Dream bliss?

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
confusedlayman

Dream bliss?

Post by confusedlayman »

People say u cant feel in dream... but what is that blissfull thing happening but when wake up we dont know if its dream or real? Its wierd
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Ceisiwr

Re: Dream bliss?

Post by Ceisiwr »

Once Zhuang Zhou dreamed he was a butterfly, a fluttering butterfly. What fun he had, doing as he pleased! He did not know he was Zhou. Suddenly he woke up and found himself to be Zhou. He did not know whether Zhou had dreamed he was a butterfly or a butterfly had dreamed he was Zhou. Between Zhou and the butterfly there must be some distinction. This is what is meant by the transformation of things.
Zhuang Zhou
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Ceisiwr wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:57 pm
Once Zhuang Zhou dreamed he was a butterfly, a fluttering butterfly. What fun he had, doing as he pleased! He did not know he was Zhou. Suddenly he woke up and found himself to be Zhou. He did not know whether Zhou had dreamed he was a butterfly or a butterfly had dreamed he was Zhou. Between Zhou and the butterfly there must be some distinction. This is what is meant by the transformation of things.
Zhuang Zhou
haha
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

confusedlayman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 pm People say u cant feel in dream... but what is that blissfull thing happening but when wake up we dont know if its dream or real? Its wierd
Who said you can't feel in a dream? For me, how it felt is often the most memorable aspect of a dream.
Buddha save me from new-agers!
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

Spiny Norman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:45 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:47 pm People say u cant feel in dream... but what is that blissfull thing happening but when wake up we dont know if its dream or real? Its wierd
Who said you can't feel in a dream? For me, how it felt is often the most memorable aspect of a dream.
do u feel pain in dream? if someone attacks u in dream u feel physical pain of dream body?
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

confusedlayman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:47 pm
Spiny Norman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:45 pm
do u feel pain in dream? if someone attacks u in dream u feel physical pain of dream body?
Yes, I experience all sorts of physical sensations in a dream. For me a dream experience is much the same as a waking experience.
Buddha save me from new-agers!