Monastics protesting social injustice

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
floatsy1

Re: Monastics protesting social injustice

Post by floatsy1 »

Sam Vara wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 am
binocular wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:15 am One thing I've learned among Buddhists is that expecting anything from Buddhists, esp. from monks, is too much. Even just expecting common decency or common courtesy is too much.
There's an open invitation to meet whichever monk (Ahimsako or Sucitto, normally) hosts the online Cittaviveka lay forum. A talk followed by Q&A. I'm pretty sure you will receive uncommon decency and uncommon courtesy. The time difference between Slovenia and the UK can't be too different. Sunday afternoons. Let me know and I'll arrange the Zoom password for you.
Hello Sam

Can you please share the details with me please? I would love to attend any and all lay person forums :thumbsup:
Sam Vara

Post by Sam Vara »

floatsy1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:56 am
Sam Vara wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 am
binocular wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:15 am One thing I've learned among Buddhists is that expecting anything from Buddhists, esp. from monks, is too much. Even just expecting common decency or common courtesy is too much.
There's an open invitation to meet whichever monk (Ahimsako or Sucitto, normally) hosts the online Cittaviveka lay forum. A talk followed by Q&A. I'm pretty sure you will receive uncommon decency and uncommon courtesy. The time difference between Slovenia and the UK can't be too different. Sunday afternoons. Let me know and I'll arrange the Zoom password for you.
Hello Sam

Can you please share the details with me please? I would love to attend any and all lay person forums :thumbsup:
Please see the PM which I have just sent you. :anjali: :heart:
floatsy1

Post by floatsy1 »

Thank you again, so much, Sam Vara! Anjali. :anjali: