PA-Auk meditation in Na uyana

The cultivation of calm or tranquility and the development of concentration
Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Re: PA-Auk meditation in Na uyana

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta »

Dilantha wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 am Hello,

About that book, as per what I heard from the monks and even nuns from Na Uyana ,and with my own experiences I will not completely discard that book as rubbish.Even some of the serious allegations might be true (if what I heard is right) . But nobody talk about them in public.every body talk about it in pvt. I wanted to reply this only because VINAYA is the very thing that will keep the SASANA going.the life of the sasana depends on vinaya. that's the sole reason I wanted to back that book just a bit.

HOWEVER, some one who reads that book will think Na Uyana as complete devil type monastery . That's is not. there might be some issues happened once in while.But these are not enlightened monks know?So its sensible to expect some mistakes. So according to my experience, Na Uyana is very good place if you want to follow pristine vinaya. And unlike what that book paints , Most Ven. Agulgamuwe ariyananda (abbot) is very good monk. And its one of the best places in Sri lanka to learn monk life.

rgds

:heart:
𝓑𝓾𝓭𝓭𝓱𝓪 𝓗𝓪𝓭 𝓤𝓷𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓿𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽
  • Iᴅᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ Sᴏᴜʟ ɪs Oᴜᴛᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ Uᴛᴛᴇʀʟʏ Fᴏᴏʟɪsʜ Vɪᴇᴡ
    V. Nanananda

𝓐𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓽ā 𝓜𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘𝓼
  • Nᴏ sᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀs ᴀ Sᴇʟғ, Sᴏᴜʟ, Eɢᴏ, Sᴘɪʀɪᴛ, ᴏʀ Āᴛᴍᴀɴ
    V. Buddhādasa
Ontheway

Re: PA-Auk meditation in Na uyana

Post by Ontheway »

Reading the book "The Nude Monk's burning Robes"....

I was wondering is it true in Sri Lanka, Sinhalese people say this: "...oldest Siam sect to an elephant thief, Amarapura sect to a cow thief, and Rāmañña sect to a gem thief."....

Not only limited to the criticism of Na uyana sect and Pak Auk Tradition, the author also discuss about the downgrading Sasana system in Burma, immorality of Thai monastics, the fallacy of Abhidhamma, the absence of Atthakatha, the Visuddhimagga being a wrong Dhamma, Thai forest tradition as gurudom, etc....

:reading:
Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

https://suttacentral.net/ja6/en/chalmer ... ight=false