Celibacy and motivation

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
SteRo

Re: Celibacy and motivation

Post by SteRo »

confusedlayman wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm only asubha meditation can make u temporarily off xx desire

only 3 characteristic and seeing formations as stress and gaining wisdom can root out xx desire after lessening it..

so do asubha and work on wisdom, soon u will reach anagami if u can do it.. then u r free

u can do jhana and compare the experience...

but celibacy is practiced by all ascetics in buddha lineage so its a must...

u can cry with tears full of face and suffer and still follow celibacy so u get good foundation...
Stop bragging around. You are just parroting what you have read.

I suggest you copy your current posts and take a look at them a few years in the future :lol:
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

The theme of this forum section is
Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
It's incredible how some users are obsessed with religious extremes.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
auto

Post by auto »

SteRo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:32 pm Therefore I suggest everybody investigate whether sexual enjoyment supports or obstructs permanent ease. And with that I have not said that sexual enjoyment would be ease because from my perspective it is not.
With that I have merely said "Don't believe [in] doctrine but rely on your own insight exclusively."
Do you mean sexual enjoyment is in parallel to permanent ease?
What way sexual enjoyment would not be an ease, is it because they are two different things?

In case you wonder whos fault it is of not understanding what you are writing.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

auto wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:13 pm
SteRo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:32 pm Therefore I suggest everybody investigate whether sexual enjoyment supports or obstructs permanent ease. And with that I have not said that sexual enjoyment would be ease because from my perspective it is not.
With that I have merely said "Don't believe [in] doctrine but rely on your own insight exclusively."
Do you mean sexual enjoyment is in parallel to permanent ease?
:lol:
investigate whether sexual enjoyment supports or obstructs permanent ease
auto wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:13 pm What way sexual enjoyment would not be an ease, is it because they are two different things?
:lol: :rolleye:

Investigate !
auto wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:13 pm In case you wonder whos fault it is of not understanding what you are writing.
Just let it be. Sooner or later I will ignore your posts either due to unintelligibility or due to obsession with doctrine.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
auto

Post by auto »

SteRo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:27 pm Just let it be. Sooner or later I will ignore your posts due to unintelligibility.
i could troll you, but i won't. Peace, i value my time.
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

auto wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:17 pm
SteRo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:27 pm Just let it be. Sooner or later I will ignore your posts due to unintelligibility.
i could troll you, but i won't. Peace, i value my time.
You've been trolling me so far and it's been a pleasure. But hey, enough is enough. :sage:
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

SteRo wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:41 pm
confusedlayman wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm only asubha meditation can make u temporarily off xx desire

only 3 characteristic and seeing formations as stress and gaining wisdom can root out xx desire after lessening it..

so do asubha and work on wisdom, soon u will reach anagami if u can do it.. then u r free

u can cry with tears full of face and suffer and still follow celibacy so u get good foundation...

I suggest you copy your current posts and take a look at them a few years in the future :lol:
Yes I type only what I heard/read or else it will be falsehood
I may be slow learner but im at least learning...
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

auto wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:37 pm

Celibacy, jobless, without own household and living off others. Best non-achievement ever! i wish more people could understand that.
all the above 4 applies to be but celibacy means not having gf and xx with others only that applies...
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:16 am

Hopefully you don't believe everything you type. You are young of age and it would be a pity if in future years you would regret decisions taken based on naive belief in youth.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

SteRo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 am

Hopefully you don't believe everything you type. You are young of age and it would be a pity if in future years you would regret decisions taken based on naive belief in youth.
what is naive belief in youth means? r u saying dont do asubha in youth as in future I will regret not enjoying xx when young?
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:55 am

what is naive belief in youth means? r u saying dont do asubha in youth as in future I will regret not enjoying xx when young?
With "naive belief" I am referring to your approach to buddhism in general. At least the approach you are putting on the stage of this forum. I don't know how you really feel about all this.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

SteRo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:02 am

With "naive belief" I am referring to your approach to buddhism in general. At least the approach you are putting on the stage of this forum. I don't know how you really feel about all this.
what approach im doing? I think I hv lots of approach ... what to do now?
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:07 am

As I said "You are young of age and it would be a pity if in future years you would regret decisions taken based on naive belief in youth."

This forum is just another of these internet "filter bubbles", you know. You certainly heard that people can fall prey to the weirdest beliefs in internet filter bubbles.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.
confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman »

SteRo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:21 am

As I said "You are young of age and it would be a pity if in future years you would regret decisions taken based on naive belief in youth."

This forum is just another of these internet "filter bubbles", you know. People can fall prey to the weirdest beliefs in internet filter bubbles.
I refer to sutta and sometimes vism to clarify .. I dont believe anything
SteRo

Post by SteRo »

confusedlayman wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:22 am
SteRo wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:21 am

This forum is just another of these internet "filter bubbles", you know. People can fall prey to the weirdest beliefs in internet filter bubbles.
I refer to sutta and sometimes vism to clarify .. I dont believe anything
You shouldn't even believe sutta or vism. Don't give up critical thinking.
Last edited by SteRo on Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cleared. αδόξαστος.