My co-worker texted me her address...

Balancing family life and the Dhamma, in pursuit of a happy lay life.
SDC

Re: My co-worker texted me her address...

Post by SDC »

bpallister wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:37 pm I’m going to think of her pooping, then I will think of her innards. (Not the inner thigh or vagina)
You don’t need to do asubha to realize this is a bad move. The danger is clear. You run the risk of contributing to ruining a marriage and a family.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I’m just gonna tell her I’m an incel
SDC

Post by SDC »

bpallister wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:52 pm I’m just gonna tell her I’m an incel
You don’t owe her any explanation. Not responding already implies that you’re not interested. Just be cordial and professional around her at work. At most just tell her you’re not interested in that type of relationship.
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

At this point, maybe you're just a cel, not an incel.

Choosing the high road here is choosing voluntary, not involuntary, celibacy with regards to this fast and loose lady who messaged you this material.

"Any sex" does not equal "good sex." Even if you met her, morality aside, it would likely be awkward and weird. I can't imagine it would be good. Likely she thinks you are a fellow player and has a bunch of false ideas in her head about you. That's the only reason why I can imagine someone being so bold with no context. You don't want your first sexual experience to be like that.
What is the Uncreated?
Sublime & free, what is that obscured Eternity?
It is the Undying, the Bright, the Isle.
It is an Ocean, a Secret: Reality.
Both life and oblivion, it is Nirvāṇa.
SDC

Post by SDC »

Coëmgenu wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:39 pm At this point, maybe you're just a cel, not an incel.

Choosing the high road here is choosing voluntary, not involuntary, celibacy with regards to this fast and loose lady who messaged you this material.

"Any sex" does not equal "good sex." Even if you met her, morality aside, it would likely be awkward and weird. I can't imagine it would be good. Likely she thinks you are a fellow player and has a bunch of false ideas in her head about you. That's the only reason why I can imagine someone being so bold with no context. You don't want your first sexual experience to be like that.
Solid post, C.
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

Mercy buckets.
What is the Uncreated?
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

I’ve had many sexual experiences in the past
Coëmgenu

Post by Coëmgenu »

Sorry, I must have misunderstood what "incel" meant.
What is the Uncreated?
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

currently in a state of inceldom but have not always been
samseva

Post by samseva »

SDC wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:39 am If you engage in that relationship, it falls on you as much as it does on her.
Which would be a breach of the 3rd precept.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

An address with no explanation means nothing. Maybe she just wants to know if you live nearby if you tend to arrive and leave at the same time. You can save some money on gas by arriving together. I have two co-workers who live very close to me now, and one one of the three of us drives. Unfortunately, we have a feeling he is going to quit soon. He has two jobs and likes the other one a lot more.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Or maybe she sent the text to the wrong person by accident. This even happens with nude photos, which is said to be really embarrassing. There could be someone out there who was expecting that address who didn't get it and wonders why not.
DooDoot

Post by DooDoot »

bpallister wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 pm I’ve had many sexual experiences in the past
In the days of my youth, before i learned what it means to be a hu-man, i used to try my often inept hand at chasing girls/ladies. i got a handful of 'yes', but more 'no'. When i stopped chasing ladies, i said many more "no" to them then i ever received. Its OK to say "no" to women (despite they & society thinking the answer to women must always be "yes"). Like ordinary men, ordinary women are just as clueless and, in many ways, far more stupider, because the consequences for them are far more greater. :x
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

There is no shortage of idiots out there, that's for sure! :tongue:
bpallister

Post by bpallister »

DooDoot wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:58 pm
bpallister wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:14 pm I’ve had many sexual experiences in the past
In the days of my youth, before i learned what it means to be a hu-man, i used to try my often inept hand at chasing girls/ladies. i got a handful of 'yes', but more 'no'. When i stopped chasing ladies, i said many more "no" to them then i ever received. Its OK to say "no" to women (despite they & society thinking the answer to women must always be "yes"). Like ordinary men, ordinary women are just as clueless and, in many ways, far more stupider, because the consequences for them are far more greater. :x