Is understanding body joint movement the way to eliminate self-view?

A forum for Dhamma resources in languages other than English
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Ven. Vijithananda argues that all our achievements are base on perfecting body movements.
In my words Learning to walk to hitting a golf ball, for instance, depend on successful joint control.
Hence he instructs, that walking meditation leads you to a perfect understanding of body movements.
He used a verse "Bahu sappancha Sippancha" from Mangala Sutta.
My question is, have any of you ever heard any monk talking about the joint movements of the body?

Meditation Program (AU/BB) - 10 : 2020-02-17

“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Crazy cloud

Re: Is understanding body joint movement the way to eliminate self-view?

Post by Crazy cloud »

Whatever one does as long as one aim for liberation will do. One doesn't know when it happens, not even remember the specific time if it happens, because one just suddenly sees that "it's gone".

I wouldn't do this or be who I am doing it, if just one or another bit of my past was suddenly unhappened.

At least, that is what I believe
:smile:
If you didn't care
What happened to me
And I didn't care for you

We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Wondering which of the
Buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

He further explained that knowing the sensation of the sole of the foot is termed Dathu Manasikara (knowing the nature of the elements - ie softness and hardness, etc) and knowing the sensation of joint as the Iriyapatha Pabba (knowing the movements of your body. ie sitting, standing, extending your hand, etc)
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

SarathW wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:35 pm He further explained that knowing the sensation of the sole of the foot is termed Dathu Manasikara (knowing the nature of the elements - ie softness and hardness, etc) and knowing the sensation of joint as the Iriyapatha Pabba (knowing the movements of your body. ie sitting, standing, extending your hand, etc)
These are trainings that lead to improve awareness or mindfulness , but not about dependent origination .
You always gain by giving