Age limits

The cultivation of calm or tranquility and the development of concentration
coconut

Re: Age limits

Post by coconut »

Slowlearner5 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:39 am Thanks. I thought that after much consistent meditation there would be a continual feeling of peace or concentration, maybe a bodily vibration anywhere, all due to purity. Maybe everyone's different but some posters have mentioned an afterglow or similar after meditation sessions.
I know some Swamis in India have mentioned Shakti and people around them feeling it effecting their meditation. I haven't found anything associated to that in Buddhism, but am curious , and yes they all seemed to be over 60 mostly. So maybe these Shakti masters are sotapanna level. But how can Sakti exist but not in Buddhism, doesn't make sense to me.
There is, and it feels very good. That isn't whats in question. What's in question is how one maintains that as long as possible and effortlessly.

And the Buddha's method is the only one. Study the suttas.
Slowlearner5

Re: Age limits

Post by Slowlearner5 »

Just wondering why practice with a body, what actually benefits. The result is ash for the body, and slightly improved conditions hopefully, but progress would be greater without a body I imagine. So the purpose of the physical world might be largely about something else in the scheme of things, and those who are interested in dhamma are unlucky to be here and an anomaly in the grand design. Just thinking on practice in a body, in the physical universe, while Citta mind Nibbana are in another dimension, don't see the point of it.