Seed of dhamma corrupted?

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
thepea

Seed of dhamma corrupted?

Post by thepea »

Looking into the very few dhamma centres open worldwide the trespass upon freedoms from this organization is running deep.
It seems that mandatory negative tests are required, mandatory isolations, discrimination towards elderly and anyone with a comorbidity.
My god where are the days where even the slightest whiff of a food allergy was not only welcomed but these individuals got express deluxe service. Now it’s no special meals and food choices will be limited.
Mandatory masks worn all day unless in your room or outside alone. Mandatory use of hand sanitizers as you exit and enter facilities.
Questions to AT’s are limited if even given.
And god forbid you sneeze or cough, out you go.
In past these were considered sankharas coming to the surface and manifesting as....
Not anymore one cough will get you a trip into isolation and better have a ride home, if it doesn’t stop.
The intensity under normal conditions is tough for any new student. Tough but fair, it was always fair and the treatment was almost always excellent(volunteer so not perfect).
I honestly having sat over a dozen 10’s and multiple long courses would not recommend this current course as its being offered. In fact it seems cruel and reckless to invite students into this environment with the expectation of dealing with a storm scenario from a new student. Where is the compassion and wisdom has left the building.
I pulled an unannounced visit, as i was told to always make this place a second home. What fear, sadness and total lack of empathy I was met with.
“Where’s your mask, where’s your mask?”
I don’t wear one I replied.
“You have to!”
I’m exempt I responded not that my personal medical property is any of your business.
Thank you.
“Nobody’s exempt! You have to wear one!”

Where did the compassionate wise teachers go, who were these scared old people. And why is a Vipassana meditator scared of death? We observe death as our indirect object.

I volunteered my service and let them know my batteries were close to empty and I could use a few days on dhamma land, working meditating and recharging.
“No, you have to go!”
But I come with open arms in a time of great need of dhamma. Buddha made every effort to give dhamma to those in need.
“No, you have to go!”

Now, I don’t see eye to eye with everyone here and that’s ok, but I simply cannot fathom treating people like this.
There was a reason buddha left the money lenders and policy makers and roamed free in the forest.
Mr. G’s teachings are spot on, and I loved the man. But what is happening globally to this “grass roots movement” is corrupted. Bank loans, millions of dollars in real estate, obligations, city official sticking there nose into everything.
The pristine purity has been corrupted.
The teachings are perfect, but the delivery method and management has been corrupted globally.
Gone are the broke volunteers giving service and running the centres by a prayer and a smile, hello accountants and lawyers, architects, doctors and all the educated elite with their expert opinions in management.
It’s done, prove me wrong.
confusedlayman

Re: Seed of dhamma corrupted?

Post by confusedlayman »

dear human being who is interested in dhamma,

no one wants to die and waste this human life before attaining any higher fruit like arhantship or like that... everyone knows we are all going to die one day but its better to use human life to max so dhamma life can be improved greatly.. why waste this human life just because u dont wear mask out of defilements?

if u dont wear mask sometimes u can get covid from others u might risk ur life before even attaining arhantship or even stream..

if u dont wear mask, u will not only have chance to get covid, u can also transmit to others even when asymptomic .. so u r responsible for others suffering and earn bad karma.. why can't u wear a mask? it takes 20 sec max to do it...

also the teacher u made u go is actually acting for your good .. u need to follow basic law ..
Last edited by DNS on Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed excessively long quote; just quote a small part you are responding to or don't quote at all
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

A little bit ago I woke up with bad chills. It was difficult to get to and use the bathroom. Then I took a dose of Excedrin and got on my hot pad, which had started to warm up. Both arms are sore and one leg. Guess who got his second dose of vaccine yesterday. Honestly I never expected to get covid-19 and I hate wearing masks. The masks make me hyperventilate a little, just enough to be uncomfortable at times. This is weird because I used to have to wear them all the time at work in a research job. It was just science back then. I'm no professional Buddhist, but it seems to me that taking on discomfort voluntarily to make others feel safer is a way to burn off bad kamma. As long as you don't do it with a mind full of resentment.
thepea

Post by thepea »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:53 am
dear human being who is interested in dhamma,

no one wants to die and waste this human life before attaining any higher fruit like arhantship or like that... everyone knows we are all going to die one day but its better to use human life to max so dhamma life can be improved greatly.. why waste this human life just because u dont wear mask out of defilements?

if u dont wear mask sometimes u can get covid from others u might risk ur life before even attaining arhantship or even stream..

if u dont wear mask, u will not only have chance to get covid, u can also transmit to others even when asymptomic .. so u r responsible for others suffering and earn bad karma.. why can't u wear a mask? it takes 20 sec max to do it...

also the teacher u made u go is actually acting for your good .. u need to follow basic law ..
Firstly, I’m not a human(monster), I am a living man. Fact
The word human is a corrupted translation. I’m not proficient in the old language of buddhas time but I would go out on a limb saying “Buddha did not use this word to describe man and woman”.
Perhaps mendicant.

Second, I clearly stated that I’m exempt from wearing the mask. Full stop.

Third, I have never worn the slave rag or followed medical advice and 12 months in I’m great. So I must be immune, given the rates of infection. Three years ago I had something similar and took two months to recover. Perhaps I had it waaaaaay back and am immune.

You have not convinced me that the dhamma has not been corrupted within this organization.
But please keep trying.
I have heard your arguments regarding spread, but I choose like Buddha to walk a different path.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Inedible wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:31 am A little bit ago I woke up with bad chills. It was difficult to get to and use the bathroom. Then I took a dose of Excedrin and got on my hot pad, which had started to warm up. Both arms are sore and one leg. Guess who got his second dose of vaccine yesterday. Honestly I never expected to get covid-19 and I hate wearing masks. The masks make me hyperventilate a little, just enough to be uncomfortable at times. This is weird because I used to have to wear them all the time at work in a research job. It was just science back then. I'm no professional Buddhist, but it seems to me that taking on discomfort voluntarily to make others feel safer is a way to burn off bad kamma. As long as you don't do it with a mind full of resentment.
With two offspring at home, witnessing the effects of this lockdown upon them. I am left with only one logical conclusion, this actions taken to prevent spread is abusive towards them.
Unable to play and socialize with friends, it’s affecting them greatly.
I don’t comprehend how an organization like this can support abuse to our youngest members of society.
My heart breaks a little each day for all that consent to this treatment.
I don’t comprehend your taking on discomfort statement?
We are never to place ourselves in discomfort on purpose.
This is aseticism is it not? This is not the middle way.
Middle way is to accept that death is coming, that like all things this is life, to see all as impermanent and subject to passing. To witness this and accept not to fear this.
Am I missing something?
It seems that we have moved into an era of aceticism, am I mistaken?
thepea

Post by thepea »

confusedlayman wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:53 am
What law did I break? I am 100% law abiding. I was told to consider this my home away from home. To come to give service or charge your batteries as required.
If anything they have clearly broken precepts and lied to me.
This falls in line with the corruption I’ve noticed within the organization.
It seems this organization is being used to harm people at current. Like the medical industry is.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Maybe they just don't want to follow the example of the Christian churches early in the pandemic. They would gather like normal and hundreds got covid-19.
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:14 am ...
As a Buddhist you should be obeying the law of the land. The only exception is if the law compels you to go against the Dhamma, but I can't see that being the case here.
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:41 pm
As a Buddhist you should be obeying the law of the land. The only exception is if the law compels you to go against the Dhamma, but I can't see that being the case here.
What is the law of the land?
Does Buddhism condone discrimination?
https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/61030196 ... wsource=cl
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:47 pm
I'm not sure what the exact laws are where you live but I imagine they are like mine, which require face masks indoors and social distancing. If a venue asks you to sanitise your hands before going in then you should do so.

As for "discrimination", it really depends on the context. When a woman has been raped she will be seen by a female officer. This discriminates against men, but for obvious good reasons. So, as I say, it depends. As for your clip, I don't see anyone being discriminated against there. The land belongs to the state, and the ban is applied to everyone.
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:59 pm
thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:47 pm

I'm not sure what the exact laws are where you live but I imagine they are like mine, which require face masks indoors and social distancing. If a venue asks you to sanitise your hands before going in then you should do so.

As for "discrimination", it really depends on the context. When a woman has been raped she will be seen by a female officer. This discriminates against men, but for obvious good reasons. So, as I say, it depends. As for your clip, I don't see anyone being discriminated against there. The land belongs to the state, and the ban is applied to everyone.
What law says you have to wear a face covering? that’s against freedoms, so is social distancing.
If a venue “asks” me to do anything, then we are contracting. I will provide a fee schedule or terms to comply if these are not met then I will not do as asked.I am free man.
Am I mistaken here in any way?
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:05 pm
What law says you have to wear a face covering? that’s against freedoms, so is social distancing.
Current law in Wales and the U.K. at large is to wear face coverings indoors. Since following this law does not violate Dhamma, I should comply (which I do). I imagine you have a similar law in your country?
If a venue “asks” me to do anything, then we are contracting. I will provide a fee schedule or terms to comply if these are not met then I will not do as asked.I am free man.
The venue has it's own rules. If you do not wish to comply with those rules then do not go in. If you go in and ignore the rules the venue is perfectly entitled to have you removed. People have the right to associate with you or not, depending on their wishes. This applies be it a chance encounter in a street or if they own private property. You are not entitled to force your association on others.
Yes, about a great many things.
auto

Post by auto »

People are taking synthetic medicine to get rid of symptoms, symptoms what could potentially kill. Scientists doesn't know how to deal with the virus so they mute it. What is this problem solving called?
thepea

Post by thepea »

Ceisiwr wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:14 pm
thepea wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:05 pm
Current law in Wales and the U.K. at large is to wear face coverings indoors. Since following this law does not violate Dhamma, I should comply (which I do). I imagine you have a similar law in your country?
The venue has it's own rules. If you do not wish to comply with those rules then do not go in. If you go in and ignore the rules the venue is perfectly entitled to have you removed. People have the right to associate with you or not, depending on their wishes. This applies be it a chance encounter in a street or if they own private property. You are not entitled to force your association on others.
Yes, about a great many things.
We have a similar law but it provides exemptions.
For those who are young, those who have difficulties breathing, those who cannot apply and remove on their own, creed those who for religious or belief feel they cannot wear one. Basically covers anyone who does not wish to wear one.
I’m curious if Wales has similar, I’m assuming yes. If they don’t then it is a trespass of ones freedoms.

Personal dwellings can deny entry to whom ever the choose. They can discriminate. But for example I share this dwelling with my wife, daughter and son. We must live in a way that respects each of our own unique personal desires, otherwise it would be a home of tyranny.

A business or church, has an operating licence and must follow the laws of the land or the licence may be taken away. Did Buddha have such a license?
As such it is discrimination for venues to operate outside of the laws of land. No man/woman is to be discriminated against for any disability, it is unlawful.
The law as it has to do with freedoms is clear and linear.

If an order(no contract) is imposed upon the public, and an individual wishes to negotiate this and request changes then they have this option. If policy makers refuse to contract with public then this is known as a one sided contract and it is not enforceable.

What we have currently is a tyrannical corporate dictatorship that is using hired private security(police) to enforce and bully businesses and church’s.

We are all vessels of nibbana, nibbana requires no licence to operate, just as Buddha.
thepea

Post by thepea »

auto wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 pm People are taking synthetic medicine to get rid of symptoms, symptoms what could potentially kill. Scientists doesn't know how to deal with the virus so they mute it. What is this problem solving called?
Not many are taking carefully measured synthetic poisons to get rid of symptoms.
Some just allow the natural bodies immune system to deal with the daily things we come across.
I think this is problem creation opposed to solving.
But... this is a bit off topic, not completely but a little.

How does Buddha teach dealing with the causes of consent(suffering).