I lied on my blood donation form today

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
bpallister

Re: I lied on my blood donation form today

Post by bpallister »

I'm into bodybuilding so i take it for muscle gain, but I like the mental effects of it as well. it seems to alleviate my dysthymia to some extent.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

i realize what i did was wrong, and will not donate again. perhaps i can find other ways to help sentient beings
JohnSo

Post by JohnSo »

What has been done, is in the past. No benefit of crying over spilled milk.

Just forget it and try to not do it in the future.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

bpallister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:01 am i realize what i did was wrong, and will not donate again. perhaps i can find other ways to help sentient beings
It sounds like some of the ways you are trying to "help" others are causing harm at this time. The best way you can do that is by holding the precepts, inclusive of abstaining from lying.
un8-

Post by un8- »

bpallister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:01 am i realize what i did was wrong, and will not donate again. perhaps i can find other ways to help sentient beings
Have a read of the velama sutta https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html
There is only one battle that could be won, and that is the battle against the 3 poisons. Any other battle is a guaranteed loss because you're going to die either way.
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

un8- wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 pm
Have a read of the velama sutta https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html
84,000 bejeweled maidens, beddings of the finest silk, lotions....I'm really enjoying this sutta. :heart: :anjali:
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

bpallister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:36 pm here's the thing tho. If i had told the truth (i lied on one question) i would have not been able to donate. so i want to donate to thin out my blood a little and to help other beings, but i cannot because i have been injecting some vitamin T and peptides--if i tell the truth.
If the question is there, then it's important for the person receiving the blood. It cannot be up to you to make the decision to circumvent that question. If you want to fix the issue, let the people who collected your blood know about it.
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I’ve already informed them and don’t plan to lie again
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

bpallister wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:48 am I’ve already informed them and don’t plan to lie again
Awesome :thumbsup:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I suppose I will not be able to donate again
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

bpallister wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:48 am I’ve already informed them and don’t plan to lie again
This reminds me of going to Catholic Confession as a child. :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I will say 10 Hail Marys and 20 our fathers
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

bpallister wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:35 pm I will say 10 Hail Marys and 20 our fathers
That's not enough. :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta »

bpallister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:23 am I just sent them a text letting them know that I lied on that question.

Great! That's a wonderful & courageous move. :twothumbsup:

:heart:
𝓑𝓾𝓭𝓭𝓱𝓪 𝓗𝓪𝓭 𝓤𝓷𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓿𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽
  • Iᴅᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ Sᴏᴜʟ ɪs Oᴜᴛᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ Uᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ Fᴏᴏʟɪsʜ Vɪᴇᴡ
    V. Nanananda

𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓽ā 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘𝓼
  • Nᴏ sᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀs ᴀ Sᴇʟғ, Sᴏᴜʟ, Eɢᴏ, Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ, ᴏʀ Āᴛᴍᴀɴ
    V. Buddhādasa
shuka

Post by shuka »

bpallister You did the right thing by informing them honestly. You can help others in many ways apart from donating blood.