need deadbody images

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
confusedlayman

Re: need deadbody images

Post by confusedlayman »

SteRo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 am
confusedlayman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:22 am
SteRo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:19 am

I am always surprised to read such requests (I need this or that. Where can I find this or that?) Why not simply search in internet? There are plenty of buddhist resources with photos of corps and the like. But doing so for oneself is less exciting than to let others know about one's special interests, right?
Hi stereo,

I need step by step corpse picture, some sites have cartoon which i dont want... some sites have images that looks morphed.. i want to know if anyone has genuinely replusive images and willing to share if it worked for them ..
I recall once having come across buddhist resources with autopsy photos. I think these should do for the most. Personally having had contact with impermanence of body and life in professional environment I cannot find any benefit in such photos because to me repulsion seems to be just a variant of ignorance, the opposite of attraction which is ignorance, too.
how to not arise lust conciousness even most beautiful girl comes in awareness?
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:33 am how to not arise lust conciousness even most beautiful girl comes in awareness?
Simple mindfulness. Having an autopsy photo in your pocket won't help.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
sunnat

Post by sunnat »

Cemetery Contemplations: available as pdf download

https://birken.ca/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ations.pdf
2600htz

Post by 2600htz »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:33 am
SteRo wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:31 am
confusedlayman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:22 am

Hi stereo,

I need step by step corpse picture, some sites have cartoon which i dont want... some sites have images that looks morphed.. i want to know if anyone has genuinely replusive images and willing to share if it worked for them ..
I recall once having come across buddhist resources with autopsy photos. I think these should do for the most. Personally having had contact with impermanence of body and life in professional environment I cannot find any benefit in such photos because to me repulsion seems to be just a variant of ignorance, the opposite of attraction which is ignorance, too.
how to not arise lust conciousness even most beautiful girl comes in awareness?
Hi:

Unless you become an anagami i dont see much progress in that topic.
The Buddha taught sense control. If you control your awareness you dont even have contact with a lustful object. If you are willing to go hardcore mode, just dont stare at beautiful girls.

Regards.
Garrib

Post by Garrib »

Sense restraint is very important, IME.

Also, mindfulness and patience just to let feelings pass without acting on them.

Thinking about the drawbacks, the dangers of pursuing certain types of sensuality is helpful.

Think about the impermanence of your body, others' bodies, the pleasure that could arise in dependence upon bodily contact etc...

Think about the parts of the body. You can do this as a formal practice, memorizing, visualizing and reciting the parts. But I've found it works to just concentrate on a few aspects that are particularly gross (e.g., feces, urine, blood, puss, bile).

Then, find a few corpse images, probably of males in your case, if you feel the need - nothing extreme like violent beheadings etc...Every once in a while you can look at the image, remember it, and then you can try to visualize it when you need to counteract arisen lust.

If you start to feel aversion, you can practice mindfulness of breathing.

Brahmaviharas are also helpful.

So is a strong determination and personal commitment to celibacy, if that is your intention. Is it?

Imagine all women and girls as being like your mother, sister, or daughter.

Sometimes you might just need a distraction, a change of pace to shift the mind from its lustful habits - go for a walk or read a book or something.

Sleep on your right side, in the lion's posture.

Don't be surprised if there are bumps in the road. Remember the gradual path.

Best.
Crazy cloud

Post by Crazy cloud »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:33 am how to not arise lust conciousness even most beautiful girl comes in awareness?
They doesn't "comes into awareness" - You look at objects and makes them come to your awareness as lustful.
Don't look at them, restraint. Or, when you look, give them a name that doesn't make them become lustful objects, like: A human.
If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

sunnat wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:56 am Cemetery Contemplations: available as pdf download

https://birken.ca/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ations.pdf
thanks. very horrible to see and it helps
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:23 am metta on women makes me so close... that dont work for me
it doesn't work for u probably because metta for u is lust/affection, called the "near enemy"

in other words, u don't actually know what metta is (even though u write mere superstition words about it)
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
jagodage

Post by jagodage »

Dear Sunnat

The cemetery Contemplation pictures were really helpful.Thanks,Dhamma friend.

I will try to do a comparative study with cemetery contemplation shown in last 9 pabbas of Kayanupassana in Sathara Sathipattana.

How the Lord Buddha relate the living human body to that of a non living human body is wonderful .It is very much scientific too.One will gain more and more Shradda.

How true this living body one day will face the same situation.

Though one will be not seen the states of one's own body in living conditions,one will get an opptunity to visulise own states after death.This will gradually reduces lust and create a disgusted feelings.

With Metta
sunnat

Post by sunnat »

:anjali: the booklet 'cemetery contemplations' is kindly provided by birken monastery in british columbia.

For some reason I developed a fear of nausea. The sick feeling. Today, as a meditator, Looking at, being near to, smelling, even touching disgusting putrefying remains and contemplating, directly experiencing, the phenomena arising within, (feelings), allows those reactions to rise and pass away. When possible I volunteer to man the local rubbish tip which allows a little bit of contemplation of the impermanence, decomposition, of all composed things.