Take off your spectacles

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
thepea

Re: Take off your spectacles

Post by thepea »

Dan74 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:05 pm
Good questions.

Simply because up until now, it was not quite clear where you were coming from with this.

Now that it is, I can only tell you this. My heart is with you. And with your wife.

Surviving something like this is not something other people can really understand. Be strong and support each other, the best way you know. Which I am sure you're doing already.

But I would be doing you a disservice, basically lying to you, if I said that what you are seeing is what you and your wife had lived through. This is a different situation and a completely different rationale for doing this. You are still seeing everything through the prism of your trauma. But... it doesn't apply.

And what's more, your kids deserve to see it for themselves and not filtered through their parents' trauma.

I wish you all the best.
I have mentioned my sexual abuse many times before on this forum. I thought you were aware of this.
It is difficult to watch my wife afraid to go out in public because of the obedience rag. Something that does or does not make any difference and if it does is so minute. But.....because this is not a health crisis but a hostile corporate takeover and a global financial reset it is imperative that a level of obedience is achieved and those who are disobedient even with legitimate medical reasons are facing persecution and discrimination at the cruelest level. Ian a god damn warrior Dan, a warrior saint.
I use my body and my mind to stand in resistance to this medical tyranny. You may believe this is real and the response is just. I’ll tell you that from someone who cannot comply this is not about health and caring. This is about control and submission.
Well f*** that my brother, they are going to have to put a bullet in my skull before I stand down.
This shit is about to get real and I’ll stand toe to toe against the devil, I have no choice, it’s a matter of duty, obligation and honour. I took vows to my wife under god and I will honour those until death does us part.
No corporate policy will prevent this.
Now get on the right side of this or get out of the way. Your support is what I require not your resistance.
thepea

Post by thepea »

BrokenBones wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:30 pm
thepea wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:27 pm
BrokenBones wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:42 pm thepea... let it go friend... find a good monk that teaches the basics... sila, generosity, right view etc. and take pleasure and joy in that... then think about doing a bit of meditation... the sort that brings happiness and helps banish the blues. The Dhamma is much too important to take it seriously (grimly)... smile 😃
Leave the 'activation of annicca' to people who don't read, listen or understand the suttas. We are human beings with a myriad of emotions, feelings, thoughts etc... not sankhara atoms to be eradicated.
Don’t tell me what to do. :sage:
I am anything but obedient.
Communicate with me politely, and I will respond accordingly.
“Let it go”
So... if you are wronged or being wronged and you register or file a lawsuit to change the way you were treated for future, should according to you that individual just “let it go” and allow abusers to carry on with no retribution?
Or.... is it our duty when we see wrong to stand on guard and challenge this with every ounce and effort?
Why do you assume I am not present and not suffering while challenging these issues?
I am a saintly person, it is my duty to rise up and stand against such foolishness. If I don’t, who will?
Consider yourself lucky that there are individuals on this planet who can and do stand on guard.
You’re welcome.
Jason
If you're talking of being 'saintly' and 'retribution' in the same breath, then I think it's time I disengaged.
Good bye! I didn’t count on you helping me anyway. Better you stay out of my way.
sunnat

Post by sunnat »

helping:

you are insane, nutty as a fruitcake (yes, a fruitcake contains nuts).

nevertheless, while there is probably noone here on this forum who can help you out of this mad loop you are stuck in, there is no doubt that the appropriate help exists, possibly involving some medication. probably there is a part of you that is aware you are nuts. Try to listen to that part.

'Decay is inherent in all component things.'

awareness of anicca is critical. When there is awareness of anicca, virtue is perfected and purification proceedes.
To become aware of anicca concentrate the mind with anapanasati. When the mind is concentrated, and thus calmed, establish, maintain, continuous equanimous awareness of the constant change, flux, flow, of the decay of all component things of the mind-body phenomenon. When that is done anicca is 'activated' (as U Ba Khin said). This is understood through direct experience (not by reading books).

'with vigilance strive to succeed'
thepea

Re:

Post by thepea »

sunnat wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:02 am helping:

you are insane, nutty as a fruitcake (yes, a fruitcake contains nuts).

nevertheless, while there is probably noone here on this forum who can help you out of this mad loop you are stuck in, there is no doubt that the appropriate help exists, possibly involving some medication. probably there is a part of you that is aware you are nuts. Try to listen to that part.

'Decay is inherent in all component things.'

awareness of anicca is critical. When there is awareness of anicca, virtue is perfected and purification proceedes.
To become aware of anicca concentrate the mind with anapanasati. When the mind is concentrated, and thus calmed, establish, maintain, continuous equanimous awareness of the constant change, flux, flow, of the decay of all component things of the mind-body phenomenon. When that is done anicca is 'activated' (as U Ba Khin said). This is understood through direct experience (not by reading books).

'with vigilance strive to succeed'
What the hell is a fruitcake.
Who are you addressing?
Are you accusing me of being homosexual?
I was sexully assaulted as a child, I’m not a fruitcake.
Wow, the compassion at this site is overflowing.
Also if you have something against homosexuals you should look at this closely, nothing wrong if someone is gay.
sunnat

Post by sunnat »

relax. 'nutty as a fruitcake' is just a saying. i could have said 'mad as a hatter', and that doesn't mean anyone suggests you make hats (hatters used to go nuts because of the long term use of mercury when shaping hats)

probably many of the people here have experienced childhood trauma. in some way all have because of birth. many have suffered serious abuse and by sticking to the path as The Buddha taught have left it behind and are happy.
thepea

Re:

Post by thepea »

sunnat wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:07 am relax. 'nutty as a fruitcake' is just a saying. i could have said 'mad as a hatter', and that doesn't mean anyone suggests you make hats (hatters used to go nuts because of the long term use of mercury when shaping hats)

probably many of the people here have experienced childhood trauma. in some way all have because of birth. many have suffered serious abuse and by sticking to the path as The Buddha taught have left it behind and are happy.
So my wife and I are lunatics?
Is this what you are saying?
Because someone else took it upon themselves to rape her and abuse me.
I thought we had left this behind and honestly were doing quite well until the world went mad.
Now because some lying assholes want my obedience(which they will never have) I have to be treated like shit everywhere I go and called a selfish asshole, and crazy by the likes of you.
Really man, give your head a shake.
What you should be doing is siding with choice, because i choose to look at evidence, and it is not my responsibility for your health or anyone else’s except for my offspring as they are not adults, and I choose not to wear the obedience rag.
And... the god damn Vipassana centres better god damn well get on board with this choice and quit forcing obedience upon their students when they politely claim exemption or I will take them down with every ounce of my ability. I will not knowingly allow these people to abuse anyone or harm anyone. I don’t cate if every centre burns to the ground.
If it hurts one person through this unlawful medical tyranny I will do everything in my power to destroy them.
Will I be successful, I do t know, but I will do it with presence of mind and equiminity as it will be the absolute right thing to do.
So if any of these assholes that are ignoring me from the Ontario Vipassana centre have any hope for the future of their centre they can reach out to me to apologize and discuss how they will from this day forward either reopen as before, or shut down until that day arrives.
Again it’s Jason, you know damn well who I am.
Bill and Virginia I’m waiting.
robertk

Post by robertk »

mod warning: any more personal attacks will result in a suspension.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

thepea wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:32 pm
Dan74 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:05 pm
Good questions.

Simply because up until now, it was not quite clear where you were coming from with this.

Now that it is, I can only tell you this. My heart is with you. And with your wife.

Surviving something like this is not something other people can really understand. Be strong and support each other, the best way you know. Which I am sure you're doing already.

But I would be doing you a disservice, basically lying to you, if I said that what you are seeing is what you and your wife had lived through. This is a different situation and a completely different rationale for doing this. You are still seeing everything through the prism of your trauma. But... it doesn't apply.

And what's more, your kids deserve to see it for themselves and not filtered through their parents' trauma.

I wish you all the best.
I have mentioned my sexual abuse many times before on this forum. I thought you were aware of this.
It is difficult to watch my wife afraid to go out in public because of the obedience rag. Something that does or does not make any difference and if it does is so minute. But.....because this is not a health crisis but a hostile corporate takeover and a global financial reset it is imperative that a level of obedience is achieved and those who are disobedient even with legitimate medical reasons are facing persecution and discrimination at the cruelest level. Ian a god damn warrior Dan, a warrior saint.
I use my body and my mind to stand in resistance to this medical tyranny. You may believe this is real and the response is just. I’ll tell you that from someone who cannot comply this is not about health and caring. This is about control and submission.
Well f*** that my brother, they are going to have to put a bullet in my skull before I stand down.
This shit is about to get real and I’ll stand toe to toe against the devil, I have no choice, it’s a matter of duty, obligation and honour. I took vows to my wife under god and I will honour those until death does us part.
No corporate policy will prevent this.
Now get on the right side of this or get out of the way. Your support is what I require not your resistance.
Jason,

sorry, I didn't know, mate.

Yes, I believe this is real and the response is as can be expected - not always best and certainly not the same everywhere, but more or less proportionate. I've had nearly a dozen students get sick with COVID, all young and healthy people. One is still struggling with the after effects. We know of people who died. Hospitals here were at breaking point in late November/early December.

I understand that you and your wife experience this as an imposition and tyranny. I feel for you and my sense is that you are a kind decent guy and believe yourself to be in the right. But to me it's as clear as that light follows day, that it's your trauma talking, rather than reason and evidence.

I am thousands of miles away from you and have no dogs in this fight. I am just sorry for the suffering you and your family are experiencing and wish you all the best.

May you be awakened and freed from your burden.
_/|\_
thepea

Post by thepea »

Dan74 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:28 pm
Jason,

sorry, I didn't know, mate.

Yes, I believe this is real and the response is as can be expected - not always best and certainly not the same everywhere, but more or less proportionate. I've had nearly a dozen students get sick with COVID, all young and healthy people. One is still struggling with the after effects. We know of people who died. Hospitals here were at breaking point in late November/early December.

I understand that you and your wife experience this as an imposition and tyranny. I feel for you and my sense is that you are a kind decent guy and believe yourself to be in the right. But to me it's as clear as that light follows day, that it's your trauma talking, rather than reason and evidence.

I am thousands of miles away from you and have no dogs in this fight. I am just sorry for the suffering you and your family are experiencing and wish you all the best.

May you be awakened and freed from your burden.
Sorry Dan but I really don’t need your psycho analysis of me.
It amazes me how I can be at every frigging freedom rally taking zero precautions and know zero people with this bullshit virus yet you a (liberal)teacher experiences multiple people with Covid (all survive) and hear of second hand deaths from liberal friends.

Get on the right side of this for your own benefit, and stay off my road.
The moment we use health to trespass on freedoms and human rights I call bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.
Wake up, please and do come out of your ignorance.
Last edited by Dhammanando on Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unsubstantiated attack
thepea

Re: Re:

Post by thepea »

thepea wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:57 am
sunnat wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:07 am relax. 'nutty as a fruitcake' is just a saying. i could have said 'mad as a hatter', and that doesn't mean anyone suggests you make hats (hatters used to go nuts because of the long term use of mercury when shaping hats)

So my wife and I are lunatics?
Is this what you are saying?
Because someone else took it upon themselves to rape her and abuse me.
I thought we had left this behind and honestly were doing quite well until the world went mad.
Now because some lying assholes want my obedience(which they will never have) I have to be treated like shit everywhere I go and called a selfish asshole, and crazy by the likes of you.
Really man, give your head a shake.
What you should be doing is siding with choice, because i choose to look at evidence, and it is not my responsibility for your health or anyone else’s except for my offspring as they are not adults, and I choose not to wear the obedience rag.
And... the god damn Vipassana centres better god damn well get on board with this choice and quit forcing obedience upon their students when they politely claim exemption or I will take them down with every ounce of my ability. I will not knowingly allow these people to abuse anyone or harm anyone. I don’t cate if every centre burns to the ground.
If it hurts one person through this unlawful medical tyranny I will do everything in my power to destroy them.
Will I be successful, I do t know, but I will do it with presence of mind and equiminity as it will be the absolute right thing to do.
So if any of these assholes that are ignoring me from the Ontario Vipassana centre have any hope for the future of their centre they can reach out to me to apologize and discuss how they will from this day forward either reopen as before, or shut down until that day arrives.
Again it’s Jason, you know damn well who I am.
Bill and Virginia I’m waiting.
Good to see Bill and Virginia took my advice and quit.
Didn’t have the courage to stand ground against the Ontario health nazis.
I doubt the new does either, just another farm animal follower.
Truly sickens me.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Why isn't this thread dead yet?
mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 »

From a previous pandemic:

thepea

Post by thepea »

Inedible wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:11 am Why isn't this thread dead yet?
Because I only speak truth.
And no matter how you desire my message to be silenced it is powerful. When I sat down with Bill and Virginia they too experienced this truth and were forced to step aside.
A monk is a beggar, a forest dweller, not a land owner or a facilitator of buildings.
Mara controls these things and in times of need the monk must be ready to walk away and be like the rhinoceros alone in the forest. Must walk away from all material possession in order to maintain purity.
Vipassana within these global centres is corrupted, the teaching of mr.G and his predecessors is very much alive and well but cannot be learned in purity in these centres at current.
Mr.G was wise to not appoint anyone to speak and teach dhamma in his place. There is no one within this tradition who is at his level of realization.
There are a sprinkling of realized on this planet who are capable of teaching dhamma in purity but this is extremely rare. This is why the Buddhist religion is so heavily tainted.
Again I only speak truth.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:50 am
And no matter how you desire my message to be silenced it is powerful. When I sat down with Bill and Virginia they too experienced this truth and were forced to step aside.
Could you unpack this last one, please?
_/|\_
thepea

Post by thepea »

Dan74 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:42 am
thepea wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:50 am
Could you unpack this last one, please?
Why do you want the truth removed Dan?
This is my direct experience and is truth.