MN 77

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
form

MN 77

Post by form »

There are many ways of meditation mentioned in this sutta that can lead to Nibanna. This should be an important meditation guide in Theravada IMO.
Pondera

Re: MN 77

Post by Pondera »

Thank you for the reference.

I have mentioned you in my post “Story Telling”.

Besides the fundamentals of Buddhism, what other suttas do you find inspiring? Things not necessarily connected to the numerical categories of jhana, enlightenment factors, etc.

What suttas bring a smile to your lips when you read them? What suttas inspire pure faith in you! Please post on my “Story Telling” topic.

Cheers. Pondera. 🧐
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
form

Re: MN 77

Post by form »

Pondera wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:11 am Thank you for the reference.

I have mentioned you in my post “Story Telling”.

Besides the fundamentals of Buddhism, what other suttas do you find inspiring? Things not necessarily connected to the numerical categories of jhana, enlightenment factors, etc.

What suttas bring a smile to your lips when you read them? What suttas inspire pure faith in you! Please post on my “Story Telling” topic.

Cheers. Pondera. 🧐
What story telling topic? I am unaware of it.