Question about covid and working

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
mario92

Question about covid and working

Post by mario92 »

Namaste all i have some questions, as i was around where my mother was (covid patient), i got covid and also all my family. I dont have fear of dying because we have medicines from a good doctor that are very effective. The doctor told me that i got covid (without symptoms) and i asked him if i should keep working he said that i could with a mask and with putting gel in hands, washing hands, cleaning, etc. But im really worried about the responsability and the danger that this could imply. Is it ethical to go to work with this illness? As my intention is not to kill but to work, do i get bad karma? Do i break the first precept? We are in an age when we can have invisible posion in mouth, hands and everywhere. I feel that i still have to win money to being able to buy medicines for the family and for survival. Also i have difficulties with being alert cleaning everything including bed, floor, clothes, and wearing the mask full 8 hours (my ears get damaged after time).Can you give your opinion? Any possible ways of solving this problem? Should i stay better at home? Thanks
DooDoot

Re: Question about covid and working

Post by DooDoot »

mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pm we have medicines from a good doctor that are very effective.
Hello Mario, Could you kindly please share the names of the medicines your doctor used. Thank you
mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pm The doctor told me that i got covid (without symptoms) and i asked him if i should keep working
It would also be helpful if you say what type of work you do. Thanks
mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pmhe said that i could with a mask and with putting gel in hands, washing hands, cleaning, etc. But im really worried about the responsability and the danger that this could imply.
You can consider following the advice of your doctor however, yes, it is wise to think more thoroughly about your situation.
mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pmIs it ethical to go to work with this illness?
Unfortunately, you and most people have been brainwashed by the corporate mass-media that has carried out a fear campaign probably at the behest of pharmaceutical companies. Also, I hope you understand that most governments now act according to both corporate directives and what they regard public opinion to be. In other words, the governments have not acted responsibly towards Covid to offer clear practical directives.

There will probably come a time when most people in the world carry Covid; just as they can carry the common cold. That said, Covid is more dangerous than the common cold and more dangerous than influenza.

As I asked, it would be helpful if you mention the type of work you do so the amount of risk you have in infecting others can be assessed. Does your work allow you to maintain social distancing?
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

The best thing is to get tested again and see whether you are still carry the virus.
If you work please disclose your situation to your supervisor.
Please keep posting your experience in health section as it may help some of us.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
mario92

Post by mario92 »

DooDoot wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:24 am
mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pm we have medicines from a good doctor that are very effective.
Hello Mario, Could you kindly please share the names of the medicines your doctor used. Thank you
mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pm The doctor told me that i got covid (without symptoms) and i asked him if i should keep working
It would also be helpful if you say what type of work you do. Thanks
mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pmhe said that i could with a mask and with putting gel in hands, washing hands, cleaning, etc. But im really worried about the responsability and the danger that this could imply.
You can consider following the advice of your doctor however, yes, it is wise to think more thoroughly about your situation.
mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pmIs it ethical to go to work with this illness?
Unfortunately, you and most people have been brainwashed by the corporate mass-media that has carried out a fear campaign probably at the behest of pharmaceutical companies. Also, I hope you understand that most governments now act according to both corporate directives and what they regard public opinion to be. In other words, the governments have not acted responsibly towards Covid to offer clear practical directives.

There will probably come a time when most people in the world carry Covid; just as they can carry the common cold. That said, Covid is more dangerous than the common cold and more dangerous than influenza.

As I asked, it would be helpful if you mention the type of work you do so the amount of risk you have in infecting others can be assessed. Does your work allñow you to maintain social distancing?
Namaste Doot Doot, i work in a store which sells ice cream, wraping gifts service, stationery, sells gifts, inflation balloon service, computer service and copy print service. I am the only employee now, most of the work is customize service behind the counter. Sometimes i have contact with their gifts or balloons with my clothes like when i hold them, sometimes i have to use the computer to help them with the printing. The names of the medicines i am using now are ibuprofeno, oseltamivir, antiflu, and vitamin d. Just to prevent. But there are more medicines, the kitchen table is full o them, i hadnt used them yet but my father had.
Last edited by mario92 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

SarathW wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:55 am The best thing is to get tested again and see whether you are still carry the virus.
Please keep posting your experience in health section as it may help some of us.
The doctor told me i had the virus, and that i shouldnt waste my money, which is true. But i dont have supervisor (maybe my father) is a family bussiness at the brink of bankruptcy i am trying to save the scarce source of money from my family. Previously before all this tragedy happen, my mother helped me, she was the boss, but now i dont know how i would deal with this by myself alone. In the remote future i want to ordain as a monk.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

I was going to get tested but i would have to wait for six days which was dangerous healthilly and impractical. I understood that i was going to get tested positive anyways.
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

mario92 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:17 am
SarathW wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:55 am The best thing is to get tested again and see whether you are still carry the virus.
The doctor told me i had the virus, and that i shouldnt waste my money, which is true. But i dont have supervisor (maybe my father) is a family bussiness at the brink of bankruptcy i am trying to save the scarce source of money from my family. Previously before all this tragedy happen, my mother helped me, she was the boss, but now i dont know how i would deal with this by myself alone. In the remote future i want to ordain as a monk.
Be strong.
Do what ever you can do at best.
The things will coming to place it self.
The life works in a strange way.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

You can probably get a mask that fits better and doesn't pull on your ears.
Mr Man

Post by Mr Man »

mario92 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:50 pm Namaste all i have some questions, as i was around where my mother was (covid patient), i got covid and also all my family. I dont have fear of dying because we have medicines from a good doctor that are very effective. The doctor told me that i got covid (without symptoms) and i asked him if i should keep working he said that i could with a mask and with putting gel in hands, washing hands, cleaning, etc. But im really worried about the responsability and the danger that this could imply. Is it ethical to go to work with this illness? As my intention is not to kill but to work, do i get bad karma? Do i break the first precept? We are in an age when we can have invisible posion in mouth, hands and everywhere. I feel that i still have to win money to being able to buy medicines for the family and for survival. Also i have difficulties with being alert cleaning everything including bed, floor, clothes, and wearing the mask full 8 hours (my ears get damaged after time).Can you give your opinion? Any possible ways of solving this problem? Should i stay better at home? Thanks
:namaste:

In my opinion you should not work and should avoid contact with others.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

If you work in food service it is especially best that you take a few week vacation from work and wait till the virus goes away for you. You don't want to burden anyone with this disease, or feel like you contributed to their passing if they get this dangerous virus and pass away (however it would be the viruses fault, not yours). It's important to make the right sacrifices in life to live peacefully with others, and at this point it's better for you not to work due to safety issues. Try to overcome the pressure that is trying to make you work. If you do decide to work, however, do everything you can not to spread the virus. But like I said it's not a good idea to keep working in food service if you have it, until the virus goes away. Just imagine how the people you would be serving the ice cream to would feel. Would they still come into the store if they knew you had the virus? And do you yourself feel like the person who carried the virus over to you should have been more careful? It would have prevented your trouble. Wait it out, and let it stop with you. That is my advice. Best wishes.

:anjali:
Brahma.
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

Turns out Donald Trump tested positive for it after an aid supposedly got it and is quarantining, it's a good idea for you to quarantine too, not good to spread this virus.

:reading: :popcorn: :coffee: :stirthepot:

:candle:
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

U are aware that virus will spread and if u still work, and ig someone dies u r responsible as u can have prevented it...

Dont spread to others
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Stay home and ensure you don't harm others. I know it is hard especially when you want to work to help your family, but you don't want to be responsible for sickening others and potentially killing them. Hard times. Take care.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

Thanks all for the answers, i will try to quarantine.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

confusedlayman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:44 pm U are aware that virus will spread and if u still work, and ig someone dies u r responsible as u can have prevented it...

Dont spread to others
What can i do if someone got sick or die? It wasnt my intention to harm others. How would i know if they got sick? and how can i help?