Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
StrivingforMonkhood

Re: Semen retentive sex and Buddhist practice

Post by StrivingforMonkhood »

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:40 am the main reason for xx is the good feeling we get..

that good feeling arise only when semen passes in penis tube...

if semen is not moving (semen retentive) then there wont be feeling.. then whats the point of having xx

what it has to do with buddhist practice?
We never want to cling to impermanent feelings of pleasure. It only leaves to greater and greater suffering.
May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness

We are already Buddha
StrivingforMonkhood

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:50 pmrelationship love is lust filled.. it is not equal to love of parents to child or brahma to other creatures
Lust is chemical-based, nothing to do with love. You want to be a slave to chemicals? This is why marriages often don't last, as they're not rooted in real love, but rather lust in the beginning.

In the end, we are each an island. We die alone. Let's help each other realize that others cannot make us happy. Only the individual can make himself happy. Nothing in the external world leads to happiness -- sex, money, food, fame and fortune. It is completely delusional to think so. These are simple truth about ultimate reality.

It's not immoral to be happily married, but you will never gain true liberation from suffering from it.

May we all fulfill our deepest wish for happiness.

:namaste:

We are already Buddha
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

:goodpost:
StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:02 am
confusedlayman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:50 pmrelationship love is lust filled.. it is not equal to love of parents to child or brahma to other creatures
Lust is chemical-based, nothing to do with love. You want to be a slave to chemicals? This is why marriages often don't last, as they're not rooted in real love, but rather lust in the beginning.

In the end, we are each an island. We die alone. Let's help each other realize that others cannot make us happy. Only the individual can make himself happy. Nothing in the external world leads to happiness -- sex, money, food, fame and fortune. It is completely delusional to think so. These are simple truth about ultimate reality.

It's not immoral to be happily married, but you will never gain true liberation from suffering from it.

I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:02 am

You're lying to yourself if you think you haven't ever been in Love with a woman :smile: . And you know it. :anjali:

Even Buddha showed great Love to His wife and came back to visit her after attaining Enlightenment, crying next to her.

The devotion and Love they had for eachother was immense, even though Buddha chose to propigate the Dharma in that life and not stay a householder.
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
StrivingforMonkhood

Mahabrahma wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:36 amYou're lying to yourself if you think you haven't ever been in Love with a woman :smile: . And you know it. :anjali:

Even Buddha showed great Love to His wife and came back to visit her after attaining Enlightenment, crying next to her.

The devotion and Love they had for eachother was immense, even though Buddha chose to propigate the Dharma in that life and not stay a householder.
Dear friend,

The Buddha may have loved his wife immensely, but he ultimately knew that happiness was not in another person. That is clinging, and clinging is suffering. Enlightened beings love without clinging.

I am celibate, and it has been the best decision I have ever made. One less sensual pleasure to cling to...

I'm not here to judge men who are sexually active, or who have strong worldly attachments for material wealth. I only want people to know that sensual pleasures ultimately lead nowhere. You don't need to fully renunciate as a Buddhist, but you need to chip away at clinging to the sensual world; otherwise, you will grow stagnant on your path. It's hard to to hear, but it is the truth that will set you free.

Quit chasing castles in the sky. There never were any, nor will there ever be any. Happiness is a state mind, where equanimity and non-clinging remain supreme. This is true liberation. Let's remember that our foundation is the pillars of morality, built upon the precepts. Without morality, we can never even begin to achieve enlightenment.

We are already Buddha
Mahabrahma

Post by Mahabrahma »

StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 am ...
Happiness is found in interaction with other living beings, in Metta, that is the purpose of life. There is great merit in a state of mind full of equanimity and renunciation, but there is absolutely no difference between the full renunciate who partakes in a relationship with a woman and one who doesn't, as long as there are no material attachments in the process. If all your life is just a desire to not suffer, you would have disappeared into Parinirvana by now, in an instant, without remainder. Yet you are still here, and will still be here for a long time like so, so many of us. It is because we are here in the Saha world to save others as Buddhists, we don't have to be here. I agree that celibacy is a strong path, I have taken it up for an extremely long time and it brings great Spiritual advancement. But those who decide to renounce the world yet have Metta for eachother in the non-celibate path can be just as strong and Spiritually advanced. One path is not greater than the other, it is just that in this troubled modern world it is more discerning of the times to be celibate or at least mostly celibate, considering we need to get out of this world and help others out of it as well, and not stay trapped in the shackles of sex life. I respect your wisdom.
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

The easiest way to keep sperm in your body is a vasectomy.

It's like getting drunk because you want to and not having to say it is Friday or a holiday. If you want to have sex just admit it is for fun.
StrivingforMonkhood

Mahabrahma wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:32 am
StrivingforMonkhood wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:15 am ...
Happiness is found in interaction with other living beings, in Metta, that is the purpose of life. There is great merit in a state of mind full of equanimity and renunciation, but there is absolutely no difference between the full renunciate who partakes in a relationship with a woman and one who doesn't, as long as there are no material attachments in the process. If all your life is just a desire to not suffer, you would have disappeared into Parinirvana by now, in an instant, without remainder. Yet you are still here, and will still be here for a long time like so, so many of us. It is because we are here in the Saha world to save others as Buddhists, we don't have to be here. I agree that celibacy is a strong path, I have taken it up for an extremely long time and it brings great Spiritual advancement. But those who decide to renounce the world yet have Metta for eachother in the non-celibate path can be just as strong and Spiritually advanced. One path is not greater than the other, it is just that in this troubled modern world it is more discerning of the times to be celibate or at least mostly celibate, considering we need to get out of this world and help others out of it as well, and not stay trapped in the shackles of sex life. I respect your wisdom.
I agree with you, dear friend. I understand where you are coming from. I am at peace with your words.

I was deeply touched by your love for all sentient beings in order to help them get out of samsara for once and for all.

Much love in the Dhamma to you.

:anjali:

We are already Buddha