan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 am

I am not even talking about ethnicities. You must be racist since you want to make everything about race. I am talking locations. As I said all politics in better handled locally. And one problem with global citizens is they engage in conspiracies against humanity and then claim that's only a theory even after its well known to everyone but those with their head in the sand. Anyone still claiming the virus is natural is oblivious.
Zootic viruses are as old as the Bubonic Plague. Who genetically engineered that virus which killed a third of the world’s population at the time?

Everyone on this Earth is experiencing this pandemic for the very first time. If you want to muddle your mind and be paranoid about its origins, that’s up to you.

Consider that the Wuhan market is a black market trade dealing in endangered animals like the pangolin - which was shown to carry 95% of the novel Coronavirus RNA in it.

The predominant theory that CoVid-19 was carried by bats, transferred, to pangolins and then to humans is a tale as old as time.

The only people you should be paranoid about are the excessively rich Asian men and women who set a demand for the capture, sale, and purchase of these rare animals.

Again. Zootic viral transfer is real. And that’s how it went down.

It happens on a yearly basis to dairy farmers. They catch something a cow had. It happened with HIV. It happened with SARS, MERS, H1N1, and Ebola.

I think an education in Biology would put your mind at peace. Not a racially motivated witch burning campaign against the Chinese led by Donald Trump!
beanyan

Post by beanyan »

Pondera wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:59 am
beanyan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 am

Zootic viruses are as old as the Bubonic Plague. Who genetically engineered that virus which killed a third of the world’s population at the time?

Everyone on this Earth is experiencing this pandemic for the very first time. If you want to muddle your mind and be paranoid about its origins, that’s up to you.

Consider that the Wuhan market is a black market trade dealing in endangered animals like the pangolin - which was shown to carry 95% of the novel Coronavirus RNA in it.

The predominant theory that CoVid-19 was carried by bats, transferred, to pangolins and then to humans is a tale as old as time.

The only people you should be paranoid about are the excessively rich Asian men and women who set a demand for the capture, sale, and purchase of these rare animals.

Again. Zootic viral transfer is real. And that’s how it went down.

It happens on a yearly basis to dairy farmers. They catch something a cow had. It happened with HIV. It happened with SARS, MERS, H1N1, and Ebola.

I think an education in Biology would put your mind at peace. Not a racially motivated witch burning campaign against the Chinese led by Donald Trump!
This is why I will not let globalists prevail. We will have borders and nations. Hopefully Bill Gates vaccine kills the dumb globalists who take it. We certainly need a respite from these idiots. I am ready to fight too. Forget pacifism. You come to stick a needle in my arm, you will wish you had put a bullet in your head instead.
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Last I heard; Oxford was ahead of the pack in the race for a vaccine. Not Bill Gates. But anyway. There’s no need for us to fight. Have a good night.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Pondera wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:06 am Last I heard; Oxford was ahead of the pack in the race for a vaccine. Not Bill Gates. But anyway. There’s no need for us to fight. Have a good night.
Agree.
Even a few of us can't agree let alone the whole world.
Because this is a Buddhist forum can we investigate this in terms of the world turning monarch?
Is it possible we will ever see a world turning monarch?

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
binocular

Post by binocular »

SarathW wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:27 amWhy doesn't a human be united as a global citizen?
Because it would be a logistical nigthmare, for one.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/logistical_nightmare
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

The OP started two identical threads. Since replies had been posted to both of them I merged the threads rather than deleting one of them. The unforeseen effect of this merger was to erase all the votes that had been cast up to that point. So, if you wish your vote to "count" (whatever that might mean here) then please click again on your preferred option.

Members wishing to have a political rather than Dhamma-related discussion of the OP's question are invited to do so on Dhamma Wheel Engaged
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

When I was younger I liked the idea of one world government, kumbaya and all that. Gradually I realized this won't work. It's not just the tribalism of people, but if there were one world government, what if the leaders were authoritarian, totalitarians? The Founding Fathers of the U.S. set up a federalist system with states rights, so that the states could learn from each other, what works, what doesn't work. They could compete so to speak, and then change their policies to what works. And then there would be less chance of being ruled by a dictatorship when there are other competing, better systems in place. And you could "vote" with your feet as the saying goes by moving to a state that has policies that you like.

I still like the idea of one world language though. That would unite people better and it might as well be English, since that is the most widely spread and most used language throughout the world.
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

So what is a "global citizen?" I just assumed it meant someone who respects the whole world. I thought it had something to do with not polluting. Is a global citizen a citizen of a one-government world?
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
Neo

Post by Neo »

SarathW wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:27 am Why doesn't a human be united as a global citizen?
how can we make the world a better place for everyone?
1. Ultimately it's ignorance but for starting point it greed of various kinds. Greed for wealth, greed for fame, greed for followers, greed for authority, greed for status, greed greed.

2. Only by making self a better version and staying together of like minded if they have no greed among and towards each other and no tendency to compete for and in terms of worldly things. :toast: