Seed of dhamma corrupted?

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
Ceisiwr

Re: Seed of dhamma corrupted?

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:49 pm
We have a similar law but it provides exemptions.
For those who are young, those who have difficulties breathing, those who cannot apply and remove on their own, creed those who for religious or belief feel they cannot wear one. Basically covers anyone who does not wish to wear one.
I’m curious if Wales has similar, I’m assuming yes. If they don’t then it is a trespass of ones freedoms.
We too have exemptions for medical reasons (not sure about religious ones). Like yours it doesn't mean anyone who doesn't want to wear one doesn't have too.
Personal dwellings can deny entry to whom ever the choose. They can discriminate. But for example I share this dwelling with my wife, daughter and son. We must live in a way that respects each of our own unique personal desires, otherwise it would be a home of tyranny.

A business or church, has an operating licence and must follow the laws of the land or the licence may be taken away. Did Buddha have such a license?
As such it is discrimination for venues to operate outside of the laws of land. No man/woman is to be discriminated against for any disability, it is unlawful.
A business or religious organisation owning a building are both cases of private property. As such they will have certain T&Cs they wish to be met before you can gain entry. Sometimes they will choose to have barely any at all, other times it will be more strict. For example, certain restaurants or nightclubs here in the U.K. require a certain dress code (I'm not talking about masks here). If you do not match their entry requirements then you cannot go in. As such if a venue asks you to wear a mask whilst inside and you refuse, they have every right to evict you from their premises. Equality legislation does counter this right somewhat, but the current requirements for masks do not come into conflict with this piece of legislation (as far as I am aware). Asking someone to wear a mask whilst inside does not discriminate against the disabled, or gays, or women, or men or the religious (which you said have exemptions).
The law as it has to do with freedoms is clear and linear.
Secular law is whatever the state or government decide. You could try arguing that they are going against the constitution, if your country has one, but I don't think that will get you very far.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
auto

Post by auto »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:54 pm
auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm People are taking synthetic medicine to get rid of symptoms, symptoms what could potentially kill. Scientists doesn't know how to deal with the virus so they mute it. What is this problem solving called?
Not many are taking carefully measured synthetic poisons to get rid of symptoms.
Some just allow the natural bodies immune system to deal with the daily things we come across.
I think this is problem creation opposed to solving.
But... this is a bit off topic, not completely but a little.

How does Buddha teach dealing with the causes of consent(suffering).
https://suttacentral.net/sn1.24/en/sujato wrote: “You needn’t shield the mind from everything.“Na sabbato mano nivāraye,
When the mind is under control,Na mano saṃyatattamāgataṃ;
you need only shield the mindYato yato ca pāpakaṃ,
from where the bad things come.”Tato tato mano nivāraye”ti.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:00 pm
thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:49 pm
We have a similar law but it provides exemptions.
For those who are young, those who have difficulties breathing, those who cannot apply and remove on their own, creed those who for religious or belief feel they cannot wear one. Basically covers anyone who does not wish to wear one.
I’m curious if Wales has similar, I’m assuming yes. If they don’t then it is a trespass of ones freedoms.
We too have exemptions for medical reasons (not sure about religious ones). Like yours it doesn't mean anyone who doesn't want to wear one doesn't have too.
Personal dwellings can deny entry to whom ever the choose. They can discriminate. But for example I share this dwelling with my wife, daughter and son. We must live in a way that respects each of our own unique personal desires, otherwise it would be a home of tyranny.

A business or church, has an operating licence and must follow the laws of the land or the licence may be taken away. Did Buddha have such a license?
As such it is discrimination for venues to operate outside of the laws of land. No man/woman is to be discriminated against for any disability, it is unlawful.
A business or religious organisation owning a building are both cases of private property. As such they will have certain T&Cs they wish to be met before you can gain entry. Sometimes they will choose to have barely any at all, other times it will be more strict. For example, certain restaurants or nightclubs here in the U.K. require a certain dress code (I'm not talking about masks here). If you do not match their entry requirements then you cannot go in. As such if a venue asks you to wear a mask whilst inside and you refuse, they have every right to evict you from their premises. Equality legislation does counter this right somewhat, but the current requirements for masks do not come into conflict with this piece of legislation (as far as I am aware). Asking someone to wear a mask whilst inside does not discriminate against the disabled, or gays, or women, or men or the religious (which you said have exemptions).
The law as it has to do with freedoms is clear and linear.
Secular law is whatever the state or government decide. You could try arguing that they are going against the constitution, if your country has one, but I don't think that will get you very far.
I’m quite certain that if wearing a mask causes you any form of discomfort or even if it makes you upset, you are exempt. This is your freedom of life. The UK may not be training its public to know and fully comprehend their freedoms but they exist.

I think you are confusing a private establishment with an open to public establishment.
A private club or restaurant can have a dress code but an zoned open to public establishment cannot discriminate.
For example “no shoes no shirt no service” cannot be enforced. My friend lost his legs, and has no need for shoes. That would fall under discrimination and this is against our freedoms.
This is being conflated and supported by corrupted corporations and their private hired guns(police) but it is against the laws of the land.

As an old student of Vipassana I agreed and signed to a certain set of rules and etiquette to follow. They were agreeable to me and I found these fair, logical and of great benefit. I was given the keys to the kingdom and declared an old student and welcomed anytime. If Vipassana wishes to negotiate or change the contract they can present me with their changes. I did not agree to those new terms and so my original contract remains in place.
New students are in a different category as they have no contract.
I do not have to argue for constitution as it’s been done in past and is in existence. I merely have to follow the written law of the land and defend its honour and integrity lest we lose it. I am a patriot. I will not support tyranny in any fashion.
auto

Post by auto »

reboot the future

thepea

Post by thepea »

auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:05 pm
https://suttacentral.net/sn1.24/en/sujato wrote: “You needn’t shield the mind from everything.“Na sabbato mano nivāraye,
So a normal mind only needs protection from bad things?
What does this have to do with the topic, or the video you posted. I’m not following what you are pointing towards.
auto

Post by auto »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm
What does this have to do with the topic, or the video you posted. I’m not following what you are pointing towards.
You seem rebellious. Why you want to go into dhamma centers at first place..

OK i admit i don't get you what you write about. Sorry 100x or 1000x i hope it helps.
Last edited by auto on Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepea

Post by thepea »

auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:42 pm
I’m a patriot, I do not support tyranny.
To preserve the distribution of the dhamma as my teacher and his teachers before him did. If I see a great corruption it is my duty as a man of dhamma to shine light upon this.
auto

Post by auto »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:49 pm
auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:42 pm

I’m a patriot, I do not support tyranny.
To preserve the distribution of the dhamma as my teacher and his teachers before him did. If I see a great corruption it is my duty as a man of dhamma to shine light upon this.
Sorry. The problem you pose in OP is reflecting overall mentality what is happening recently or just this dhamma center?

How i understand your problem is that the homeless is not welcomed to a shop. The seed of corruption is economy i believe, you will take the imago down and less traffic could happen as a consequence.

dhamma disappear? we need to figure out what dhamma first is, so we can know haha. ok sry, i go, this topic seem way above my head.
Last edited by auto on Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepea

Post by thepea »

auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:57 pm Sorry. The problem you pose in OP is reflecting overall mentality what is happening recently or just this dhamma center?

How i understand your problem is that the homeless is not welcomed to a shop. The seed of corruption is economy i believe, you will take the imago down and less traffic could happen as a consequence.
Not so much mentality as it is tyrannical at current.
Dhamma is the middle way. Fact(full stop)
It’s not a navy seal programme, we don’t throw all the food into a bucket and just scoop out a ladle to each student.
It’s middle way. You pick from the tray what you want to digest. Choice.

I’m not following your second point. Perhaps English is second language.
auto

Post by auto »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:10 pm
auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:57 pm Sorry. The problem you pose in OP is reflecting overall mentality what is happening recently or just this dhamma center?

Not so much mentality as it is tyrannical at current.
Dhamma is the middle way. Fact(full stop)
It’s not a navy seal programme, we don’t throw all the food into a bucket and just scoop out a ladle to each student.
It’s middle way. You pick from the tray what you want to digest. Choice.

I’m not following your second point. Perhaps English is second language.
Etiquette choice of a dhamma center. Swedish table or stay in line. It seem you don't like to be treated as a cattle.

in my case same. Well why i need procedures to become a monk, if there is slogans as of like anyone can go monk if they want in a higher morality choice..like it would be a choice for god sakes it isn't possible to become monk without having connections.

Answer is simple it is made up institutions. Stay away, no dhamma there.
thepea

Post by thepea »

auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 pm Etiquette choice of a dhamma center. Swedish table or stay in line. It seem you don't like to be treated as a cattle.

in my case same. Well why i need procedures to become a monk, if there is slogans as of like anyone can go monk if they want in a higher morality choice..like it would be a choice for god sakes it isn't possible to become monk without having connections.

Ok, I think I’m following you now.
I believe in choice, for some they like the robes and ordination aspect in certain traditions.
I was not drawn to this but was drawn to Vipassana as taught by Mr.G.
I’m 100% certain that the teachings I received are genuine.
And the environment was suitable and conducive for this to occur successfully.
If I had gone to a course with these new Covid restrictions I most certainly would have left by day 2 and most certainly by day 6.
What is happening is quite simply gross as in disgraceful and disgusting. These centres are most like ruined to me forever. The dhamma land has been corrupted.
It would be akin to meditating in a factory farm where animals have been brought to be slaughtered.
The infection of Mara upon these lands by the educated is disgraceful. Burn them to the ground and start again.
They stink, as Mrs. G would say.
auto

Post by auto »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:50 pm
auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:19 pm Etiquette choice of a dhamma center. Swedish table or stay in line. It seem you don't like to be treated as a cattle.

Ok, I think I’m following you now.
I believe in choice, for some they like the robes and ordination aspect in certain traditions.
I was not drawn to this but was drawn to Vipassana as taught by Mr.G.
I’m 100% certain that the teachings I received are genuine.
And the environment was suitable and conducive for this to occur successfully.
If I had gone to a course with these new Covid restrictions I most certainly would have left by day 2 and most certainly by day 6.
What is happening is quite simply gross as in disgraceful and disgusting. These centres are most like ruined to me forever. The dhamma land has been corrupted.
It would be akin to meditating in a factory farm where animals have been brought to be slaughtered.
The infection of Mara upon these lands by the educated is disgraceful. Burn them to the ground and start again.
They stink, as Mrs. G would say.
Person who were a giver in previous lives doesn't go to dhamma center at all, as a renunciate, in todays settings. Specially those you need pay, since renunciate have no money anyway.
https://suttacentral.net/an5.31/en/sujato wrote: “As a renunciate, the one who was a giver would surpass the other in five respects.
“yo so, sumane, dāyako so amuṃ adāyakaṃ pabbajito samāno pañcahi ṭhānehi adhigaṇhāti—
They’d usually use only what they’ve been invited to accept—robes, alms-food, lodgings, and medicines and supplies for the sick—rarely using them without invitation.
yācitova bahulaṃ cīvaraṃ paribhuñjati appaṃ ayācito, yācitova bahulaṃ piṇḍapātaṃ paribhuñjati appaṃ ayācito, yācitova bahulaṃ senāsanaṃ paribhuñjati appaṃ ayācito, yācitova bahulaṃ gilānapaccayabhesajjaparikkhāraṃ paribhuñjati appaṃ ayācito.
dhamma centers are not for renunciates, not sure who they are meant for..

Did they go naked there? i doubt they are, they will just register as monk and nun and get free services and walk away with the things given to them, i suppose.
https://suttacentral.net/an5.55/en/sujato wrote:Now, at that time a mother and son had both entered the rainy season residence at Sāvatthī,Tena kho pana samayena sāvatthiyaṃ ubho mātāputtā vassāvāsaṃ upagamiṃsu—
as a monk and a nun.bhikkhu ca bhikkhunī ca.
Prolly government subsidies these old days residences and are not affiliated with the Buddha.
thepea

Post by thepea »

I’m not following your logic.
A giver in past life doesn’t enter a dhamma centre???
You will have to expand on this please.
auto

Post by auto »

thepea wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:25 am I’m not following your logic.
language barrier or you just don't want to admit you have not been much generous in the past.
i copy paste
https://suttacentral.net/an5.31/en/sujato wrote: They’d usually use only what they’ve been invited to accept—robes, alms-food, lodgings, and medicines and supplies for the sick—rarely using them without invitation.
thepea

Post by thepea »

auto wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:54 pm
thepea wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:25 am I’m not following your logic.
language barrier or you just don't want to admit you have not been much generous in the past.
i copy paste
https://suttacentral.net/an5.31/en/sujato wrote: They’d usually use only what they’ve been invited to accept—robes, alms-food, lodgings, and medicines and supplies for the sick—rarely using them without invitation.
I assure you I’m not following what your point is.
Wouldn’t those who were not generous, not enter a dhamma centre?
You seem to be saying the opppsite, and I’m not following.
Are saying that because of my selfishness I entered a dhamma centre, as I need it, vs the unselfish arahant who does not need the dhamma centre?