Samadhi is Stillness, not Concentration - Ajahn Brahm

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
S. Johann

Re: Samadhi is Stillness, not Concentration - Ajahn Brahm

Post by S. Johann »

And yes, the path is a liberal taken on "working and concentration camp". Useless to try to catch people with "hot dogs". No stillness if work isn't done right, no concentration without stillness, and Dukkha is the required "force", letting surrender (Saddha, Adhi-Sila, right effort arise). No remorse, the path develops by itself.

(Horrible talk... btw.)
You may make use of this account as wished for good, it's a cast off one. Password: 12345678. As the good stuff gets usually censured here, good if being quick to find ways out.
Dan74

Post by Dan74 »

S. Johann wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:29 pm And yes, the path is a liberal taken on "working and concentration camp". Useless to try to catch people with "hot dogs". No stillness if work isn't done right, no concentration without stillness, and Dukkha is the required "force", letting surrender (Saddha, Adhi-Sila, right effort arise). No remorse, the path develops by itself.

(Horrible talk... btw.)
I don't think anyone understands what you're trying to say here, Johann. Say it in German and I will try to translate, if I can.
_/|\_
auto

Post by auto »

Dan74 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:55 pm
S. Johann wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:29 pm And yes, the path is a liberal taken on "working and concentration camp". Useless to try to catch people with "hot dogs". No stillness if work isn't done right, no concentration without stillness, and Dukkha is the required "force", letting surrender (Saddha, Adhi-Sila, right effort arise). No remorse, the path develops by itself.

(Horrible talk... btw.)
I don't think anyone understands what you're trying to say here, Johann. Say it in German and I will try to translate, if I can.
He is relying on that someone is having lot of knowledge, nothing to do with language capabilities. If you have lot of knowledge then can spot what he is talking about. It comes from the thinking others know a lot, because of the attitude of the people in the forums are showing that they know a lot.
S. Johann

Post by S. Johann »

Dan74 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:55 pm

(Horrible talk... btw.)
Good householder Dan, so Okasa not under ones control, a little later now, but maybe good Autos hind helped already.
You may make use of this account as wished for good, it's a cast off one. Password: 12345678. As the good stuff gets usually censured here, good if being quick to find ways out.