Meditation duration

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
zzzzzz

Re: Meditation duration

Post by zzzzzz »

justindesilva wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:52 pm
zzzzzz wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:40 pm
SteRo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:37 pm Increase duration? Just prolong it.

Maybe you are actually referring to the hindrances for right concentation? These are:
sensual desire
ill-will
sloth and drowsiness
restlessness and worry
doubt
I mean i can't continue beyond certain point.
Just get stuck there.
This is common in meditation. The best is to stop meditation, relax, breath at ease. But start once again until you feel relaxed. I have undergone this stage. When we are more relaxed we can watch our own mind and sneak through the fetters. I once read that meditation is minding your own mind.
Sir,
I just meditate twice aday... morning and evening.so no question of stop relax and start again
2600htz

Post by 2600htz »

Hi:

Well it depends on why you can´t continue after certain point.
Do you get bored? Take more interest in the object of meditation and in the investigation.
Does your body hurt?, if you are doing sitting meditation, just sit still for 30 minutes, then take a break of 3 minutes or so and sit again for 30.
But be gentle.

Regards.
zzzzzz

Post by zzzzzz »

2600htz wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 pm Hi:

Do you get bored? Take more interest in the object of meditation and in the investigation.
Does your body hurt?, if you are doing sitting meditation, just sit still for 30 minutes, then take a break of 3 minutes or so and sit again for 30.
But be gentle.

Regards.
What investigation sir??
SamD

Post by SamD »

I always find myself energized after a proper walking meditation session. Somewhere between 40 minutes to 1 hour walking meditation allows me to sit for more than my usual sitting time.
2600htz

Post by 2600htz »

zzzzzz wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:04 am
2600htz wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 pm Hi:

But be gentle.

Regards.
What investigation sir??
Hi Sir:

Investigation of the experience of meditation, and how your experience is related to the 4 noble truths.
How craving arises, how do you let go of craving, how do you enter a jhana, what is a jhana, etc.
Its not about thinking, its just paying keen attention to how states come to be.

Regards.