forex trading and buddhism

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
Mahabrahma

Re: forex trading and buddhism

Post by Mahabrahma »

Don't do anything that you think might take you away from your Buddhist path. Don't do a single thing like that. And if you do do such a thing, repent and straighten yourself back up into fully practicing the Dharma. Try to be just like the Buddha, He was just like you and you fully have His wisdom in you as the roots and seeds of Buddhahood in your Buddhist practice, that He placed there the first time you desired to become a Buddhist. You are very Spiritually Advanced, and although there is a long road ahead, your Buddha-Nature is directly inside of you, right now, able to be utilized fully.
That sage who has perfect insight,
at the summit of spiritual perfection:
that’s who I call a brahmin.

-Dhammapada.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Do the best you can to take care of yourself. If you give up and make other people do it for you, they are likely to be far more practical than you would be. On the other hand, you know how much you honestly need to be able to live your life and work your path.
Rayduport

Post by Rayduport »

I wouldn't own any individual stocks at all or throw my support behind a individual company at all unless I was able to be certain of their practices. I only own mutual funds which invest in the entire economy. Sadly, even efforts to make "socially responsible funds" often include companies of questionable ethics (weapons, alcohol, meat, etc) in quite large percentages. Plus, unethical companies frequently conceal their bad practices.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Rayduport wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:13 pm I wouldn't own any individual stocks at all or throw my support behind a individual company at all unless I was able to be certain of their practices. I only own mutual funds which invest in the entire economy. Sadly, even efforts to make "socially responsible funds" often include companies of questionable ethics (weapons, alcohol, meat, etc) in quite large percentages. Plus, unethical companies frequently conceal their bad practices.
Take full responsibility for your own investments. Be wary of "green-washing," by fossil-fuel companies, and others. Do your own research and take all reports in the Mainstream Media with a generous dose of salt. They all have vested interests.

BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
TRobinson465

Post by TRobinson465 »

Forex trading is no different than short term stock trading. Its not really gambling or bad per se. but speculation is very distracting for the mind. i would recommend long term investing as a way to protect/grow your wealth. your mind will be much more peaceful. Just do your best to avoid investing in the wrong livelihood trades.
"Do not have blind faith, but also no blind criticism" - the 14th Dalai Lama

"The Blessed One has set in motion the unexcelled Wheel of Dhamma that cannot be stopped by brahmins, devas, Maras, Brahmas or anyone in the cosmos." -Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta