Experiencing Truths through Equanimity

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
maniture_85

Experiencing Truths through Equanimity

Post by maniture_85 »

I was really not expecting this experience in this period because i'm not meditating much, but it happened.
It was evening, i was at my pc and i wanted to relax with some of my favorite songs, being sat on my seat. It was a nice day, i met people and had meaningful talks and connection with them.
Focusing on sensations and trying to be equanimous to them, i noticed i was more and more able to feel sensations as vibration, until i was feeling sensations almost everywhere in my body. I was seeing toughts disappearing fast as they appeared to my mind, and i felt i was able to "switch" from tought to the respective sensation which was generating it. Basically it felt like toughts and sensations are the same thing.
Increasing concentration it was able to stop any tought at command: it was like a kind of ability of the mind.
At a certain point i felt that mind was speeded up, music was profound and very detailed. Mind voice was totally absent in many moments. Sense of time looked to be absent.
I felt like in childhood, i had the sensation of being back home. I was surprised of experiencing that the various emotions are ultimately the same stuff, it is just the kind of sensation that changes ( but every sensation has the same nature ). Every emotion can be observed objectively and is essentially substanceless. So, no need to feel fear, or delusion for example. Those emotions can be dominated just by observation, and it has to be done because these emotions are essentially illusions.
I realized that i'm often dominated by an extreme need of admiration, and this need is ruining my life. I have an extreme fear to be judged by others and by myself. I realized that the life of others is ruined by their own bad habit patterns, and it brings suffering to them and to others.
After 20 minutes i was no longer able to sustain concentration. I was still able to feel sensations everywhere, but i wasn't able to stop toughts.

The next morning i was able to be very mindful: even walking on the street, i experienced a nice degree of focus and equanimity, even walking on the street i was able to experience a similar ( but weaker ) state.
Being alone in my room after a walk, i cried with no apparent reason: not because of sadness, or delusion.
Because i felt Sankhara brings bondage. Why do we have to live that bondage? I see myself and people suffering because of deep ignorance about the laws of nature. We are suffering for no reason, and it is all because of our unwholesome choices. All of this can, and should, be avoided.
I want people around me to know this, and i want them to experience this truth and experience true happiness.
SarathW

Re: Experiencing Truths through Equanimity

Post by SarathW »

"There is, O monks, worldly joy,[1] there is unworldly joy, and there is a still greater unworldly joy. There is worldly happiness,[2] there is unworldly happiness, and there is a still greater unworldly happiness. There is worldly equanimity, there is unworldly equanimity, and there a still greater unworldly equanimity. There is worldly freedom, there is unworldly freedom, and there is a still greater unworldly freedom.
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... html#fnt-1

You have to investigate your experience in line with the blue highlighted.
By the way it is great to see that you had a happy expereince.
Last edited by SarathW on Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

Many thanks. A heartening and inspiring post.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

maniture_85 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 am I was really not expecting this experience in this period because i'm not meditating much, but it happened.
It was evening, i was at my pc and i wanted to relax with some of my favorite songs, being sat on my seat. It was a nice day, i met people and had meaningful talks and connection with them.
Focusing on sensations and trying to be equanimous to them, i noticed i was more and more able to feel sensations as vibration, until i was feeling sensations almost everywhere in my body. I was seeing toughts disappearing fast as they appeared to my mind, and i felt i was able to "switch" from tought to the respective sensation which was generating it. Basically it felt like toughts and sensations are the same thing.
Increasing concentration it was able to stop any tought at command: it was like a kind of ability of the mind.
At a certain point i felt that mind was speeded up, music was profound and very detailed. Mind voice was totally absent in many moments. Sense of time looked to be absent.
I felt like in childhood, i had the sensation of being back home. I was surprised of experiencing that the various emotions are ultimately the same stuff, it is just the kind of sensation that changes ( but every sensation has the same nature ). Every emotion can be observed objectively and is essentially substanceless. So, no need to feel fear, or delusion for example. Those emotions can be dominated just by observation, and it has to be done because these emotions are essentially illusions.
I realized that i'm often dominated by an extreme need of admiration, and this need is ruining my life. I have an extreme fear to be judged by others and by myself. I realized that the life of others is ruined by their own bad habit patterns, and it brings suffering to them and to others.
After 20 minutes i was no longer able to sustain concentration. I was still able to feel sensations everywhere, but i wasn't able to stop toughts.

The next morning i was able to be very mindful: even walking on the street, i experienced a nice degree of focus and equanimity, even walking on the street i was able to experience a similar ( but weaker ) state.
Being alone in my room after a walk, i cried with no apparent reason: not because of sadness, or delusion.
Because i felt Sankhara brings bondage. Why do we have to live that bondage? I see myself and people suffering because of deep ignorance about the laws of nature. We are suffering for no reason, and it is all because of our unwholesome choices. All of this can, and should, be avoided.
I want people around me to know this, and i want them to experience this truth and experience true happiness.
mindfulness due to heightened awareness .. or u entered bare awareness in profound way.. when u are aware of awareness this state can come .. or u can maintain neutral towards all sense for 5 min
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
mjaviem

Post by mjaviem »

maniture_85 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 am ...
Inspiring to keep practising. Thanks for sharing.
Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā Sambuddhassa