Happy Birthday Pondera

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
Pondera

Happy Birthday Pondera

Post by Pondera »

Happy birthday to Pondera. I think he’s 40 today. I’ve noticed over the years that he never gets a birthday shout out from admin. Maybe because he’s got so many fringe ideas about mainstream Buddhism. But I think he contributes positive energy to this forum - so this birthday shout out is for Pondera! :tongue:
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Re: Happy Birthday Pondera

Post by Sam Vara »

Happy birthday Pondera! :toast:

Having different ideas about Buddhism is a positive in my book, and your contributions are always welcome, as far as I'm concerned. :heart:

I'm not sure if it's admin who notice birthdays, btw - I think it might just be ordinary members.

Anyway, have a great day, I wish you every happiness.
Bundokji

Post by Bundokji »

Happy Birthday Pondera :toast:
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

:anjali:
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

Happy Birthday! :namaste:
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
Ceisiwr

Post by Ceisiwr »

Happy day of birth :toast:
“Knowing that this body is just like foam,
understanding it has the nature of a mirage,
cutting off Māra’s flower-tipped arrows,
one should go beyond the King of Death’s sight.”
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Pondera wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:12 am Happy birthday to Pondera. I think he’s 40 today. I’ve noticed over the years that he never gets a birthday shout out from admin. Maybe because he’s got so many fringe ideas about mainstream Buddhism. But I think he contributes positive energy to this forum - so this birthday shout out is for Pondera! :tongue:
Happy Birthday!!

No one has been getting a birthday shout out since we closed the Lounge section over 3 years ago. Nothing personal :tongue: it's just that the Lounge was closed. But we'll make an exception and allow this.

:toast:
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Happy Birthday Pondera!

:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
Pondera

Post by Pondera »

DNS wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:59 pm
Pondera wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:12 am Happy birthday to Pondera. I think he’s 40 today. I’ve noticed over the years that he never gets a birthday shout out from admin. Maybe because he’s got so many fringe ideas about mainstream Buddhism. But I think he contributes positive energy to this forum - so this birthday shout out is for Pondera! :tongue:
Happy Birthday!!

No one has been getting a birthday shout out since we closed the Lounge section over 3 years ago. Nothing personal :tongue: it's just that the Lounge was closed. But we'll make an exception and allow this.

:toast:
Oh. I didn’t realize that was the case. Thanks for the exception.

I had a very good celebration with my family. Ate some of my favourite foods made by my favourite people with my favourite relatives.

Pumpkin pie as a cake. Instead of blowing the candles out, I waved them away with a swift brush of the hand (much more appropriate given the times).

And here it’s nice to see some shout outs. I hope everyone is healthy and safe. Be well Dhammawheel. Be well and be grateful.

🤔
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
Omit

Post by Omit »

Happy Birthday! :twothumbsup: