valuable meditation tip: My best strategy for sloth and torpor

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
frank k

valuable meditation tip: My best strategy for sloth and torpor

Post by frank k »

valuable meditation tip: My best strategy for sloth and torpor🥱 : shake and bake 🏃👨‍🍳🥧 and stay out of no man's land
https://notesonthedhamma.blogspot.com/2 ... best.html
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
Inedible

Re: valuable meditation tip: My best strategy for sloth and torpor

Post by Inedible »

This particular hindrance has caused a lot of trouble for me. I'm having trouble understanding your advice on how to deal with it.
frank k

Post by frank k »

Inedible wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:48 pm This particular hindrance has caused a lot of trouble for me. I'm having trouble understanding your advice on how to deal with it.
I'll try to clarify, but you'll have to elaborate. How is it causing trouble for you, what part of what I said doesn't make sense?
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Shake and bake involves putting pieces of meat or chicken in a bag of seasoned breading mix and shaking to coat it. It is then baked.

And no man's land refers to a place that one is not allowed to go in while playing a game. It is a very general term.

So I don't get what your advice actually was. Or were you joking?
frank k

Post by frank k »

Ok, re-reading your original response I think I know the problem.
You didn't read the article I linked, you're just asking about the article title summary, which of course doesn't make any sense without explanation.
Right underneath that title summary you're asking me about (in the first message of this thread), there's a hyperlink (click on it, it will jump to a different website) to the article which explains it.
Inedible wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:55 am Shake and bake involves putting pieces of meat or chicken in a bag of seasoned breading mix and shaking to coat it. It is then baked.

And no man's land refers to a place that one is not allowed to go in while playing a game. It is a very general term.

So I don't get what your advice actually was. Or were you joking?
shake and bake is just a name I use for an exercise I developed that's better than jogging and jump roping:
http://lucid24.org/misc/qigor/arsenal/sab/index.html
(that same link to shake and bake is in the article, but the html link may not show up in an obvious way for the emoticons)

'no mans land' : I'm using that idiom just as a catchy phrase to emphasize that's a position you don't want to be in , stuck in a fog of sleepiness when it's real easy to exercise and shake off that pain of drowsiness.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Now it is clear and makes sense. Good guess that I was going to miss the link in the article, too