Chao Phra Khun (Ajahn) Keng Khemako from Singapore

A forum for Dhamma resources in languages other than English
Ontheway

Chao Phra Khun (Ajahn) Keng Khemako from Singapore

Post by Ontheway »

I started to gain affinity to Ajahn Keng Khemako's Dhammatalks and down-to-earth attitude to Buddhist practice. Really practical and insightful.
He was a Tudong (Dhutanga) Singaporean monk, learned and experienced, and was conferred a title of "Chao Phra Khun" by Thai Royals.

What he said is correct, nowadays people often argued too much on this and that about Dhamma, but never settle down to really practice Dhamma. In the end of the day, what is the use of it?

He reminds me of Ven. K Sri Dhammananda Mahanayaka Thera in Malaysia, always down-to-earth, practical, great confidence, and really emphasize real life Dhamma practice rather than just book knowledge.

Just sharing some of the short Dhamma talks from him (I found them from YouTube) in Singaporean (or possibly Malaysian) styled English:

Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

https://suttacentral.net/ja6/en/chalmer ... ight=false
arkaprava

Re: Chao Phra Khun (Ajahn) Keng Khemako from Singapore

Post by arkaprava »

Trained under Thanissaro Bhikkhu as well, stayed at Wat Metta for 3 years.

Ontheway

Post by Ontheway »

arkaprava wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 am Trained under Thanissaro Bhikkhu as well, stayed at Wat Metta for 3 years.

Thanks for the photos.
Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

Ontheway

Post by Ontheway »

His Dhammatalks are really eye-opening.
It seems he really a capable monk, always down-to-earth practical, and compassionate to his supporters.

Some of my favourite Dhammatalks:

Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

He's really great. I love his dhamma talks. :anjali:
Ontheway

Post by Ontheway »

dharmacorps wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:49 pm He's really great. I love his dhamma talks. :anjali:
I also like his talks a lot. He always talk about real life situations and meditation.

One thing I noticed that he freely talks about his encounters with Petas or Peta-related topics, which other monks such as Ajahn Brahmali, Ajahn Brahm, Ajahn Vimalaramsi, and Ajahn Sujato refrain from. It is really eye-opening.
Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

bazzaman

Post by bazzaman »

Some more talks by the Ven. Ajahn Keng:

The link is to the first of seven talks. The others appear on the right of the screen. I tried, but could not manage to post a link to the full playlist.
Atāṇo loko anabhissaro...

Yena yena hi maññanti tato taṃ hoti aññathā,
Ontheway

Post by Ontheway »

bazzaman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 am Some more talks by the Ven. Ajahn Keng:

The link is to the first of seven talks. The others appear on the right of the screen. I tried, but could not manage to post a link to the full playlist.
Thanks ! Sadhu 🙏
Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

Ontheway

Post by Ontheway »

Another excellent sharing session.
Hiriottappasampannā,
sukkadhammasamāhitā;
Santo sappurisā loke,
devadhammāti vuccare.

rybka3

Post by rybka3 »

a collection of over 150 videos from Ajahn Keng's talks
Camila

Post by Camila »

Hi Guys,revanced
Ajahn Keng Khemako from Singapore is a remarkable spiritual teacher whose wisdom and compassion have touched the lives of many. His teachings on mindfulness and meditation have been transformative, guiding individuals towards inner peace and self-discovery. With gratitude, I honor his contribution to the global spiritual community. May his guidance continue to inspire and uplift souls on their journey towards enlightenment. 🙏✨
bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma »

He's actually spending the Vassa in Geelong this year if it's of interest to anyone, he mentioned there's a Wat there with flooding problems or sth. I had thought to try and do an interview with him, there's some stories from his Bio that would be good to have a record of, plus he can be quite funny at times, what do you think a good idea?
rybka3

Post by rybka3 »

bhante dhamma wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:01 am He's actually spending the Vassa in Geelong this year if it's of interest to anyone, he mentioned there's a Wat there with flooding problems or sth. I had thought to try and do an interview with him, there's some stories from his Bio that would be good to have a record of, plus he can be quite funny at times, what do you think a good idea?
yes, I've read his autobiography and there are fascinating details. Would be great if you can hear more from him.
frank k

Post by frank k »

rybka3 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:08 am
bhante dhamma wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:01 am He's actually spending the Vassa in Geelong this year if it's of interest to anyone, he mentioned there's a Wat there with flooding problems or sth. I had thought to try and do an interview with him, there's some stories from his Bio that would be good to have a record of, plus he can be quite funny at times, what do you think a good idea?
yes, I've read his autobiography and there are fascinating details. Would be great if you can hear more from him.
Where is his autobiography (link?)
is it in English?
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma »

Hi Frank not sure there is one, sadly enough the Saṅgha there recently got asked to stop going pindapata at the local supermarket, i suggested they talk to that Malaysian man from Kulai who is in parliament here, to try and pull some strings, or hopefully the management can see that its actually a good thing for them and the greater community. A bit of a sad spin on Avijja paccaya saṇkhāra.