An attempt at a catharsis!

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Modus.Ponens

Re: An attempt at a catharsis!

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Myotai wrote:Hmmm, not quite as simple as that - and sorry for delay in getting back.

There is something that dictates or doesn't allow me to rest in a tradition or practice. Like a cat on the proverbial hot tin roof....sometimes I get a very strong feeling of being at home in a practice (yes including the aesthetic preferences too) then almost as quickly I become hugely unsettled only to go through it all again. Its pathological now!

Irritating and worthy of scorn - but powerful and inhibitive nonetheless!
It seems that you didn't even read my previous post, so it's normal that you think it's an oversimplification.
"He turns his mind away from those phenomena and, having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' " - Jhana Sutta