Take off your spectacles

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Dan74

Re: Take off your spectacles

Post by Dan74 »

thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:01 pm
Dan74 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 am
thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:50 am

Because I only speak truth.
And no matter how you desire my message to be silenced it is powerful. When I sat down with Bill and Virginia they too experienced this truth and were forced to step aside.
Could you unpack this last one, please?
Why do you want the truth removed Dan?
This is my direct experience and is truth.
I don't ask for anything to be removed. I just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly.
_/|\_
thepea

Post by thepea »

Dan74 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:07 pm
Dan74 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 am

Could you unpack this last one, please?
I don't ask for anything to be removed. I just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly.
What does “unpack” or remove have to do with clarity?
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:16 pm
If you're after clarity, I've asked you to clarify. Who are these Bill and Virginia you sat down with? And what did they stand aside from?
_/|\_
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

If you want to make your own meditation center and raise the money to keep it open, you can make the rules. Otherwise, this just seems like a personal attack on a group that isn't here to respond. Worse, it is a temptation to respond with personal attacks against you and your attitudes. All you had to do was wear a mask. You're lucky they didn't make you stay home and use the Zoom app on your phone.
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Inedible wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:58 pm If you want to make your own meditation center and raise the money to keep it open, you can make the rules. Otherwise, this just seems like a personal attack on a group that isn't here to respond. Worse, it is a temptation to respond with personal attacks against you and your attitudes. All you had to do was wear a mask. You're lucky they didn't make you stay home and use the Zoom app on your phone.
:goodpost:

Wearing a mask really isn't a big deal. A couple of groups I was attending have been limited to zoom meetings for the last year. It's not ideal, but again it's really not a big issue. These are minor inconveniences, and not worth making a fuss about.
Buddha save me from new-agers!
thepea

Post by thepea »

Dan74 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:59 pm

If you're after clarity, I've asked you to clarify. Who are these Bill and Virginia you sat down with? And what did they stand aside from?
Head acharia at OVC and they have stepped down as requested.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Spiny Norman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:10 pm
Inedible wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:58 pm If you want to make your own meditation center and raise the money to keep it open, you can make the rules. Otherwise, this just seems like a personal attack on a group that isn't here to respond. Worse, it is a temptation to respond with personal attacks against you and your attitudes. All you had to do was wear a mask. You're lucky they didn't make you stay home and use the Zoom app on your phone.

Wearing a mask really isn't a big deal. A couple of groups I was attending have been limited to zoom meetings for the last year. It's not ideal, but again it's really not a big issue. These are minor inconveniences, and not worth making a fuss about.
Yes, wearing the slave rag is a very big deal for those who see it for what it is.
Compassion for those unable to wear the rag is required, but it does not seem present in your post.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 pm
Dan74 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:59 pm

Head acharia at OVC and they have stepped down as requested.
Thank you.
_/|\_
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:07 pm Yes, wearing the slave rag is a very big deal for those who see it for what it is.
Compassion for those unable to wear the rag is required, but it does not seem present in your post.
How can you think calling it a "slave rag" is in any way appropriate?
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

Inedible wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:24 pm
thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:07 pm Yes, wearing the slave rag is a very big deal for those who see it for what it is.
How can you think calling it a "slave rag" is in any way appropriate?
Buddha save me from new-agers!