semen emitting addressed

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Ceisiwr

Re: semen emitting addressed

Post by Ceisiwr »

dharmacorps wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:33 pm
pitithefool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 pm This is one of the more bizarre posts I've seen on this website since joining...
Yup. Stick around! There are great lengths people go to ruminate about nonsense on here.
Yup.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
pitithefool

Post by pitithefool »

pitithefool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 pm This is one of the more bizarre posts I've seen on this website since joining...
Yup. Stick around! There are great lengths people go to ruminate about nonsense on here.
As my hero the great Mr. T once said regarding Sammavaca:

I ain't got no time for no jibber jabber
Please note: This profile picture is not actually a picture of the user.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

You should only emit semen when you are in the presence of someone who is prepared to receive it.

If it wasn't clear, I tend to see threads like this as an excuse to bring a sexual discussion in by the back door.
auto

Post by auto »

Ceisiwr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:18 pm
auto wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:36 pm [...
Epigenetics is a thing but Lamarckism has been falsified.
The more we know about the epigenome, the more valid is the theory of passing on acquired characteristics. I don't know what part of this you don't get that prompted you to say something like that above.

Why i brought this subtopic was that the epigenome tells us that the longevity and also reverse aging is possible. Longevity entails not activating parts of genome what corresponds with the reproduction which is about passing on genetical information instead of preserving(waiting optimal environment).
auto

Post by auto »

pitithefool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Brahmacariya is possible to follow only on certain worlds(Jambudvīpa) and it is followed on that realm where it is realized, if you not become anagami by completing brahmacariya, you will be a returner who comes back to this reality where you realized it.

Some here doesn't know the importance of not emitting semen, then for sure many don't know about sneezing and of course people laugh it away and even if they attempt brahmacariya it will be wrong and inefficient hence brahmacariya is realized then it is genuine.
auto

Post by auto »

Inedible wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 am You should only emit semen when you are in the presence of someone who is prepared to receive it.

If it wasn't clear, I tend to see threads like this as an excuse to bring a sexual discussion in by the back door.
When you are mindful, it is not possible to emit semen. It takes away the delusion what is required for copulation to be possible.
pitithefool

Post by pitithefool »

auto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 pm
pitithefool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Brahmacariya is possible to follow only on certain worlds(Jambudvīpa) and it is followed on that realm where it is realized, if you not become anagami by completing brahmacariya, you will be a returner who comes back to this reality where you realized it.

Some here doesn't know the importance of not emitting semen, then for sure many don't know about sneezing and of course people laugh it away and even if they attempt brahmacariya it will be wrong and inefficient hence brahmacariya is realized then it is genuine.
Point well made, however, spiritual enlightenment, though aided by abstention from emitting semen, is not gained through clinging to rites and rules in such a way. If a person cannot help but emitting semen at night, then he must look elsewhere for some other method of spiritual development. Just as the case where a person may be unable to sense the breath while meditation must instead take up some other inspiring theme, so too if one cannot help but have nocturnal emissions, one must move on to something else.
auto

Post by auto »

pitithefool wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:47 pm Point well made, however, spiritual enlightenment, though aided by abstention from emitting semen, is not gained through clinging to rites and rules in such a way. If a person cannot help but emitting semen at night, then he must look elsewhere for some other method of spiritual development. Just as the case where a person may be unable to sense the breath while meditation must instead take up some other inspiring theme, so too if one cannot help but have nocturnal emissions, one must move on to something else.
Right understanding/paññā comes after removal of defilements or saving mind from the grip of asavas/defilements
https://suttacentral.net/sn35.136/en/sujato wrote: Who, apart from the noble ones,
Ko nu aññatra mariyebhi,
is qualified to understand this state?
Padaṁ sambuddhumarahati;
When they’ve rightly understood it,
Yaṁ padaṁ sammadaññāya,
they’re extinguished without defilements.”
Parinibbanti anāsavā”ti.
Even if you would receive the knowledge of something higher, you won't want to hear about it, not to mention following it,
https://suttacentral.net/sn3.12/en/sujato wrote:The very same sights that are agreeable to some are disagreeable to others.
Teva, mahārāja, rūpā ekaccassa manāpā honti, teva rūpā ekaccassa amanāpā honti.
When you’re happy with certain sights, as you’ve got all you wished for, you don’t want any other sight that’s better or finer.
Yehi ca yo rūpehi attamano hoti paripuṇṇasaṅkappo, so tehi rūpehi aññaṁ rūpaṁ uttaritaraṁ vā paṇītataraṁ vā na pattheti.
For you, those sights are perfect
Te tassa rūpā paramā honti.
and supreme.
Te tassa rūpā anuttarā honti.
In that sense, correct path is the most disgusting one, 8 fold path = cycle of suffering.
https://suttacentral.net/sn35.136/en/sujato wrote: What others say is happiness
Yaṁ pare sukhato āhu,
the noble ones say is suffering.
tadariyā āhu dukkhato;
What others say is suffering
Yaṁ pare dukkhato āhu,
the noble ones say is happiness.
tadariyā sukhato vidū.
Those who don't see, dhamma will cause more confusion
https://suttacentral.net/sn35.136/en/sujato wrote: See, this teaching is hard to understand,
Passa dhammaṁ durājānaṁ,
it confuses the ignorant.
sammūḷhettha aviddasu;
Those who don’t see are closed off;
Nivutānaṁ tamo hoti,
for them, all is blind darkness.
andhakāro apassataṁ.
pitithefool

Post by pitithefool »

auto wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Auto, a question that comes to mind. What of someone who has a medical condition in which they cannot control nocturnal emission?
auto

Post by auto »

pitithefool wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:50 pm
auto wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Auto, a question that comes to mind. What of someone who has a medical condition in which they cannot control nocturnal emission?
I think there are plenty of medical conditions what prevent receiving and understanding the dhamma.

Controlling nocturnal emission on waking state is simple physical pressure onto the area of root of the penis just above the asshole, i guess there is a tube of mechanics what pump semen into the duct.
Nocturnal emission is stopped with using the mind and at that time your mind is linked to that point and can apply pressure to counter(parry) the emitting 3-4 times sequence triggered by the dream. That case is behind developing your mind.
It is possible to get O'gasm just by seeing(hearing, thoughts) and that doesn't feel traditional at all, it is without feeling, only the satisfaction and that will be without traditional semen emitting. So it depends on what you use as a base. There is a documentary in the web about people in the jail and one said even smile is enough when you are long enough time alone. That speaks of sensitivity and i guess it is a key factor.
You can read from Sutra commentary that for the 1st jhana beings, hugging is the peak sexual activity. Here we can see how celibacy can go really wrong since it is actually not abstinence it is going subtle and subtler, renouncing sexual activities by replacing them with more wholesome ways by realizing sameness with subtle and gross.
frank k

Post by frank k »

I don't agree with that. I believe arahant monks do emit semen, and arahant nuns who are young still menstruate monthly.
The key is they (arahants) have perfected sati and sampajano, and have zero lust and no delusion.
But they still have to eat, shit, and bodies still carry on their biological functions.
If I had to guess, I'd say maybe arahant monks emit semen once or twice a year, whatever 'freshness' natural expiration date of viable semen needs to be replaced with fresh viable batch.
If someone were to rape an arahant nun who was fertile, would they not get pregnant?
If a doctor were to stick a needle in an arahant to extract some semen, would it not be viable (capable to producing children)?

That's the purpose of semen emission (done while asleep, but with no dream, no lust, just elimination of waste material)
auto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:41 pm ...
When you are mindful, it is not possible to emit semen. It takes away the delusion what is required for copulation to be possible.
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
pitithefool

Post by pitithefool »

frank k wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 pm
auto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:41 pm
So auto, if we simply apply pressure to the grundle/taint, then we can understand Dhamma and attain enlightenment?
auto

Post by auto »

pitithefool wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:10 pm
frank k wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 pm
auto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:41 pm
So auto, if we simply apply pressure to the grundle/taint, then we can understand Dhamma and attain enlightenment?
If you mean the grundle/taint the point between asshole and root of the penis then as i have said you won't going to use that way. If you block semen emitting then the satisfaction last less than a day, while ejaculation satisfaction last day or days even weeks idk. Of course you can claim to emit multiple times but what matters is only one time per satisfaction period. Its not easy peasy lemon squeezy, you won't quit yearning for emitting semen and can switch between ways and gradually move to quit emitting and there are better faster ways and uses different system in your body situated in chest area, the perk of it is you won't get the burning desire anymore.
auto

Post by auto »

frank k wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 pm I don't agree with that. I believe arahant monks do emit semen, and arahant nuns who are young still menstruate monthly.
The key is they (arahants) have perfected sati and sampajano, and have zero lust and no delusion.
But they still have to eat, shit, and bodies still carry on their biological functions.
If I had to guess, I'd say maybe arahant monks emit semen once or twice a year, whatever 'freshness' natural expiration date of viable semen needs to be replaced with fresh viable batch.
If someone were to rape an arahant nun who was fertile, would they not get pregnant?
If a doctor were to stick a needle in an arahant to extract some semen, would it not be viable (capable to producing children)?

That's the purpose of semen emission (done while asleep, but with no dream, no lust, just elimination of waste material)
auto wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:41 pm ...
Why would arhant emit semen if there are regular men who doesn't emit at all. Interesting.

There are more things besides semen and other liquids, there is some kind of air bubble discharge. Also mind gets affected by the objects what are seen heard.. ages before the desire arises or is acted on, without getting affected there won't be any reason to start produce semen. Semen is set to produce.
pitithefool

Post by pitithefool »

auto wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:06 pm
Your comment indicates that you hold this view: that you can control nocturnal emissions no matter what, but that does not tally with the vinaya.

In the view of the vinaya, only intentional emissions of semen are seen as a problem.
Nocturnal emissions that are not brought about by volitional actions are not counted as offenses, but deliberately attempting to cause them is indeed an offense.