Booster dose

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
bhante dhamma

Re: Booster dose

Post by bhante dhamma »

I got my first vaccine shot about four months ago, can't remember the name it's the one that doesn't require low temperatures for storage. Got the second one a few days ago thinking it was needed for traveling, but it turned out otherwise. When I got the shot I already had symptoms of flu, sore throat, blocked syneses etc. Now they have somewhat ababted but have alot of aches and pains, not sure what to do, any suggestions guys? Thnks in advance.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 am
thepea wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:41 pm
The information given regarding boosters and vaccinations is not my wisdom, it’s belief and quite frankly I don’t be”lie”f them as they lie to often and I’ve also witnessed their lies first hand having been arrested and incarcerated and tortured for travelling from one province to another in the former corporation of Canada. I’ve seen the media lie, I’ve seen the lawyers and court judge lie.
I’m not falling for their booster plan or their microchip plan or any of it.
I think you are right in an important sense. I don't trust governments and profit-making companies implicitly, because I know they sometimes tell untruths to further their own interests. But sometimes they certainly appear to tell the truth.

Having understood that, I don't then swing to the other extreme and believe stuff on the internet about microchips and conspiracies and illnesses being the purging of past traumas. These things seem to involve exactly the same kinds of unwarranted inferences about reality that you seem to be complaining about. I've not seen a microchip in this context, nor have I seen anyone conspiring, nor does an illness show any evidence of the trauma being purged, so I remain sceptical about your claims. So far, my scepticism towards such things and my cautious trust in science and the majority opinion seems to have served me well. I've had my two jabs and my booster. Apart from minor expected symptoms of soreness and tiredness, I've been well and I've not had Covid. That seems to be the pattern for everyone I know.

So when can I expect any bad result from taking the booster? When will shot-in-your-armageddon be revealed?
I have not taken the vaccine, and I do not wear the mask.
I have been segregated from society.
Do you support segregation?
Does the dhamma support segregation?
Just this morning I went to get a part for my snowmobile and walked into the store and observed all behind counter staff see me come in and pull their masks up over their faces. They were all behind the counter.
Then manager chased me out because I told him I do not wear the things because they are foolish.
I am now served outside, but they still accept my cash money which could have the deadly virus all over it.
This is my truth my wisdom and it’s hurtful just as the blacks and jews were treated. My heart tells me they are wrong to be doing this, I trust my heart and my wisdom of accumulated experience.
Shopowner was afraid of getting a ticket not Covid.
Health authority is the fear not bodily illness.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:10 am
I wouldn’t recommend informing your medical decisions based on proto-science in the suttas.
The mind creates and the body purges. This is buddhas teachings. Stop creating mental defilements and just allow past trauma to release. This is the practice.
annada

Post by annada »

cfekete wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:49 am We should concentrate on what the Buddha thaught about this topic and search for answers in the suttas.

One sutta, which I found, lists the possible causes of illnesses as such:

"This body has many pains, many drawbacks. In this body many kinds of disease arise, such as: seeing-diseases, hearing-diseases, nose-diseases, tongue-diseases, body-diseases, head-diseases, ear-diseases, mouth-diseases, teeth-diseases, cough, asthma, catarrh, fever, aging, stomach-ache, fainting, dysentery, grippe, cholera, leprosy, boils, ringworm, tuberculosis, epilepsy, skin-disease, itch, scab, psoriasis, scabies, jaundice, diabetes, hemorrhoids, fistulas, ulcers; diseases arising from bile, from phlegm, from the wind-property, from combinations of bodily humors, from changes in the weather, from uneven care of the body, from attacks, from the result of kamma; cold, heat, hunger, thirst, defecation, urination."
Girimānanda Sutta

According to the Buddha these 14 are the reasons of illnesses:
"
diseases arising from:
- bile,
- from phlegm,
- from the wind-property,
- from combinations of bodily humors,
- from changes in the weather,
- from uneven care of the body,
- from attacks,
- from the result of kamma;
- cold, heat,
- hunger, thirst,
- defecation, urination
"

So we should consider the boost in this context or we should take other illness related suttas and reflect on the boost based on those suttas...

Do not forget, that we are on a Buddhist Theravāda forum. So we should abandon all the nonsense which mess up the topic.
I wouldn’t recommend informing your medical decisions based on proto-science in the suttas.
This is exactly the reason of my comment. The forum looks more and more like an advisement surface of the big pharma and the so called New World Order.

Instead of trusting the Buddha we trust the so called scientists. Instead of the Buddha we trust the news. Instead of the Buddha we trust Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson.

We should choose wisely who we trust and who's words and instructions do we follow.

So when we make a claim and promote that the injection of these cocktails may protect you and your environment than we should back it up from the scriptures. The scriptures contains a ton of resources about the illnesses of the body. So it should be an easy ride to present proof of these claims from the scriptures.

The Buddha had real knowledge of the things as they are. The scientists, who are worshiped by many, are, in the best case, usually, just speculating about the reality, and they state these speculations as facts and reality. And tomorrow they may come up with an other version when you face them with the facts that their revelation was plain wrong. In the worst case they do this all for money and in an even worse case they do it with the intention of deception.

So who do you choose to follow? Who found the way out of this madness and who tries to keep you inside?
Last edited by annada on Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:57 pm This is my truth my wisdom and it’s hurtful just as the blacks and jews were treated.
Comparing your experience to that of Nazi persecution or Jim Crow cheapens what the Jews and African-Americans went through. Sorry but it’s just not comparable, and you sound like an ass for doing it.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

cfekete wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:29 pm

So who do you choose to follow? Who found the way out of this madness and who tries to keep you inside?
The suttas contain proto-science, not modern science. If I want to treat a medical condition I’d take medical science over what I find in the suttas, or sutras, or the Bible or in “traditional/alternative” medicine any day because when it comes to treating my body modern science and doctors have more knowledge than the compilers of those various texts did. By knowledge that is to say, the best current theory backed by evidence. Regarding the Buddha, I don’t think he was all that interested in science or medicine at all. Rather he seems to have accepted the common wisdom at the time. In other words, the best proto-scientific theory at the time. If he were alive today I don’t doubt that he would take vaccines, since he would instead be informed by our best currently accepted theories. If he were alive today I doubt he would talk about outdated medical theories such as “humours” at all. Rather he would likely accept the germ theory etc instead.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

thepea wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:57 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 am
thepea wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:41 pm
The information given regarding boosters and vaccinations is not my wisdom, it’s belief and quite frankly I don’t be”lie”f them as they lie to often and I’ve also witnessed their lies first hand having been arrested and incarcerated and tortured for travelling from one province to another in the former corporation of Canada. I’ve seen the media lie, I’ve seen the lawyers and court judge lie.
I’m not falling for their booster plan or their microchip plan or any of it.
I think you are right in an important sense. I don't trust governments and profit-making companies implicitly, because I know they sometimes tell untruths to further their own interests. But sometimes they certainly appear to tell the truth.

Having understood that, I don't then swing to the other extreme and believe stuff on the internet about microchips and conspiracies and illnesses being the purging of past traumas. These things seem to involve exactly the same kinds of unwarranted inferences about reality that you seem to be complaining about. I've not seen a microchip in this context, nor have I seen anyone conspiring, nor does an illness show any evidence of the trauma being purged, so I remain sceptical about your claims. So far, my scepticism towards such things and my cautious trust in science and the majority opinion seems to have served me well. I've had my two jabs and my booster. Apart from minor expected symptoms of soreness and tiredness, I've been well and I've not had Covid. That seems to be the pattern for everyone I know.

So when can I expect any bad result from taking the booster? When will shot-in-your-armageddon be revealed?
I have not taken the vaccine, and I do not wear the mask.
I have been segregated from society.
Do you support segregation?
Does the dhamma support segregation?
Just this morning I went to get a part for my snowmobile and walked into the store and observed all behind counter staff see me come in and pull their masks up over their faces. They were all behind the counter.
Then manager chased me out because I told him I do not wear the things because they are foolish.
I am now served outside, but they still accept my cash money which could have the deadly virus all over it.
This is my truth my wisdom and it’s hurtful just as the blacks and jews were treated. My heart tells me they are wrong to be doing this, I trust my heart and my wisdom of accumulated experience.
Shopowner was afraid of getting a ticket not Covid.
Health authority is the fear not bodily illness.
I'm sorry to hear that you think you have been segregated. But as your post has veered into politics rather than Wellness, Diet, and Fitness, I won't pick up on the issues you raise as they would be outside the scope of this section.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

thepea wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:23 pm
The mind creates and the body purges. This is buddhas teachings. Stop creating mental defilements and just allow past trauma to release. This is the practice.
What practice is that? Where did the Buddha say that?
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

cfekete wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:29 pm
cfekete wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:49 am We should concentrate on what the Buddha thaught about this topic and search for answers in the suttas.

One sutta, which I found, lists the possible causes of illnesses as such:

"This body has many pains, many drawbacks. In this body many kinds of disease arise, such as: seeing-diseases, hearing-diseases, nose-diseases, tongue-diseases, body-diseases, head-diseases, ear-diseases, mouth-diseases, teeth-diseases, cough, asthma, catarrh, fever, aging, stomach-ache, fainting, dysentery, grippe, cholera, leprosy, boils, ringworm, tuberculosis, epilepsy, skin-disease, itch, scab, psoriasis, scabies, jaundice, diabetes, hemorrhoids, fistulas, ulcers; diseases arising from bile, from phlegm, from the wind-property, from combinations of bodily humors, from changes in the weather, from uneven care of the body, from attacks, from the result of kamma; cold, heat, hunger, thirst, defecation, urination."
Girimānanda Sutta

According to the Buddha these 14 are the reasons of illnesses:
"
diseases arising from:
- bile,
- from phlegm,
- from the wind-property,
- from combinations of bodily humors,
- from changes in the weather,
- from uneven care of the body,
- from attacks,
- from the result of kamma;
- cold, heat,
- hunger, thirst,
- defecation, urination
"

So we should consider the boost in this context or we should take other illness related suttas and reflect on the boost based on those suttas...

Do not forget, that we are on a Buddhist Theravāda forum. So we should abandon all the nonsense which mess up the topic.
This is exactly the reason of my comment. The forum looks more and more like an advisement surface of the big pharma and the so called New World Order.

Instead of trusting the Buddha we trust the so called scientists. Instead of the Buddha we trust the news. Instead of the Buddha we trust Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson.

We should choose wisely who we trust and who's words and instructions do we follow.

So when we make a claim and promote that the injection of these cocktails may protect you and your environment than we should back it up from the scriptures. The scriptures contains a ton of resources about the illnesses of the body. So it should be an easy ride to present proof of these claims from the scriptures.
If it's an "easy ride", then please go ahead. What did the Blessed One say about Coronavirus pandemics, and the use of vaccinations?
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:01 pm What did the Blessed One say about pandemics ?
Form, monks, is not self. If form were the self, this form would not lend itself to dis-ease. It would be possible to say with regard to form, 'Let this form be thus. Let this form not be thus.'

But precisely because form is not self, form lends itself to dis-ease. And it is not possible to say with regard to form, 'Let this form be thus. Let this form not be thus.'

Pañcavaggi Sutta
Coaching
I specialize in Theravada Buddhism.
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:30 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:01 pm What did the Blessed One say about Coronavirus pandemics, and the use of vaccinations?
Form, monks, is not self. If form were the self, this form would not lend itself to dis-ease. It would be possible to say with regard to form, 'Let this form be thus. Let this form not be thus.'

But precisely because form is not self, form lends itself to dis-ease. And it is not possible to say with regard to form, 'Let this form be thus. Let this form not be thus.'

Pañcavaggi Sutta
Are you saying that the Buddha advised people to take no preventative or remedial action regarding physical illness? Are we just to allow painful symptoms to take their course?
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:37 pm Are you saying that the Buddha advised people to take no preventative or remedial action regarding physical illness?
:shrug:
Coaching
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

cappuccino wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:58 pm
Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:37 pm Are you saying that the Buddha advised people to take no preventative or remedial action regarding physical illness?
:shrug:
What does the quote mean, then?
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

bhante dhamma wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:26 pm I got my first vaccine shot about four months ago, can't remember the name it's the one that doesn't require low temperatures for storage. Got the second one a few days ago thinking it was needed for traveling, but it turned out otherwise. When I got the shot I already had symptoms of flu, sore throat, blocked syneses etc. Now they have somewhat ababted but have alot of aches and pains, not sure what to do, any suggestions guys? Thnks in advance.
They usually go away within 72 hours of the shot. If not, consult your doctor.
_/|\_
cappuccino

Post by cappuccino »

Sam Vara wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:32 pm What does the quote mean, then?
that people want to control
Coaching