Versus lies

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
mario92

Versus lies

Post by mario92 »

Namaste, What can i do if i had told lies in the past? I am experiencing its results and are very harsh. What can i do to counter attack that? Do someone knows about a topic here on dhammawheel? I have the slight idea of giving knowledge or educate, but how? Thank you
DiamondNgXZ

Re: Versus lies

Post by DiamondNgXZ »

mario92 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:54 pm Namaste, What can i do if i had told lies in the past? I am experiencing its results and are very harsh. What can i do to counter attack that? Do someone knows about a topic here on dhammawheel? I have the slight idea of giving knowledge or educate, but how? Thank you
Admit lie, apologize, do whatever needed to repair, eg. if you scammed people, pay them back. Then determine not to lie again, see the suffering now as motivation to do the determination.

Practise equanimity, whatever kamma I do, for good or for ill, that I will be the heir. So be brave to accept the consequences and bear it with equanimity (not aversion).
mario92

Re: Versus lies

Post by mario92 »

Thank you Diamond