Terror on dissolution of formationw

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
confusedlayman

Re: Terror on dissolution of formationw

Post by confusedlayman »

SteRo wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:35 am Does insight automatically come?
no
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

confusedlayman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:54 pm no
wrong answer, grasshopper...
Yes.
Thus for him, having thus developed the noble eightfold path... these two qualities occur in tandem: tranquillity & insight.

MN 149
For a person whose mind is concentrated, there is no need for an act of will, 'May I know & see things as they actually are.' It is in the nature of things that a person whose mind is concentrated knows & sees things as they actually are.

AN 11.2
It seems U have been on this forum for months, every years, preaching the weird Nagarjuna intellectual conceptual doctrine that claims to bring about a non-conceptual enlightenment via conceptuality.

In short, insight is automatic. :smile:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

DooDoot wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:04 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:54 pm no
wrong answer, grasshopper...
Yes.
Thus for him, having thus developed the noble eightfold path... these two qualities occur in tandem: tranquillity & insight.

MN 149
For a person whose mind is concentrated, there is no need for an act of will, 'May I know & see things as they actually are.' It is in the nature of things that a person whose mind is concentrated knows & sees things as they actually are.

AN 11.2
It seems U have been on this forum for months, every years, preaching the weird Nagarjuna intellectual conceptual doctrine that claims to bring about a non-conceptual enlightenment via conceptuality.

In short, insight is automatic. :smile:
If insight is automatic then u dont need to do anything and automatically u need to be enlightened.. but it appears u are trying very hard day by day which is intentional hardwork rather than automatic in conventional level...
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:17 am If insight is automatic then u dont need to do anything and automatically u need to be enlightened..
no

read the sutta posted

when concentration is developed, insight is automatic

AN 11.2
:strawman:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

DooDoot wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:37 am
confusedlayman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:17 am If insight is automatic then u dont need to do anything and automatically u need to be enlightened..
no

read the sutta posted

when concentration is developed, insight is automatic

AN 11.2
:strawman:
I am talking about wisdom part of vism.. not about concentration part.. the post is related to wisdom or dry insight..

btw concentrated mind is normal concentration outside jhana or 4th jhana.. what you think?