Puredhamma.net Warning !!!

A forum for Dhamma resources in languages other than English
DooDoot

Re: Puredhamma.net Warning !!!

Post by DooDoot »

Shalom Lal,
Lal wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 am If you are interested in learning these concepts you should read the posts AND the posts that are referred to.
Frankly, many of us know these terms and their meaning. If you wish to present curious renderings, the onus is on you to explain them.

Metta,
Doot. :)
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
Lal

Post by Lal »

Frankly, many of us know these terms and their meaning.
Great. If so, there is nothing for me to explain.
freedom

Post by freedom »

Knowledge is good, but what good will also come with its bad side. The more we think we know the Dhamma, the bigger conceit and delusion we have. "I know this doctrine, you don't. I understand the meaning of this word, you don't". If knowledge is used incorrectly, we will destroy ourselves.

If we study the Dhamma to show off our knowledge to others, to win a debate, to gain some titles, to write some books, to win followers, to be a venerable one, to find other people's mistakes so we can critize them... then we will continue increasing our own sufferings.

If the knowledge that we gain from the Dhamma, from others can help us to see ourselves, our own mistakes, our own conceits, our own hatred and delusion then we have a chance to correct ourselves and be free from sufferings. However, we often prefer to see other people's mistakes than our own. We often see our own superiority than our mistakes.

If we cannot even help ourselves, we will not be able to help others.
One should not be negligent of discernment, should guard the truth, be devoted to relinquishment, and train only for calm - MN 140.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

freedom wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:20 am Knowledge is good, but what good will also come with its bad side. The more we think we know the Dhamma, the bigger conceit and delusion we have. "I know this doctrine, you don't. I understand the meaning of this word, you don't". If knowledge is used incorrectly, we will destroy ourselves.

If we study the Dhamma to show off our knowledge to others, to win a debate, to gain some titles, to write some books, to win followers, to be a venerable one, to find other people's mistakes so we can critize them... then we will continue increasing our own sufferings.

If the knowledge that we gain from the Dhamma, from others can help us to see ourselves, our own mistakes, our own conceits, our own hatred and delusion then we have a chance to correct ourselves and be free from sufferings. However, we often prefer to see other people's mistakes than our own. We often see our own superiority than our mistakes.

If we cannot even help ourselves, we will not be able to help others.
:goodpost:

Well said! A very wise post! Very deserving of reflection IMHO. :anjali:
'Suppose there were a beetle, a dung-eater, full of dung, gorged with dung, with a huge pile of dung in front of him. He, because of that, would look down on other beetles: 'Yes, sirree! I am a dung-eater, full of dung, gorged with dung, with a huge pile of dung in front of me!' - SN 17.5
Eko Care

Post by Eko Care »

DooDoot wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:02 am Shalom Lal,
Lal wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:48 am If you are interested in learning these concepts you should read the posts AND the posts that are referred to.
Frankly, many of us know these terms and their meaning. If you wish to present curious renderings, the onus is on you to explain them.

Metta,
Doot. :)
Inventive skill is considered a wisdom (Vibhangappakarana), but not in every case.